Photo quality

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

radioraheem2

Oct 15, 2015
i've been testing the Note 7 camera side by side with the OnePlus 3 and Xiaomi MI 5 and Huawei P9 cameras, and while the Note 7 is slightly better, it's just very, very slightly, and it's mostly in low light setting. i don't see much difference in day time shots. i think in 2016, all smartphone cameras are pretty damn legit. so all these tech reviewers saying the Note 7 has "hands down the best camera by far", i don't agree with them. (it's worth keeping in mind all those other phones i mentioned cost literally HALF AS MUCH as the note 7)

Reactions: sobelixtus

jasenko

Jan 10, 2013
I think I can safely retire my Sony NEX-6 now for majority of uses. The photos coming out of this camera are amazing.

meboy

Jul 2, 2009
Amazing even compared to my Fuji X T1

$

$
Please fix this.

meboy

Jul 2, 2009
S6 and S7 had white balance/colour temperature issues indoors.
Also overexposure.
S7 was noticeably soft in any conditions.

Does the Note 7 fix any of those?
Waiting to see way more side by side reviews.

Last edited:

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I had no problem with indoor white balance under LED, but since you can have so many different variants in lightning I don't think there is a camera that would do it right all the time in auto mode, but you can switch to manual WB if you want.
overexposure, sure if you really work hard on it, like shoot from inside tunel against sun, but you can use spot meter in tricky light condition to keep what you need properly exposed, but auto works fine most of the time for me.
soft in any condition: are you talking about selfie cam? Because yes, that has fixed focus and will be soft, but rear cam doesn't seem soft when properly focused and again you have control where it should be focus on.
Have you actually used any of those cams, or just read about it somewhere, because I haven't so couldn't compare.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

i've been testing the Note 7 camera side by side with the OnePlus 3 and Xiaomi MI 5 and Huawei P9 cameras, and while the Note 7 is slightly better, it's just very, very slightly, and it's mostly in low light setting. i don't see much difference in day time shots. i think in 2016, all smartphone cameras are pretty damn legit. so all these tech reviewers saying the Note 7 has "hands down the best camera by far", i don't agree with them. (it's worth keeping in mind all those other phones i mentioned cost literally HALF AS MUCH as the note 7)
Can OnePlus3, MI5 or P9 do underwater photography? Because I'm planning to, this weekend with N7.
Do any of those have something similar to s-pen? Because I use it everyday can't live without it and it would be nice to have other options.
Can I see the screen on other phones with sun shining directly on it? Because so far Note7 is the only screen I've seen that I have no problem seeing in full sun. But I haven't try any of the ones you mentioned.
And very very slightly better, so it is actually better?
Maybe there are reasons why N7 is more expensive, otherwise nobody would buy it? And with the discounts, free giveaways etc. maybe N7 is not as expensive as it first seem.

Reactions: max621

radioraheem2

Oct 15, 2015
I had no problem with indoor white balance under LED, but since you can have so many different variants in lightning I don't think there is a camera that would do it right all the time in auto mode, but you can switch to manual WB if you want.
overexposure, sure if you really work hard on it, like shoot from inside tunel against sun, but you can use spot meter in tricky light condition to keep what you need properly exposed, but auto works fine most of the time for me.
soft in any condition: are you talking about selfie cam? Because yes, that has fixed focus and will be soft, but rear cam doesn't seem soft when properly focused and again you have control where it should be focus on.
Have you actually used any of those cams, or just read about it somewhere, because I haven't so couldn't compare.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Can OnePlus3, MI5 or P9 do underwater photography? Because I'm planning to, this weekend with N7.
Do any of those have something similar to s-pen? Because I use it everyday can't live without it and it would be nice to have other options.
Can I see the screen on other phones with sun shining directly on it? Because so far Note7 is the only screen I've seen that I have no problem seeing in full sun. But I haven't try any of the ones you mentioned.
Maybe there are reasons why N7 is more expensive, otherwise nobody would buy it? And with the discounts, free giveaways etc. maybe N7 is not as expensive as it first seem.
The camera is slightly better. Here are photos to prove it (http://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/...better-photos-than-far-cheaper-chinese-phones)

Of all the other bonus note features you mentioned, waterproofing is the only real universal useful feature that everyone would want. Hundreds of millions of people use a phone without a stylus and they couldn't care less. Plenty of people use the one plus 3 outdoors and sees the screen fine.

Using note 7's sales numberse to show the phone's supposed superiority is also a flawed argument, since a lot of that is branding and name recognition. It's like saying nike shoes are for sure the best because they sell the most.

I'm not really bashing the note 7 here, I have the phone and I like it a lot, I'm merely saying it's probably not worth more than double the price of the one plus 3, that's all I'm saying. 450 dollars more is not a small deal. 450 bucks can buy a lot, a lot of things.

Reactions: max621

fastredponycar

Jun 8, 2010
Birmingham, AL
It's tough to use the note front cam after using the 6P. The front cam on the 6P is an absolute monster, typically producing photos nearly as good as the REAR camera on my wife's iphone 6.

Vs the note 7 and S7e, the selfie cam pics are noticeably much less sharp and focused. A quick google search for blurry selfie pics for the Galaxy 7 devices yields countless forums of people complaining about this.

No idea if it's the software or the actual hardware that is the problem but it's absolutely there.

YILMAZ88

Sep 4, 2016
I am totally satisfied with the camera. (considering s4 and zenfone 2 were my previous devices.) I guess note 7 will be enough to handle daily shots for even business purposes. Any questions?

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
So, what's the difference between Bokeh (on the new iphone 7...after a software update) and what our phones do now....where the background is blurry?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The camera is slightly better. Here are photos to prove it (http://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/...better-photos-than-far-cheaper-chinese-phones)

Of all the other bonus note features you mentioned, waterproofing is the only real universal useful feature that everyone would want. Hundreds of millions of people use a phone without a stylus and they couldn't care less. Plenty of people use the one plus 3 outdoors and sees the screen fine.

Using note 7's sales numberse to show the phone's supposed superiority is also a flawed argument, since a lot of that is branding and name recognition. It's like saying nike shoes are for sure the best because they sell the most.

I'm not really bashing the note 7 here, I have the phone and I like it a lot, I'm merely saying it's probably not worth more than double the price of the one plus 3, that's all I'm saying. 450 dollars more is not a small deal. 450 bucks can buy a lot, a lot of things.
    I confirm that the camera is perfect. I have Exynos version

saturation and colors are great but oversharped a bit on my opinion