FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] AT&T Note Edge Root, Kingroot + SafeStrap?

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Slimicus, Junior Member on 12th July 2015, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
for a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (AT&T SM-N915A) Has anyone used ODIN to flash 4.4.4 from Lollipop (which I read doesn't trip knox) and then used Kingroot to get temporary root and then install Safestrap? I didn't really find any custom roms, but when booting from Safestrap, wouldn't root still be available even if you installed the stock Lollipop rom as the SS rom? Or would it be too difficult to remove the recovery if that's present in the stock LP rom so it doesn't mess with SS if you boot from it?
12th July 2015, 07:49 PM |#2  
Flag Phila
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimicus

for a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (AT&T SM-N915A) Has anyone used ODIN to flash 4.4.4 from Lollipop (which I read doesn't trip knox) and then used Kingroot to get temporary root and then install Safestrap? I didn't really find any custom roms, but when booting from Safestrap, wouldn't root still be available even if you installed the stock Lollipop rom as the SS rom? Or would it be too difficult to remove the recovery if that's present in the stock LP rom so it doesn't mess with SS if you boot from it?

I did use ODIN to go back to KitKat and then used Kingoroot, but the safestrap part your talking about I have no clue. Was unaware of any safestrap for the Notre 4 or Edge.

Back on Lollipop unrooted though. Found the temp root annoying and with FF browser and AdBlock plugin I'm getting by
25th July 2015, 06:56 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
help
Quote:
Originally Posted by rquinn19

I did use ODIN to go back to KitKat and then used Kingoroot, but the safestrap part your talking about I have no clue. Was unaware of any safestrap for the Notre 4 or Edge.

Back on Lollipop unrooted though. Found the temp root annoying and with FF browser and AdBlock plugin I'm getting by

Can you plz send me a link for the kitkat firmware?
25th July 2015, 10:26 PM |#4  
Flag Phila
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shylude

Can you plz send me a link for the kitkat firmware?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...files-t3108344
The Following User Says Thank You to rquinn19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rquinn19 Ad-Free
15th September 2015, 02:57 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
What's up guys? I need some help rooting my N-915A, can you guys show me the path. I'm running lolllipop 5.0.1
19th September 2015, 06:00 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Is there ever going to be a root for this phone? Its almost a year and nothing is out yet? I have never had to wait this long for any android phone before. so frustrating
12th October 2015, 04:40 AM |#7  
Flag The D
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Anything yet
13th October 2015, 11:02 PM |#8  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 141

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxswagga1xx

What's up guys? I need some help rooting my N-915A, can you guys show me the path. I'm running lolllipop 5.0.1

Sorry, no permanent root yet... But the 5.1.1 upgrade is available, just remember to clear the cache before attempting to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwasel

Is there ever going to be a root for this phone? Its almost a year and nothing is out yet? I have never had to wait this long for any android phone before. so frustrating

Probably not, but that is my opinion and not based on fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandog12

Anything yet

Sorry, no permanent root yet...
20th March 2016, 01:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So it is possible now to get temporary root access using kingroot on 5.1.1 but I am hoping someone get this information to chainfire so that chainfire can use it to come up with a permanent root using odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lethal Ludacy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lethal Ludacy Ad-Free
21st March 2016, 09:18 PM |#10  

More
How could i upgrade to 5.1.1 im using 915a in pakistan? Can any on help me ?
26th March 2016, 03:37 PM |#11  

More
hey guys,
I am from Vietnam and i just 've bought the SM-N910A (said that from ATT) in Vietnam. I used RootChecker and Phone INFO to get to check my phone.
The result is my phone was ROOTED!!!. I restarted some times but the ROOT is still accessed.
I tried to use Root Explorer to copy/paste from/into system folder, it's ok like other rooted devices.

I'm following xda-note edge and see everyone's saying that NO way to permanent root ATT note egde.

I also dont know what method the seller used to root my edge, but i think it's permanently rooted.
I've NOT try to unlock bootloader neither install recovery. There seem to be no official method for ATT edge. I am afraid bricking my device.
I upload some screen to show you my note. Thanks and need your advice, guys

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)