FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you think this Mod is helpful?

Yes

66 Vote(s)
64.08%
No

4 Vote(s)
3.88%
Not Sure

33 Vote(s)
32.04%

ZeroLemon Fuel Gauge Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 4 [BETA]

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 142

By TheLoneWolf20, Senior Member on 10th June 2015, 05:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
First Beta Release on Lollipop BioShock

Alright guys, I have shaped this mod up to the best of my abilities and I present to you the Bravo version of it. I will get other kernel versions of this mod out but in the mean time I am sticking with the Original work space one based off of the Lollipop BioShock 3.10.40. I know this is the older version, but I will mass update ALL the kernels really soon. Basically everything (even the app) are enclosed into 1 ZIP file so all you have to do is flash the Kernel and you are ready to go. A couple of things I would like to get out there:

1. You should have a Fully charged ZL Battery. I wouldn't say before flashing this as you can re-calibrate the app, but I would recommend that you do so to avoid any confusion.

2. When you charge the battery with this mod, yes the percentage does charge fast and it will most likely show 100% BEFORE the battery reaches 100%. There is a issue with the current/mA flow readings IN the app and that will be fixed in the near future. Please understand that TRUE 100% is when the phone says "Fully Charged 100%, Unplug Charger" not when the Fuel gauge (next to the clock) says 100%.

3. Some people ask "Will the app Accurately calculate the battery to avoid shutting down at lets say 15% or still running 1% for days like normal"? And the answer to that is most likely Yes, and Possibly no. I say yes to the first part because you can put in the different drain values of each component in the Note 4 so that the app can detect the draining and calculate accordingly. Now, I will warn you that I have never used this mod to do a full complete drain. So I will say I wouldn't recommend letting the battery go all the way down to 15% (just as a safety net if you plan on going out, etc) in-case the battery does hit 3.4 volts which is the Note 4's 0% Shutdown target. And the 1% mod is almost unlikely.

4. Finally, I have received your messages and Emotion Kernel seems to be the popular Kernel at this time (I will be using it in the coming days also) so I will get to that next once I get the source code loaded. (KitKat users, you are not forgotten) I will also be posting the Kernel files so that Kernel devs can make different variants once I hear from you guys on how this mod is working. To me, I think its great. From the way it was before I can say its a Improvement from the drain calculation side. The charging side needs work, but hey, you hardly have to charge the dang thing anyways lol.

Now to the Installation

Of course, I would recommend that you do a backup of course and that you have a backup kernel with you. Basically, if you can use this kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...-2014-t2962744 It should work.

Once you have flashed the file below "BioShock_N910T_TW_LP_Extended_Battery_Mod_OFF ICIA L_BRAVO.zip", you should also wipe delvik and cache just to make sure everything goes smoothly. If the mod was successfully installed, your battery level should read "101%". It will read 101% every time you reboot just to keep things clean and then go back to the App's fuel gauge level 1 minute after boot.

If it shows 101%, go into your Apps and you should see a App called "Fuel Gauge Extended..." Open that app up and wait about 3-5 seconds for everything to populate (Done to keep battery usage down). Make sure to check Start on Boot if you want the service to start with the phone (which I think EVERYONE should do) and then tap start monitor. You might get a SuperSU permission screen which you want to grant permissions to. Once you see the Status saying "Running" go down to the debug area to the "Patch Status" string and it should report "ok/[success]]" and your real battery gauge should read whatever the Software Status says.

This app also doesn't have the on screen dedicated 3-dot menu buttons so you have to go old fashioned and how down the left menu soft-key for a second until a menu pops up at the bottom which shoes Start Full Charge, Set full battery, and configuration. This is where you can calibrate your battery so that once you fully charged your battery, you go into the app and select "Set full battery" to set the app and battery capacity to 100%. Please note that this will take anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute to update the battery meter globally. You don't want to press either one of these when you already have calibrated the battery before and you are at half a charge as you will lose your capacity remaining level and accuracy until you fully charge again.

Under configuration, you can make the app calibrate to 100% every time your phone displays "Fully charged, disconnect charger". You can also disable the notification under Notification Icon.

Hardware current is where you can change the different consumption values of each component. I wouldn't mess around here too much as you could create a imbalance within the app calculations.

And basically that's pretty much it. IF and SHOULD you have any problems, just reply here or shoot me a PM and I will help you to the best of my abilities.

Thank you guys for your patience and I hope you enjoy this beta mod.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TheLoneWolf20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheLoneWolf20 Ad-Free

10th June 2015, 07:12 AM |#2  
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 19

More
About the values that you input, this would lead to inconsistencies wouldn't it? Like how would we be able to know the exact values? Is it possible to use the values in the Fuel Gage chip?

e.g. It still says there is charge in the battery, but there is none, and the phone just switches off in the middle of use?
10th June 2015, 07:31 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden485

About the values that you input, this would lead to inconsistencies wouldn't it? Like how would we be able to know the exact values? Is it possible to use the values in the Fuel Gage chip?

e.g. It still says there is charge in the battery, but there is none, and the phone just switches off in the middle of use?

While this maybe true, you also have to take into consideration that the battery already does this without this mod when it stays at 1% for extended periods of time. Also, there is a file in the framework-res.apk that has all the power profiles of each component in its mAH values. But I am pretty sure with this mod, I wouldn't think you would drain the battery all the way to 2 or 5% expecting to go another day or to go to work with it. When you get down to 5%, the screen dims automatically so that alone would force people to charge the phone. But that is a good question. Now the ONLY Time the percent values would be off is when you use the phone in recovery mode for extended periods of time or when you charge the phone when the phone is off, you have to go into the app and reset to 100%. I am working on a code which makes the percent automatically go to 100% when voltages hit fully charged.
10th June 2015, 07:33 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
7 Hours off battery.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1433917984486.jpg
Views:	6174
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	3356235   Click image for larger version

Name:	1433917989617.jpg
Views:	6206
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	3356236  
10th June 2015, 07:35 AM |#5  
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Plug
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneWolf20

While this maybe true, you also have to take into consideration that the battery already does this without this mod when it stays at 1% for extended periods of time. Also, there is a file in the framework-res.apk that has all the power profiles of each component in its mAH values. But I am pretty sure with this mod, I wouldn't think you would drain the battery all the way to 2 or 5% expecting to go another day or to go to work with it. When you get down to 5%, the screen dims automatically so that alone would force people to charge the phone. But that is a good question.

So we don't have to find values? Is that how the Fuel Gage chip does it? How confident are you in how accurate this will be?
10th June 2015, 07:38 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden485

So we don't have to find values? Is that how the Fuel Gage chip does it? How confident are you in how accurate this will be?

The fuel chip uses voltage levels as well as values stored in the kernel to come up with a near accurate reading. What I can do is put the stock battery in and set the app to the stock capacity and see if the app capacity matches up with the Fuel gauge capacity. But I am pretty confident that it will be accurate. Again, even if we get to 5 or 3% battery before shut down, its MUCH better than getting to 1% and still have 55% battery left. And that can be fixed.
10th June 2015, 07:45 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
The app can tell the different brightness levels from 0 to 255, Rather bluetooth, wifi, gps is on or off, talking on phone, etc. and it auto adjusts accordingly.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1433918714231.jpg
Views:	3388
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	3356261  
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLoneWolf20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheLoneWolf20 Ad-Free
10th June 2015, 08:13 AM |#8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Now we are cooking with gasoline
10th June 2015, 08:44 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
It couldn't be any worse than not doing anything so.

10th June 2015, 11:00 PM |#10  
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 872

More
following this thread to see results, as my zerolemon is yet to arrive later this month so can't really test anything
11th June 2015, 03:43 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnahly

following this thread to see results, as my zerolemon is yet to arrive later this month so can't really test anything

Alright no problem. I didn't release anything yet until I make sure everything is super stable.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLoneWolf20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheLoneWolf20 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)