Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone working on Root for AT&T?

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By Budge, Senior Member on 22nd April 2015, 02:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Don't give up on us...we need you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Budge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Budge Ad-Free

24th April 2015, 06:04 PM |#2  
Flag The Colony, TX
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I second that! I was hoping since we finally got an update that someone would dig in and find a rooting method. Wish I knew more about finding vulnerabilities or i would be looking on my own.
25th April 2015, 03:34 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I'm axiously awaiting root as well honestly thinking of trading for a more root optioned phone .. I'm going through with drawl
30th April 2015, 04:37 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Sir
Can I flash AT&T Note Edge with another ROM?
30th April 2015, 11:48 AM |#5  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannth

Sir

There are a thousand posts about this....read...read..search...search

30th April 2015, 01:43 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere in Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannth

Sir

To answer your question, no you can't. Even if you could, the real problem is that we don't have a way YET to root the AT&T Note Edge. We need to be able to root the device before you can add a different ROM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Budge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Budge Ad-Free
30th April 2015, 02:58 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budge

To answer your question, no you can't. Even if you could, the real problem is that we don't have a way YET to root the AT&T Note Edge. We need to be able to root the device before you can add a different ROM.

Got it. Thanks a lot for your answer
30th April 2015, 10:08 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 576

More
Folks, there is a waiting room thread for this type of conversation in the General forum. This section should only be for after we get root and people can start developing.
30th April 2015, 10:23 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere in Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan

Folks, there is a waiting room thread for this type of conversation in the General forum. This section should only be for after we get root and people can start developing.

Thank you, raynan. I started this thread here to TRY to get some attention on this issue. Is breaking the AT&T lockout THAT difficult? It seems the devs would rather work on other carrier versions of the Edge on AT&T's network.
30th April 2015, 10:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 576

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budge

Thank you, raynan. I started this thread here to TRY to get some attention on this issue. Is breaking the AT&T lockout THAT difficult? It seems the devs would rather work on other carrier versions of the Edge on AT&T's network.

The devs are currently working on both the Verizon and AT&T models for root as we speak. Since the S4 was released, Samsung has REALLY cracked down on this type of security for carriers. I don't think the S4 even has an unlocked bootloader and the S5 definitely doesn't. I had to wait for most of my contract until the S5 finally got root and I got it a few months after release. As soon as I have root, I plan on working on a debloated version of the stock ROM for our device like I did with the S5.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raynan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raynan Ad-Free
8th May 2015, 10:17 PM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 23

More
By the time root is out for ATT the new Edge and Note will be out. I ended up trading my att edge for an unlocked tmobile one on craigslist. Works perfect.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)