[TUTORIAL] How to change sales code and CSC without root or tripping KNOX

Search This thread

Madness.

May 17, 2013
Istanbul
This method is useful if you're unable to change your CSC in multi-csc roms. Or if you don't have the desired CSC for Note FE, this tutorial will assist you to change with the best way.

1) Get the sec_csc.zip from other device that have your CSC as DEFAULT csc

Download other device's firmware here, note that newer devices like Note 8 doesn't have CSC system. Best way is to use S7 Edge files. Android version doesn't matter.

After downloading, extract the zip file. You should have 4-5 files inside folder. Pick one that starting with HOME_CSC or CSC. It doesn't matter. If you have 1 file rom, pick that file. Change file extension from tar.md5 to tar. Open the file with your desired archive manager application. Copy "cache.img" or "cache.img.lz4" out of the archive depending on what you have. You now need to decompress lz4 file if you have lz4 file. Use this link if you have Windows. For other OS'es do your own research.

Now you got the cache.img. Extract the files inside it. These links might help to extract cache.img, if you have another OS, use tool named "simg2img" and a tool to mount or extract img file as ext4. I'm leaving these kitchen links to extract cache.img.

https://xdaforums.com/apps/superr-kitchen/windows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
https://xdaforums.com/chef-central/android/best-android-roms-editor-assayyedkitchen-t3410545

Get "sec_csc.zip" in the "recovery" folder, if you don't have this file, try extracting this from another ROM. Open the zip file, and take a look inside it. In the "system/csc" folder there's a file named "sales_code.dat". Open this file with text viewer, and check if this sales code matches with your desired one. If it doesn't match, try extracting sec_csc.zip with desired sales code from another ROM. Don't try to edit this file, if you don't have a custom recovery or if you don't want to experiment it as I didn't try it.

2) Get platform-tools (SKIP THIS if you will use SD-Card for installation. USE Only if you don't have SD-Card or don't want to install with SD-Card)

Download platform-tools from Google. You will use adb sideload to install the zip. Check 3rd step for further information.

3) Installation (READ THIS even if you know about flashing ZIPs or you will probably fail, this part is the most important part of this tutorial)

Reboot into recovery

Wipe data

Install zip (sec_csc.zip) using SD-Card or ADB-Sideload

Your device will reboot and change the sales code to default one in the sec_csc.zip that you flashed.

4) Reflash official ROM (ONLY IF your CSC is in one of the official ROMS for your device with your desired Android version) using ODIN.

I won't be explaining this in detail. If you don't know do your research. Just take 4-5 files rom and select AP BL CP CSC (i'd prefer to not select HOME_CSC) in the appropriate places. If you aren't expert make sure that you don't tick the Re-Partition, nand erase etc. and don't select PIT file while flashing.

Last edited:

treysis

Jun 30, 2014
No need to wipe data. However, if you have a Multi-CSC, it won't work that easy from firmware ARA1 and on, due to new security measures. You will then need either root or the combination firmware.

benyou54

Feb 25, 2016
Nancy
Hello. Thanks to add the credits. The first one who made this trick is me [emoji6]

Envoyé de mon SM-N935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Madness.

May 17, 2013
Istanbul
No need to wipe data. However, if you have a Multi-CSC, it won't work that easy from firmware ARA1 and on, due to new security measures. You will then need either root or the combination firmware.

If you don't wipe data, sales code won't change, and this is the suggested method provided by Samsung. Without wipe, changes weren't persistent for me, they disappeared after wiping cache.

Madness.

May 17, 2013
Istanbul
Hello. Thanks to add the credits. The first one who made this trick is me [emoji6]

All credits to Samsung, that's how CSC installation works. And I didn't see any tutorial for changing "sales" code, found it by trying. All I wanted was to switch to TUR csc on KSA rom, it has OJV csc which contains TUR. Got it after changing my sales code and reflashing the original rom. Everywhere suggests insert sim and wipe data, or some *#code etc which doesn't work anymore. And it's stupid idea to downgrade for that csc change code even if possible.

benyou54

Feb 25, 2016
Nancy
All credits to Samsung, that's how CSC installation works. And I didn't see any tutorial for changing "sales" code, found it by trying. All I wanted was to switch to TUR csc on KSA rom, it has OJV csc which contains TUR. Got it after changing my sales code and reflashing the original rom. Everywhere suggests insert sim and wipe data, or some *#code etc which doesn't work anymore. And it's stupid idea to downgrade for that csc change code even if possible.
This process is not from Samsung. Samsung does not allow that kind of csc change. Now after the january security update, the only way to change the csc code for the multi CSC, it's to use the combination firmware used in the factory process to test.
If you used a single carrier csc, you don't need to factory reset your FE to change the sale code. Screenshot_20180506-165706.jpeg

Madness.

May 17, 2013
Istanbul
This process is not from Samsung. Samsung does not allow that kind of csc change. Now after the january security update, the only way to change the csc code for the multi CSC, it's to use the combination firmware used in the factory process to test.
If you used a single carrier csc, you don't need to factory reset your FE to change the sale code. View attachment 4501524

Well, that's how CSC gets loaded into system. It's in cache image, it gets flashed after firmware update. Wiping data yields more reliable results, but I wouldn't mind it if I had lots of data on my phone. Looks like you still didn't get the point though, this tutorial is for changing "sales code", not only "csc"

Madness.

May 17, 2013
Istanbul
What's the difference between CSC and sales code?

Sales code is simply your device's country code. It determines your active CSC if your CSC package has that files. Otherwise ROM tries to set it to default CSC of installed CSC. If you want to make sure that changes are more "persistent", follow the tutorial. Otherwise, just flash the sec_csc.zip, changes might be lost after wiping cache or data.

treysis

Jun 30, 2014
Hm, benyou54 changed his sales code without factory reset. But he is still on older bootloader. I am on January patch and my sales code is XME, though active CSC is VIA from my sec_csc.zip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method is useful if you're unable to change your CSC in multi-csc roms. Or if you don't have the desired CSC for Note FE, this tutorial will assist you to change with the best way.

1) Get the sec_csc.zip from other device that have your CSC as DEFAULT csc

Download other device's firmware here, note that newer devices like Note 8 doesn't have CSC system. Best way is to use S7 Edge files. Android version doesn't matter.

After downloading, extract the zip file. You should have 4-5 files inside folder. Pick one that starting with HOME_CSC or CSC. It doesn't matter. If you have 1 file rom, pick that file. Change file extension from tar.md5 to tar. Open the file with your desired archive manager application. Copy "cache.img" or "cache.img.lz4" out of the archive depending on what you have. You now need to decompress lz4 file if you have lz4 file. Use this link if you have Windows. For other OS'es do your own research.

Now you got the cache.img. Extract the files inside it. These links might help to extract cache.img, if you have another OS, use tool named "simg2img" and a tool to mount or extract img file as ext4. I'm leaving these kitchen links to extract cache.img.

https://xdaforums.com/apps/superr-kitchen/windows-linux-superr-s-kitchen-v3-0-0-0-t3601702
    https://xdaforums.com/chef-central/android/best-android-roms-editor-assayyedkitchen-t3410545

Get "sec_csc.zip" in the "recovery" folder, if you don't have this file, try extracting this from another ROM. Open the zip file, and take a look inside it. In the "system/csc" folder there's a file named "sales_code.dat". Open this file with text viewer, and check if this sales code matches with your desired one. If it doesn't match, try extracting sec_csc.zip with desired sales code from another ROM. Don't try to edit this file, if you don't have a custom recovery or if you don't want to experiment it as I didn't try it.

2) Get platform-tools (SKIP THIS if you will use SD-Card for installation. USE Only if you don't have SD-Card or don't want to install with SD-Card)

Download platform-tools from Google. You will use adb sideload to install the zip. Check 3rd step for further information.

3) Installation (READ THIS even if you know about flashing ZIPs or you will probably fail, this part is the most important part of this tutorial)

Reboot into recovery

Wipe data

Install zip (sec_csc.zip) using SD-Card or ADB-Sideload

Your device will reboot and change the sales code to default one in the sec_csc.zip that you flashed.

4) Reflash official ROM (ONLY IF your CSC is in one of the official ROMS for your device with your desired Android version) using ODIN.

I won't be explaining this in detail. If you don't know do your research. Just take 4-5 files rom and select AP BL CP CSC (i'd prefer to not select HOME_CSC) in the appropriate places. If you aren't expert make sure that you don't tick the Re-Partition, nand erase etc. and don't select PIT file while flashing.
    can i change korean CSC from N935k to another country CSC?

It should work for any Samsung phone with CSC system.
    looks like I messed up the EFS partition and now I have to bring to a service center.

Big warning to those of you reading this thread: if you change the active CSC using this method on a device with only one region firmware available (ie, note FE is only KOR, W2018 is only CHC) you MUST BE SURE TO REFLASH ORIGINAL CSC ZIP before installing firmware updates with ODIN.
    If you do not do this, when you reflash the original firmware not only will it not reset your CSC, but it will corrupt your EFS partition.
    If you are using this method to change CSC you probably don't have root and that means that if your EFS partition is corrupted you must send your phone back to Samsung to fix it.

I know it seems like reflashing original firmware will just reset the CSC but that is not the case. Make sure the active CSC matches the firmware you want to flash BEFORE FLASHING.
    Otherwise you will be very sorry. So Snapdragon (and KOR users also) be especially careful.
    If you have root, backup your EFS!!!!!
    Important to mention about Note FE that N935F/DS is Philippines and Malaysia and it can be reflashed with other CSCs, N935S/N935K/N935L on the other hand is only Korean and it's CSC should not be reflashed. Also, good luck with Samsung service and your phone, changing ROM files and bringing your phone back to Samsung is a bold move.
    If anyone needs "sec_csc.zip" inside the latest Malaysia Pie ROM (CSC: N935FOLB5CSE1) for N935F, here is the link:
    https://mega.nz/#!sTpW1QgS!633VNPJUg3mtaNcElqzgeRWLdewxWpAGRAMyIMNaHHs