FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Have you been affected by the Jan 5 kill switch? Yes or no?

304 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By kat3k, Senior Member on 5th January 2017, 05:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Will be interesting to see whether blocking updates will have worked, and how far Samsung/carriers are willing to go, and whether or not that can be avoided. Although this is the day they forecast, it will obviously be ongoing. I am trying to hold on until the next Note or until I'm incentivized beyond what I can resist. After paying a lot, driving 200 miles and waiting in line (twice), configuring and reconfiguring the replacement, and buying cases and screen protectors, I'd like to hold on to the perfect phone until something better comes along.

5th January 2017, 05:51 PM |#2  
Flag Gardner, KS
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
No... My 2 carrier unlocked AT&T Note 7s are still up and running. No change so far; they're still receiving texts and phone calls, etc. FYI: I used the S Package Disabler/Solid Explorer Method.
5th January 2017, 09:42 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Working fine do far.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
6th January 2017, 12:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Verizon Note 7 same as the day I got it
6th January 2017, 05:36 AM |#5  
Flag Perrysburg
Thanks Meter: 14

More
My Verizon Note 7 is still running strong.
6th January 2017, 01:22 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 368

More
T-mobile, works fine with blocking & 100% battery stat. Hahaa, fingers crossed.
The Following User Says Thank You to PapaWangsta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PapaWangsta Ad-Free
6th January 2017, 06:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
No problems to report. So, I will report no problems.
6th January 2017, 07:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It still charges well
Used Debloater to block updates. My AT&T Note 7 still recharges.
6th January 2017, 08:05 PM |#9  
Flag TORONTO
Thanks Meter: 58

Donate to Me
More
Im sure everyone will be okay and i doubt US companies will let Samsung go ahead with the IMEI block.
You guys all are safe, enjoy your phones =)
Knock on wood lol
7th January 2017, 03:30 AM |#10  

More
Need help unbricking galaxy note 7
can anyone please help me unbrick my VZW Note 7. i was trying to root it before they sent the kill update and i totally screwed the pooch. it is completely dead now, like all the way. doesn't turn on or anything. i have been able to download the Qualcomm driver and can now see "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" in my device manager, but cant get anything else to work. tried QFIL but that gives me a "Sahara Fail" error. please let me know. i really don't understand how this can be so hard, isn't it just a miniaturized computer. i mean, i should be able to load whatever i want on it, right? any ideas will help. please. i even removed the back and unplugged the battery to use the QFIL, as stated on a tutorial i read, but that did nothing. i cant even tell if its charging when i plug it in.
7th January 2017, 06:13 AM |#11  

More
How is everyone able to keep their phones safe from the update? I've resorted to turning off my WiFi in order to prevent it from downloading, but I'm hoping you all have a better solution. Especially those who say they're able to charge their phones to 100%.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)