DONT UPDATE Package Disabler Pro if you want to AVOID the OTA

Search This thread

toshik1

Jul 9, 2011
St.Augustine FL
What are the file names for Android 9? I've found com.sec.android.soagent and com.wssyncmldm
Which one is responsible for Android OS OTA updates? I guess the second one :)

Last edited:

prston007

Nov 6, 2015
What are the file names for Android 9? I've found com.sec.android.soagent and com.wssyncmldm
Which one is responsible for Android OS OTA updates? I guess the second one :)

Your question makes little sense.

File names for Android 9? And your phone is a Note 7? If so, did you install a custom rom based on Android 9? (Some Lineage OS unofficial developers were working on that.) If so, why would you fear the N7 Poison Pill Update when using a custom rom?

If you are using the stock firmware on the N7, why are worried about the Poison Pill Update? The last Poison Update was released in Jan 2017 -- nearly 3 years ago! That Poison Update has been retired. It is unlikely that a 'free range' N7 would get hit with it now (at least not as an OTA from a US Carrier).

If you are using a N7 with stock firmware (aka rom) and worried about the Poison, it is easy to avoid it. I am still using the stock v6.0.1 on my Note 7 since Sept 2016. I dodged all Poison Updates by using a Debloater Tool found on XDA. That tool runs from a PC while the N7 is connected. It allows the user to disable virtually any package. I frooze all packages that would allow the Update to kill my N7. Plus I disabled all Bloatware from Sam & ATT, especially all instances of KNOX. I never had to worry about the Poison thereafter ... nor do a thing more.

The tool is very easy to use ... IF you know what packages to disable. Somewhere on my PC is a list of all the N7 packages I disabled. If you disable the wrong packages, you can soft brick your N7. And I suppose that is what your question wanted to know.

The biggest concerns about the N7 at this date is the battery wearing out from use and the Android 6 becoming too outdated. Those issues are resolved by replacing the battery and flashing a suitable ROM ... but both actions are not for the amateur hacker to perform.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Package Disabler Pro has been updated by the developer to re-enable OTA updates in the version update released today!!!!

(my app has not been updated as i have updates disabled (i have also backed up the APK) so if you need my APK let me know) (i found this out by reading the change log on today's updates) :( its sad the developer has tried to do this to us.
    Yes uninstall 6.4 first!

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I just loaded the 6.3 version APK to my public OneDrive account
    Click here guys:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsOG_vH3x0TjjwSHw5M9FflyJ-Fx
    I'm not a Note7 owner but Looking at these posts, I'am concered that so many people, especially XDA users do not want to return their phones. There's a reason Samsung recalled the phone and is pushing these limitations on you. It's for your own safety and the people around. You can barely bring it anywhere anymore, and if it actually does explode in your face, or injures an old lady on the bus, what are you going to do? Please guys, please return your Note7 phones. It's not worth it anymore.

I stopped reading after "im not a note 7 owner".

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not good at tech stuff... I tried to download the 6.3 from the public drive that one guy had put up on this thread...but after downloading it to my phone,
    I couldn't get the apk to work (even after ticking the box for downloading apps from unknown 3rd parties). Then I read that some links might contain viruses.

You are likely talking about my link. It does NOT contain a virus. It is a direct link to the APK file. And for anybody else reading this, I'm not sure why some people are still asking where to find it. I posted it in 2 of the threads in this forum, this thread included.

My "thanks" meter is going up because people are using my link and successfully installing it. So don't be afraid that there is a virus.

Ensure you have removed version 6.4 or any other later version you may have installed. Otherwise 6.3 won't install.
    What has been posted several times already. I personally have disabled
    com.policydm
    com.sec.android.soagent
    com.samsung.android.omcagent
    com.wssyncmldm

and most importantly

com.samsung.firmware.sensorhub
    com.samsung.android.firmware.tsp

I cannot guarantee anything obv but this seems to do the trick for most people