How to unlock SM-N915R4 US Cellular

Search This thread

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
I have the same device and I've been hacking away at a true root and or bootloader unlock. As well as Sim unlock. With no success. But I did just speak to a customer service rep at us cellular and she said it can be Sim unlocked but has to be plugged up to a device that they have in their cooperate stores to do so. So I'm at the point where I believe I'm going to be shipping my SM-N915R4 to the closest US CELLULAR Cooperate store to have them Sim unlock it. Im also still trying to modify CHAINFIRE's cf-auto root to gain root access. If I can accomplish this I feel sure I can change the preferred network settings along with several other settings to be able to use this CDMA device on GSM network.

artnau

Sep 8, 2009
Did you get it unlocked from the US CELLULAR store?

I have the same device and I've been hacking away at a true root and or bootloader unlock. As well as Sim unlock. With no success. But I did just speak to a customer service rep at us cellular and she said it can be Sim unlocked but has to be plugged up to a device that they have in their cooperate stores to do so. So I'm at the point where I believe I'm going to be shipping my SM-N915R4 to the closest US CELLULAR Cooperate store to have them Sim unlock it. Im also still trying to modify CHAINFIRE's cf-auto root to gain root access. If I can accomplish this I feel sure I can change the preferred network settings along with several other settings to be able to use this CDMA device on GSM network.

Magickly

Apr 17, 2009
Lenovo Yoga Tab 2

Did you have any luck with network unlock for GSM?
I'm in the same boat --- however I now know mine has bad esn to boot
I am getting ready to send mine off to have meid repair service done
perhaps they can repair with a verizon number/firmware?
sucks that people sell this way with no resolution for buyer.
I offered to pay balance due on US Cell acct to get unlock code, but they would not do.
Any info/assistance appreciated

Diongsi15

Mar 25, 2016
Hi!i set my Note Edge N915R4 to say on Network mode:GSM/WCDMA/LTE but i can't place calls etc...has anyone an idea to make it work?