FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Youtube 2K?

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By Shtihi, Member on 13th October 2014, 02:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello people
i noticed that the youtube app in the note 4 is limiting the video resolution to 720p insted of the 2k resolution that our note 4 is capable of..
do you have some idea on how we can watch youtube at 2k?

13th October 2014, 12:30 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Verona (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 18,828

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtihi

Hello people
i noticed that the youtube app in the note 4 is limiting the video resolution to 720p insted of the 2k resolution that our note 4 is capable of..
do you have some idea on how we can watch youtube at 2k?

Open the video with chrome and set desktop view. Then choose 1440P resolution and watch your video of course only work if that videos have high resolution.
16th October 2014, 07:16 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe95

Open the video with chrome and set desktop view. Then choose 1440P resolution and watch your video of course only work if that videos have high resolution.

You still can't even watch 1080p with the YouTube app?
That crap really annoyed me on my Nexus 7 (2013) where you could only watch 720p at most. :-/
17th October 2014, 05:55 AM |#4  
Flag Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 808

More
Use the previous update of YouTube and you will be able to watch 1440p just disable auto update from Google playstore ....

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Uninstall YouTube ... reboot and install the version that I uploaded .... and disable auto update from Google playstore .....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b7...e-5.10.1.5.apk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JUSMEJOSE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JUSMEJOSE Ad-Free
17th October 2014, 09:21 AM |#5  
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 562

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSMEJOSE

Use the previous update of YouTube and you will be able to watch 1440p just disable auto update from Google playstore ....

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Uninstall YouTube ... reboot and install the version that I uploaded .... and disable auto update from Google playstore .....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b7...e-5.10.1.5.apk

hey bro, i uninstalled my current version i think was 5.13 or so, restart and install urs but its not the 5.10.1.5 i think u uploaded wrong version, after install i found it is 5.9.0.13 and also support only 720p

Edit: i did find the 5.10.1.5 on internet installed it and still only 720p :S
17th October 2014, 05:46 PM |#6  
Flag Anaheim, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlove6

hey bro, i uninstalled my current version i think was 5.13 or so, restart and install urs but its not the 5.10.1.5 i think u uploaded wrong version, after install i found it is 5.9.0.13 and also support only 720p

Edit: i did find the 5.10.1.5 on internet installed it and still only 720p :S

That's weird .... Because im using it right now ... and im able to watch 1440p videos .....
The Following User Says Thank You to JUSMEJOSE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JUSMEJOSE Ad-Free
17th October 2014, 05:59 PM |#7  
Flag Anaheim, CA

More
Working for me ... try it one more time ..... I know it works because people from the LG G3 thread said was working good ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1413565129699.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (53.6 KB, 4603 views)
18th October 2014, 06:46 PM |#8  
Flag Chippenham
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
I downloaded the YouTube apk from your mediafire link and it worked for me.

It should be noted that I had to remove YouTube twice using System app remover (ROOT) (pro), firstly I removed from User Apps but then when I rebooted YouTube was still present and started updating automatically. I then removed another YouTube that was present in the System Apps section and so it was removed completely.

Installed the above apk and now can enjoy 2K YouTube videos

18th October 2014, 08:46 PM |#9  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 132

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oursoul

I downloaded the YouTube apk from your mediafire link and it worked for me.

It should be noted that I had to remove YouTube twice using System app remover (ROOT) (pro), firstly I removed from User Apps but then when I rebooted YouTube was still present and started updating automatically. I then removed another YouTube that was present in the System Apps section and so it was removed completely.

Installed the above apk and now can enjoy 2K YouTube videos

Anyone able to help me identify what i'm doing wrong here as i cant seem to get it working

Here's what i've done :-

Disabled Auto Updates for the Youtube App in the marketplace
Uninstalled the youtube app using Titanium
Restarted the phone
Installed the linked version of Youtube

Open it and still 720p is the max resolution i can select on a video i know goes to 4k resolution

Any help?

Cheers guys
18th October 2014, 10:51 PM |#10  
Flag Sandnes
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Im using 5.10.3.5 and I get 1080p on videos that support it. Havent tried higher, because... well... my current device (Note 3) has a 1080p screen (soon to be a Note 4). According to google play, thats the last and latest version here in Scandinavia.
19th October 2014, 06:40 PM |#11  
Flag Anaheim, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrgod

Anyone able to help me identify what i'm doing wrong here as i cant seem to get it working

Here's what i've done :-

Disabled Auto Updates for the Youtube App in the marketplace
Uninstalled the youtube app using Titanium
Restarted the phone
Installed the linked version of Youtube

Open it and still 720p is the max resolution i can select on a video i know goes to 4k resolution

Any help?

Cheers guys

Root your device .... delete youtube from your system "Root Explorer Pro" redoot device ... make sure youtube is not in your system device . And know install the version that I posted ... and know you should be able to see 1440p resolution .....

Also make sure auto update is disable from your playstore
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)