FOR THE MOST CURRENT ROOT METHOD, PLEASE REFER TO THIS THREAD >> [INFO] [CF-Auto-Root] Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915
WARNING : KNOX COUNTER WILL BE TRIPPED AND WARRANTY VOID - THERE IS NO CURRENTLY KNOWN METHOD TO RESET THE COUNTER OR ROOT WITHOUT TRIPPING KNOX !!
I used : SM-N910"K" (Korea, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-treltektt-treltektt-smn910k.zip . Another user in this thread had reported that using the SM-N910 "S" Cf-Autoroot failed to boot, so I instead tried the "K" and success. All THANKS & credit to @Chainfire, if you require the stock recovery for SM-N915S, I'd gladly send it to you if you require it to make a formal Cf-Autoroot for our device.
Root has also been confirmed using the same method and file for SM-N915"K" here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=34
1. Advised: Have a full stock firmware package available (just in case) [sammobile.com or samsung-updates.com]
2. Have Samsung USB drivers installed on Windows PC (Easiest way is DL KIES from Samsung)
3. Flash via Odin [I used Odin3 v3.07 - attachment] as per Chainfire's instructions !
** If unsure how to use Odin, there are many guides found by searching !
4. Wait around 30 secs after flash (stuck on boot screen), and hopefully device will boot.
5. Open SuperSU app and update SU if prompted
Note: You will have installed stock Android system recovery for SM-N910K. This should not affect the operation of the ROM.