FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

DONT UPDATE Package Disabler Pro if you want to AVOID the OTA

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By ooMoo, Senior Member on 28th October 2016, 01:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Package Disabler Pro has been updated by the developer to re-enable OTA updates in the version update released today!!!!

(my app has not been updated as i have updates disabled (i have also backed up the APK) so if you need my APK let me know) (i found this out by reading the change log on today's updates) its sad the developer has tried to do this to us.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ooMoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ooMoo Ad-Free

28th October 2016, 01:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
By request of Samsung?
28th October 2016, 01:44 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Can you send me the apk please ? :-/
28th October 2016, 03:44 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
The dev will have their reasons. Be it in case somebody got hurt at a later date or being bought or blackmailed by Samsung etc. Goes to show though, we definitely aren't being considered owners of our own phones and they're not going to let us accept the liability ourselves by keeping them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karnax_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Karnax_ Ad-Free
28th October 2016, 04:45 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Anybody has the version 6.3 ? I just purchased the app before seeing all the warnings and there's no way to disable the firmware updates with versino 6.4
28th October 2016, 05:02 PM |#6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooMoo

Package Disabler Pro has been updated by the developer to re-enable OTA updates in the version update released today!!!!

(my app has not been updated as i have updates disabled (i have also backed up the APK) so if you need my APK let me know) (i found this out by reading the change log on today's updates) its sad the developer has tried to do this to us.

Hey man, would it be possible to get the previous app from you mine auto updated
28th October 2016, 05:07 PM |#7  
MidWest
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I would also like the origanal APK, can someone provide it to me?
28th October 2016, 05:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Isn't there a simple adb command to disable packages manually?
28th October 2016, 05:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I tried enabling USB debugging and using adb shell and pm (package manager) cmd from adb shell.

adb shell pm disable com.samsung.android.firmware.tsp
and
adb shell pm disable com.samsung.firmware.sensorhub

I unfortunately get a 'permission denial : attempt to change component state from..." which I guess means I have to root the phone. However I don't understand then how the 'package disabler' app does without any root permission ?!

Still no-one with version 6.3 who could share it before tomorrow's update ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Manumanu787 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Manumanu787 Ad-Free
28th October 2016, 06:00 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,187

More
Crap I updated. Can i get the previous app please.
28th October 2016, 06:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Please send this app my way as well. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)