FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SM-N915S/K Root

7,965 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,931
 
By UpInTheAir, Account currently disabled on 10th November 2014, 02:10 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Root confirmed working for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Exynos Korea SM-N915 "S" via the legend Chainfire CF-Auto-Root

FOR THE MOST CURRENT ROOT METHOD, PLEASE REFER TO THIS THREAD >> [INFO] [CF-Auto-Root] Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915


WARNING : KNOX COUNTER WILL BE TRIPPED AND WARRANTY VOID - THERE IS NO CURRENTLY KNOWN METHOD TO RESET THE COUNTER OR ROOT WITHOUT TRIPPING KNOX !!

I used : SM-N910"K" (Korea, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-treltektt-treltektt-smn910k.zip . Another user in this thread had reported that using the SM-N910 "S" Cf-Autoroot failed to boot, so I instead tried the "K" and success. All THANKS & credit to @Chainfire, if you require the stock recovery for SM-N915S, I'd gladly send it to you if you require it to make a formal Cf-Autoroot for our device.

Root has also been confirmed using the same method and file for SM-N915"K" here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=34

Method:

1. Advised: Have a full stock firmware package available (just in case) [sammobile.com or samsung-updates.com]
2. Have Samsung USB drivers installed on Windows PC (Easiest way is DL KIES from Samsung)
3. Flash via Odin [I used Odin3 v3.07 - attachment] as per Chainfire's instructions !
** If unsure how to use Odin, there are many guides found by searching !
4. Wait around 30 secs after flash (stuck on boot screen), and hopefully device will boot.
5. Open SuperSU app and update SU if prompted
Note: You will have installed stock Android system recovery for SM-N910K. This should not affect the operation of the ROM.





Attached Files
File Type: zip Odin307.zip - [Click for QR Code] (442.9 KB, 882 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UpInTheAir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UpInTheAir Ad-Free
10th November 2014, 04:35 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 194
 
More
Root by using the note 4 method. This has been confirmed.
10th November 2014, 04:49 AM |#3  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 15,931
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6

Root by using the note 4 method. This has been confirmed.

So Cf-Autoroot from Note 4 works for SM-N915 "S". If so which exact one ?

If confirmed for "S" model, would be one less thing for me to look at. ..... I can proceed with a kernel
10th November 2014, 04:55 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 194
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir

So Cf-Autoroot from Note 4 works for SM-N915 "S". If so which exact one ?

If confirmed for "S" model, would be one less thing for me to look at. ..... I can proceed with a kernel

I am not sure if it was for the S model.
I remember the Japan model was first to be rooted and there is a youtube video on it.
But unsure about the "S" model.

Didnt see the S in the frost post.
10th November 2014, 06:00 AM |#5  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 15,931
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6

I am not sure if it was for the S model.
I remember the Japan model was first to be rooted and there is a youtube video on it.
But unsure about the "S" model.

Didnt see the S in the frost post.

If someone doesn't confirm for "S" model, I'll just have to create a root method myself
10th November 2014, 07:36 PM |#6  
invisiblesense's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir

If someone doesn't confirm for "S" model, I'll just have to create a root method myself

So glad to hear that there will be someone else on here with SM-N915S model.
Silly question, but what would be the benefit of rooting this model of Edge right now? I ask coz there's no custom rom available atm.
10th November 2014, 08:55 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 194
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblesense

So glad to hear that there will be someone else on here with SM-N915S model.
Silly question, but what would be the benefit of rooting this model of Edge right now? I ask coz there's no custom rom available atm.

Main use is for root apps and deleting system apps.
You can then manual theme things.
After my samsung s2 i just stuck with stock rooted roms. Removed things i didnt want.
10th November 2014, 09:17 PM |#8  
invisiblesense's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6

Main use is for root apps and deleting system apps.
You can then manual theme things.
After my samsung s2 i just stuck with stock rooted roms. Removed things i didnt want.

That's what I need, there's a lot of Korean apps on my phone. I have disabled some but they still show up here an there. Another very annoying thing is the dailer, it has Korean text on it which I want to remove as I only want English.

I'd be happy if I could remove some of those apps, and add the yahoo and twitter panels.
Do you think I'd able to flash an international version rom my Edge at some point?

Thanks.
10th November 2014, 09:22 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 194
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblesense

That's what I need, there's a lot of Korean apps on my phone. I have disabled some but they still show up here an there. Another very annoying thing is the dailer, it has Korean text on it which I want to remove as I only want English.

I'd be happy if I could remove some of those apps, and add the yahoo and twitter panels.
Do you think I'd able to flash an international version rom my Edge at some point?

Thanks.

I am unsure on that. The processor is different I believe and that would be a main thing.
But with root you would be able to change most of the apps and you might be able to set up the build.prop to a USA one that should let you add yahoo and get to the USA panel store.
10th November 2014, 11:06 PM |#10  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 15,931
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblesense

So glad to hear that there will be someone else on here with SM-N915S model.
Silly question, but what would be the benefit of rooting this model of Edge right now? I ask coz there's no custom rom available atm.

Apart from removing a few "useless" apps, able to use various root type apps (properly) such as Greenify, Titanium, Synapse etc.

But the main reason is to control a custom kernel I intend to build (time permitting). Also remove knox features and set SELinux permissive for Titanium Backup app to work correctly.

In future, I might look at a very basic ROM, but NOT on my to-do list
10th November 2014, 11:43 PM |#11  
invisiblesense's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6

I am unsure on that. The processor is different I believe and that would be a main thing.
But with root you would be able to change most of the apps and you might be able to set up the build.prop to a USA one that should let you add yahoo and get to the USA panel store.

The processor being different is my main concern, let's hope some people will address this.
The edge is the best piece gadget I have ever owned. I'd be sorted if these issues were sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir

Apart from removing a few "useless" apps, able to use various root type apps (properly) such as Greenify, Titanium, Synapse etc.

But the main reason is to control a custom kernel I intend to build (time permitting). Also remove knox features and set SELinux permissive for Titanium Backup app to work correctly.

In future, I might look at a very basic ROM, but NOT on my to-do list

A basic rom that includes all essential Note functions would be awesome on the edge.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes