s7 edge charges wirelessly in a note 7 samsung battery Backpack & a note FE doesn't??

Search This thread

Matildariley

May 30, 2018
s7 edge charges wirelessly in a note 7 samsung battery Backpack & a note FE doesn't??

Hey, not exactly an expert with smartphones, but have sold phone accessories for the past couple of years. Due to this I obviously noticed that there was an awful lot of note 7 accessories selling extremely cheaply. So I thought id get a not FE as it has the exact same dimensions and could get some excellent accessories for it (seriously, this was my primary motivation for buying the phone). Unbeknownst to me Samsung has blocked its not 7 accessories from working with the note FE, absolute nightmare. Petty and childish if you ask me.....
unfortunately I had already purchased a note 7 backpack for my FE which clearly does not work, however if I sit a galaxy s7 edge in it, it charges fine, just like any qi charger. This makes me think that if I root the note fe the backpack may work with it?
Is this correct or am I completely wrong?
If anybody has any experience of using the note 7 backpack with a rooted note fe it would be great to hear from you. I will happily root the phone just to use the backpack, plus the Korean preinstalled apps are annoying.
Thanks in advance for any help which is greatly appreciated

SirAnKeKu

Oct 8, 2016
Sungailiat
Yes. That would be the case. It's not that the accessories won't work with the note FE. Note FE actually supports it, it's just that it is disabled from the software. You can root and take a look if you can re enable it again. I dunno if there is thread talking about it, but you can look it up. Good Luck

Sep 2, 2017
Never got the chance to use Note 7's wireless charging case, however s6 edge+'s wireless charging cover works fine, so it's probably disabled from software, also where were you able to buy the case, the ones i found were either ridiculously expensive or not on stock.

upaupa

May 29, 2008
qestion

I will happily root the phone just to use the backpack, plus the Korean preinstalled apps are annoying.
[/QUOTE]

Did root the phone work ??

upaupa

May 29, 2008
I will happily root the phone just to use the backpack, plus the Korean preinstalled apps are annoying.

Did root the phone work ??[/QUOTE]

XDA member, KAL26, and me noticed that if note FE put normally in the "note 7 OEM battery case", it will charge for a few seconds, then show wireless charging paused, but if the phone put in plastic back case like that show in the attached photos, and rested perpendicularly on the OEM note 7 charging case, (or at particular angle; see attached photos) the phone charges with no issues or interruptions
I think samsung has changed the position of the wireless receiver in note FE, Or
another possibility is that note FE is able to detect the note 7 OEM battery case by particular sensor(s) (most probable magnetic field sensor) and forced wireless charging to puse. if this idea is true, then one can make the OEM battery case works by disabling such sensor(S) using certain apps such as ([XPOSED] Sensor Disabler) from google play, but unfortunately, this app needs rooted device, my device is un-rooted thus i can't check this idea
waiting for expert explanations and opinions

Attachments

• FE4.jpg
    FE4.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 180

尹朝纲

Aug 4, 2020
Did you update your Note-FE to Android 9? In my opinion, this battery case can only be used on Note FE which run on Android 7......
I tested my Note-FE which could use this back pack with no issues and ran on Android 7 ,but my machine couldn‘t use this because my device usually run on Android 8,Android 9 or Android 10 !