FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][7.1.2] AOKP Nougat with built in sidebar launcher! [tbltexx]

1,279 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,641

Post Reply Email Thread

To God be the glory, my AOKP NOUGAT project finally works!

This is not a dirty unicorn. This is the original unicorn, the AOKP. Now made out of Nougat! That's right, all of the AOKP stuff you love, plus LineageOS, plus a built in side bar, and more! All wrapped up into one! With tons of settings from status bar tweaks to button remaps, it's all here and ready to rumble!

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****

You must be on a 6.0.1 Bootloader with a 6.0.1 modem! I suggest if you are unsure, flash stock 6.0.1, then install this ROM!

Downloads :

THE AKLU KERNEL CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE (OPTIONAL - BUT DOES FIX WIFI HOT SPOT ISSUE) :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/not...ernel-t3558419

NEW ROM DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9zzsqg...05-01_1223.zip

OLD Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/s29ujxni2lc0smd

Gapps link:
http://opengapps.org/
-Which I personally tested Arm 7.0 Nano.

Data Fix (For T-Mobile phones):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/not...oader-t3546110
However, the T-Mobile variant already has it's very own version of this rom in the T-Mobile thread! I did test this however, and it works.

Be sure to follow these installation steps very carefully, as they may be different then what you are used to.

Installation instructions:

-Put your phone on the 6.0.1 Bootloader and Modem
-Download ROM and gapps, and put them on your phone or external storage.
-Reboot into recovery mode - TWRP (I personally installed this using Mickey's 3.0.0-0).
-Backup what you had. (Just to be safe.)
-Wipe. (I personally wipe everything prior to flashing new roms, but at least do the basic wipe.)
-Install Rom.
-Install Gapps. - Optional
- If using the kernel, let the rom boot, then come back to recovery and flash the AKLU kernel.
- If using another variant, let the rom boot, then come back to recovery and flash a data zip.
-Reboot to system and enjoy!

I do not recommend installing superSU on this ROM! SU permission is already built in, and superSU has been causing problems with the rom. Please read the thread for further details.

What works :
Code:
+ Phone calls/receiving
+ Data 2g/3g/LTE
+ Bluetooth
+ WiFi
+ MTP
+ GPS/Glonass
+ S PEN
+ The WiFi hotspot does work with the AKLU kernel.
etc....
What doesn't :
Code:
- The edge panel is not implemented at this time. The screen wraps around the edge.
  But there is an app bar feature under ROM CONTROLS!
- The capacitive buttons work, but do not illuminate.
- The WiFi hotspot does not work with the stock kernel, but does with the AKLU kernel.
- Fingerprint sensor is really flaky. I got it to work once with fingerprint scanner tools to turn on the flashlight, but only once. Most times it will not register.
- I have not found any big errors, fault crashes, or problems yet. Please let me know if you find an issue!
This AOKP N ROM was built for the tbltexx, the International Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. I have not tried this on any other device, but you are welcome to try it AT YOUR OWN RISK. You may need to edit the META-INF updater script to accomplish this. Note, this can flash directly to the T-Mobile variant, but the T-Mobile variant has it's own thread with this rom: https://forum.xda-developers.com/not...t-bar-t3558263

Code:
Disclaimer: AOKP is not responsible for any damages to your device.
All of my work is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make AOKP, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.
AOKP XDA Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/aokp
Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP
Official website: http://aokp.co/
Device trees: https://github.com/alaskalinuxuser/

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.40
Based On: LineageOS and PA, and AOSP.

Created 2017-02-16
Last Updated 2017-05-02

Change log:
Code:
+ Edited camera settings to help with third party apps that use the camera.

+ Fixed recent button.

+ Synced with AOKP source!
--> Security update to April 5th, 2017
--> New battery icon options.
--> New powermenu torch option.
--> Long press hotspot tile to go to hotspot settings.
+ Added kexec hardboot to both default and AKLU kernels to allow this to work with multirom.
+ Borrowed from mickey to fix the notification led lights for proper color display.

--> Security update to March 5th, 2017
--> Numerous AOKP fixes for the ROM itself. See the change-log under Rom control.
+ Added in possible VOIP fix for voip app problems.

--> Merged with Android 7.1.1_r21
--> Added PIE controls
--> Security patches updated to Feb 5, 2017
--> Now FULLY supports OMS/SUBSTRATUM
+ Screenshot issue fixed
+ SDcard read from File Manager fixed[/QUOTE]

20170216: 
-First build release.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free

17th February 2017, 05:07 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairbanks

Donate to Me
More
Thanks!
A huge thanks to the Android Open Kang Project team!

@OldDroid
@Mickey387
@deadman96385

And all of these great testers (some for other devices, not all helped me test this rom, but helped me test the Note Edge in general, as well as provided valuable feedback!) :
@Aaren11
@xNNism
@beany23
@swecon
@1freedude
@lostinlife33
@faizan'
@gavin10
@brainwasher01
@hosny1964
@xcube1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free
17th February 2017, 05:08 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairbanks

Donate to Me
More
Features and Screenshots!
Features and Screenshots!

- Advanced Reboot
- Omni-Switcher
- Kernel Adiutor

+ Rom Control:

+ App Launchers
- App Circle Bar
- App Side Bar
- Gesture Anywhere

+ General
- cLock settings
- Screenshot settings
- Recents settings
- Wakelock Blocker

+ Hardware Keys
- Backlight control
- Power button options
- Launch vibration control
- Home button controls
- Recents button controls
- Long press options, double tap options
- Kill app back button option
- Volume buttons wake
- Volume button playback controls
- Keyboard cursor controls
- Volume button reorientation
- IME features

+ Lockscreen
- Media Cover art
- Display music visualizer
- Show weather
- Blur background
- Fingerprint auth vibration
- Double tap to sleep (DT2S)
- Disable quick settings
- Show lockscreen clock and date
- Lockscreen notification count

+ Notification Drawer
- Brightness slider
- Brightness icon
- Rows in portrait and landscape modes
- Columns
- Tile Animations
- Advanced data tile
- Smart pulldown
- Quick pulldown

+ Pie Controls
- Pie Style
- Pie targets
- Pie color settings

+ Power Menu
- Animation choices
- Screenshots
- Screenrecord
- Airplane mode
- Sound Panel

+ Sound
- Various sound settings
- Volumn step control

+ Status Bar tweaks
- Network traffic
- Clock style
- Double tap to sleep (DT2S)
- Superuser indicator
- Icon controls
- AOKP logo

+ User interface
- Toast controls
- AOKP animations
- Transparency controls

- Changelog
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	4926
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	4044777   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	4656
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	4044779   Click image for larger version

Name:	d.png
Views:	4676
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	4044780   Click image for larger version

Name:	e.jpg
Views:	4738
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	4044781   Click image for larger version

Name:	g.jpg
Views:	4960
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	4044782   Click image for larger version

Name:	f.jpg
Views:	4834
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	4044783  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free
17th February 2017, 05:09 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairbanks

Donate to Me
More
Notes.
A place for rom notes....

Background image:
https://qlfiles.net/2017/01/07/upload-fractal-images/
The background images that I used in this ROM came from the Quiet Learner. You should check out his mathematical artwork, including 3D mandelbox images!

If the screen looks red-ish, check the settings->display->live display options, you may want to turn them off, it is a low light sensitive display option.

Data Zips: T-Mobile users with device model = unknown:

If you are using a N915T (like myself), the fix is very easy!
-Open /system/build.prop in any text editor
-Anywhere in the file, add this line:
Code:
ro.build.model=SM-N915T
Save and exit, then reboot your phone. You can check "about phone" under settings, you should see yourself as SM-N915T, and apps like XDA should report you as Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.

Apps:

Swiftkey Keyboard - This keyboard can be set so the keyboard does not wrap around the screen.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...htype.swiftkey

Spen Command - This app cost a few dollars, but enables the Spen to be somewhat smart again, rather than just a pointer stick.
http://www.emandt.net/Android/SPenCommand/Website/

If you find something else that will help other users, please let me know by posting in the thread!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free
17th February 2017, 09:26 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairbanks

Donate to Me
More
Hey everyone!
The AKLU kernel is online for the AOKP 7.1.1 Nougat rom! It fixes the WiFi hot spot issue!

- Fix WiFi hot spot error for Nougat.
- Overclocked the GPU from 600MHz to 633MHz
- Overclocked the CPU from 2649MHz to 2688MHz
- Added governors: Bioshock, Lionheart, Nightmare, Darkness
- Removed input boost, use cpu boost instead
- Added I/O schedulers: FIOPS, ZEN
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free
18th February 2017, 03:33 AM |#6  
Flag Inverness
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLinuxUser

Hey everyone!
The AKLU kernel is online for the AOKP 7.1.1 Nougat rom! It fixes the WiFi hot spot issue!

- Fix WiFi hot spot error for Nougat.
- Overclocked the GPU from 600MHz to 633MHz
- Overclocked the CPU from 2649MHz to 2688MHz
- Added governors: Bioshock, Lionheart, Nightmare, Darkness
- Removed input boost, use cpu boost instead
- Added I/O schedulers: FIOPS, ZEN

When u say built in sidebar what do u mean? And I would love to try it but I really want an overclocked kernel something like
2.9ghz or so with GPU overclocked to around 750-800. The reason being is that when I use the emotion kernel I get insane GPU scores, around 26,000 compared to the 19,000 range with the aokp kernel. If u could do that I would s**t my pants lol. I would do it but I can't seem to figure out how to build the kernel and since u upgraded to the new 6.0 bootloader does your kernel building guide got updates on that so I can at least give it a shot again?
The Following User Says Thank You to beany23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beany23 Ad-Free
18th February 2017, 02:13 PM |#7  
Flag Trieste
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Hi... this ROM is also compatible with the model Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular (SM-N915P, SM-N915V, SM-N915R4)?! Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to pickandrew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pickandrew Ad-Free
18th February 2017, 03:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
come from rr 5.8
Hi i tested this rom now for a few hours and it runs very smooth. For the moment i did not find any issues.
Thanks for this nougat rom
The Following User Says Thank You to xcube1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xcube1 Ad-Free
18th February 2017, 04:02 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairbanks

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany23

When u say built in sidebar what do u mean? And I would love to try it but I really want an overclocked kernel something like
2.9ghz or so with GPU overclocked to around 750-800. The reason being is that when I use the emotion kernel I get insane GPU scores, around 26,000 compared to the 19,000 range with the aokp kernel. If u could do that I would s**t my pants lol. I would do it but I can't seem to figure out how to build the kernel and since u upgraded to the new 6.0 bootloader does your kernel building guide got updates on that so I can at least give it a shot again?

By side bar app, I do not mean the "edge" panel, but with the popularity of edge style phones, the AOKP has implemented a type of panel that when you tap the curved edge of the screen, a pop out drawer of your selected apps shows on the edge area.

Yes well, my kernel is a bit more on the conservative side. But, as always, I do encourage everyone to start building, it's really fun and rewarding.

As for the build instructions, they are the same, just with the new material, so I will not be updating them at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickandrew

Hi... this ROM is also compatible with the model Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular (SM-N915P, SM-N915V, SM-N915R4)?! Thanks!

Good question. In a word, no. However, another user in the data zip thread (referenced in op) successfully used the data zip to flash an international ROM to his us cellular phone. You can read more about it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcube1

Hi i tested this rom now for a few hours and it runs very smooth. For the moment i did not find any issues.

And thank you for the kind words. I build these for fun, but it is nice to know that they are appreciated!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free
18th February 2017, 04:04 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fairbanks

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany23

By side bar app, I do not mean the "edge" panel, but with the popularity of edge style phones, the AOKP has implemented a type of panel that when you tap the curved edge of the screen, a pop out drawer of your selected apps shows on the edge area.

Yes well, my kernel is a bit more on the conservative side. But, as always, I do encourage everyone to start building, it's really fun and rewarding.

As for the build instructions, they are the same, just with the new material, so I will not be updating them at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickandrew

Good question. In a word, no. However, another user in the data zip thread (referenced in op) successfully used the data zip to flash an international ROM to his us cellular phone. You can read more about it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcube1

And thank you for the kind words. I build these for fun, but it is nice to know that they are appreciated!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlaskaLinuxUser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlaskaLinuxUser Ad-Free
19th February 2017, 04:53 PM |#11  
Flag Rheinland
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I installed the ROM yesterday. I came from the European/German Version MM 6.0 N915FYXXU1DPE1_DBT. I followed the instructions on the first post and had no problems. I installed the AKLU-Kernel, too.

There's no edge and the fingerprint works bad. Finally I'm only working with a PIN. But the ROM is fast, stable, slim and it runs very smooth. I hope, that the development of this ROM goes on.

Next I try the implemented edge-feature and the hint for SPen-using by a third-party app. And perhaps I'll format the sd-card as internal storage. But for that I need a better card.

Thank you very much for this great work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knickelei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Knickelei Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
7.1.1, aokp, nougat, tbltexx

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)