[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition (SM-N935F)

Search This thread

cıyanogen

Oct 16, 2016
Google Pixel 3a

k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition (SM-N935F/DS)

description.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is an unofficial LineageOS 16.0 build for Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition. It is just a beta release, so you can get any issues.

Only tested on N935FXXU6CSK1 firmware. I don't know last N935FXXS7CTE1 compability. Older firmwares should be compatible with this rom.

Changelog:
21st June 2020
Initial Release.

bugs.png

* Wi-Fi Hotspot
* SafetyNet
* SELinux Permissive
* Iris scanner is not supported.
If you get any issue please take a log and report it.

ss.png

Available at here: https://imgur.com/a/okd9nB5

dl.png

LineageOS 16.0 for Galaxy Note Fan Edition - Mega.nz

thx.png

@Ivan_Meler -> Based on his LineageOS 16 for S7 Edge
Please contact me if I forgot a person to adding this thread.

Device resources:
Device Tree: https://github.com/ciyanogen/android_device_samsung_gracelte
Common Device Tree: https://github.com/ciyanogen/android_device_samsung_grace-common
Vendor Blobs: https://github.com/ciyanogen/proprietary_vendor_samsung_grace-common
Kernel: https://github.com/ciyanogen/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890

Also don't forget clone these repositories:
https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_hardware_samsung
https://github.com/ivanmeler/proprietary_vendor_seal

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition (SM-N935F), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note FE

Contributors
cıyanogen, Ivan_Meler
Source Code: https://github.com/ciyanogen/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2020-06-21
Last Updated 2020-06-21

Last edited:

BobLao

Apr 15, 2017
Hangzhou
Thank you for your work! I want to port LineageOS on my Note FE too, but mine is SM-N935K(Korea Telecom), so I'm not sure if your port can work on mine.

BobLao

Apr 15, 2017
Hangzhou
Okay nevermind. I've flashed it again and it's now working fine. Most of the features are working out of the box on my unit which includes:
1. LTE
2.Front/Rear Camera
3.Spen
4.Bluetooth
5.USB-C Headphone(Which is great since Samsung's stock ROM is not working well with my Google Pixel 2's headset.
My Galaxy Note 7's wireless charging case is still not working fine which seems to be Samsung's fault since Samsung's stock ROM had the same problem.
Great work mate, you rock.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Is it stuck in here? If yes, try taking logcat.

And were you installed any modifications?

I added Magisk to the list, which I'm not sure if that's why it got bricked. But it's working well now so meh

Image 1 is back camera. Image 2 is front camera. Both are directly from stock LineageOS camrea
Image 3 is LTE screenshot while browsing with stock browser

Attachments

• IMG_20200622_160929.jpg
    IMG_20200622_160929.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20200622_160940.jpg
    IMG_20200622_160940.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Screenshot_20200622-161028_.jpg
    Screenshot_20200622-161028_.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Reactions: cıyanogen

cıyanogen

Oct 16, 2016
Google Pixel 3a
Okay nevermind. I've flashed it again and it's now working fine. Most of the features are working out of the box on my unit which includes:
1. LTE
2.Front/Rear Camera
3.Spen
4.Bluetooth
5.USB-C Headphone(Which is great since Samsung's stock ROM is not working well with my Google Pixel 2's headset.
My Galaxy Note 7's wireless charging case is still not working fine which seems to be Samsung's fault since Samsung's stock ROM had the same problem.
Great work mate, you rock.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

I added Magisk to the list, which I'm not sure if that's why it got bricked. But it's working well now so meh

Thank you for your comment, is these features work well on your variant? I tested on N935F variant and it's working perfectly.

* Touchscreen
* S-Pen
* RIL
* Mobile data (4G/3G/2G)
* Bluetooth
* Speaker/Microphone
* Vibration
* Led
* GPS
* Sensors
* Wi-Fi
* Headphone jack
* USB Tethering
* SD Card
* Buttons

I can't test wireless charging case and USB-C headphones because I don't have these.

BobLao

Apr 15, 2017
Hangzhou
Thank you for your comment, is these features work well on your variant? I tested on N935F variant and it's working perfectly.

* Touchscreen
* S-Pen
* RIL
* Mobile data (4G/3G/2G)
* Bluetooth
* Speaker/Microphone
* Vibration
* Led
* GPS
* Sensors
* Wi-Fi
* Headphone jack
* USB Tethering
* SD Card
* Buttons

I can't test wireless charging case and USB-C headphones because I don't have these.
Yes, they work fine on my N935K. I need to format my SD card before it can work inside my phone but other than that it's working fine. The wireless charging case's problem is they can't charge your device anytime longer than 3 seconds and they'll randomly charge your device. According to my googling, it's Samsung to blame for unclear reasons. Maybe it's just because all Note 7's stock accessories should go back to Samsung, IDK.

cıyanogen

Oct 16, 2016
Google Pixel 3a
Yes, they work fine on my N935K. I need to format my SD card before it can work inside my phone but other than that it's working fine. The wireless charging case's problem is they can't charge your device anytime longer than 3 seconds and they'll randomly charge your device. According to my googling, it's Samsung to blame for unclear reasons. Maybe it's just because all Note 7's stock accessories should go back to Samsung, IDK.

As you say, this problem has available in stock rom, so I think I can't do anything. Maybe Samsung added a protection for these accessories.

Thank you for your testing.

Reactions: BobLao

BobLao

Apr 15, 2017
Hangzhou

On my SM-N935K No but your mileage may vary.
BTW everytime I want to swap SIM or TF card I need to reboot the phone. Stock Samsung ROMs does not require that so that's strange

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

BTW everytime I want to swap SIM or TF card I need to reboot the phone. Stock Samsung ROMs does not require that so that's strange

cıyanogen

Oct 16, 2016
Google Pixel 3a

I can't test dual sim due to my hw issues. But it should work.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Can you explain this issue?

BobLao

Apr 15, 2017
Hangzhou
On my N935F, If I install only a memory card, my phone can't recognize it. I must attach a SIM Card on SIM1. But this issue available in stock rom (N935FXXU6CSK1).

Pretty strange tbh I've never seen such problem on lineageOS. But again, considering this is a note7 replica(hell they even share same codename) maybe samsung's that one to blame

BobLao

Apr 15, 2017
Hangzhou
Dual sim works fine on my SM-N935F

So that's problem for SM-N935K.
Good to know since I had another phone for the second sim so it's not a deal-breaker. That's life maybe :)
btw new problem and real bummer:while charging I can't get reading from system via AccuBattery. It just says 0mA and nothing more.

Attachments

• IMG_20200623_154607.jpg
    IMG_20200623_154607.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

cıyanogen

Oct 16, 2016
Google Pixel 3a
So that's problem for SM-N935K.
Good to know since I had another phone for the second sim so it's not a deal-breaker. That's life maybe :)
btw new problem and real bummer:while charging I can't get reading from system via AccuBattery. It just says 0mA and nothing more.

In N935F it is working. I think it is kernel issue, I will try to fix it.

Is charging works on N935K?

Top Liked Posts