FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] AT&T Note Edge Root, Kingroot + SafeStrap?

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Slimicus, Junior Member on 12th July 2015, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th October 2016, 02:41 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanfe1a

I have 5.1.1. After rooting the phone repeatly bacause after 30 seconds of being rooted the phone rebooted. I went into download mode (home + dwVol) the status showed that was official and that it was locked. I don't know if this information is relevant but sharing is important.

So, you stayed with permanent Root, or you have to root again after rebooting. Because in my case I did see the custom lock on the boot screen but after rebooting I lost my root access.

SAMSUNG SM-N910A With Tapatalk

12th October 2016, 02:45 PM |#22  
Flag Barranquilla
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremy1987

So, you stayed with permanent Root, or you have to root again after rebooting. Because in my case I did see the custom lock on the boot screen but after rebooting I lost my root access.

Nope I did not get permanent root. I think this is not much but maybe this could be a weak point that someone could use to create a method to unlock the phone
The Following User Says Thank You to juanfe1a For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift juanfe1a Ad-Free
12th October 2016, 02:53 PM |#23  

More
Well let's hope for that. In my case I'm already MM so 5.1.1 root won't suits for me. But thanks for sharing the info.

12th October 2016, 05:59 PM |#24  
Flag Barranquilla

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremy1987

Well let's hope for that. In my case I'm already MM so 5.1.1 root won't suits for me. But thanks for sharing the info.

How did you get to MM?
12th October 2016, 08:04 PM |#25  
Quote:

How did you get to MM?

You can go to BestBuy and have your phone updated to MM at the Samsung Experience... but it would be nice if we could get the 4files so we can be able to try to root without the worry of bricking the phone and if we did we could bring it back to life with Odin
12th October 2016, 08:08 PM |#26  
Flag Barranquilla

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxb00stnxx

You can go to BestBuy and have your phone updated to MM at the Samsung Experience... but it would be nice if we could get the 4files so we can be able to try to root without the worry of bricking the phone and if we did we could bring it back to life with Odin

Where I live there's no best buy, third world problems.
13th October 2016, 05:10 AM |#27  

More
Quote:

How did you get to MM?

Well, i just follow a post that explained how to do it with OTA ( over the air) updates which I had to place in my SD card and fash via stock recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...ation-t3407308

This is the link. Its for note 4 not for the edge. I'll look for the edge version and will post here if I find one as good as this one.

The Following User Says Thank You to gremy1987 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gremy1987 Ad-Free
27th October 2016, 10:03 AM |#28  
Flag Nazareth, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,267

Donate to Me
More
Hey all! Good news! A 9-year-old bug called the "Dirty Cow" exploit still exists in the Linux/Android kernel can easily grant root on any Android phone!!! See the video below.

http://www.xda-developers.com/9-year...on-of-android/

So there's another bug to exploit for root. The bug has been fixed recently in Linux but hasn't been rolled into Android yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)