FORUMS

Note 5 Keyboard Case?

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By eavandy0797, Junior Member on 6th October 2015, 09:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So one of the main reasons ive bought the note 5 is because i saw the keyboard case! i personaly miss having a phisical keybaord (even if its just a overlay) but i cant seem to find it at any store! amazon/samsung best buy none have them listed anywhere and i cant seem to find anymore information about it altho it is still on Sammys page for the Note5. this did pop up today on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2520965...chn=ps&lpid=82 but i dont trust it because i cant find it anywhere else. anyone else have one or seen one before?
7th October 2015, 12:37 AM |#2  
Flag Virginia Beach
Thanks Meter: 285

More
I want to try this case too and I am patiently waiting for it to show up in best buy so I can decide if I'm buying a note 5 or not.

Someone had posted it was available for pre order somewhere in Europe a couple of weeks ago. Then last week I saw them on eBay. I have a feeling that the eBay ones are coming from overseas.

Someone in the q & a forum has one and was asking a question about different languages on the on screen keyboard or something.

They're the only one here that I've seen so far that actually has the case.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
7th October 2015, 12:51 AM |#3  
Flag Metropolis
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eavandy0797

So one of the main reasons ive bought the note 5 is because i saw the keyboard case! i personaly miss having a phisical keybaord (even if its just a overlay) but i cant seem to find it at any store! amazon/samsung best buy none have them listed anywhere and i cant seem to find anymore information about it altho it is still on Sammys page for the Note5. this did pop up today on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2520965...chn=ps&lpid=82 but i dont trust it because i cant find it anywhere else. anyone else have one or seen one before?

On Samsung global website I saw that they are making a keyboard case for Note 5. But they are not selling yet.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
7th October 2015, 01:26 AM |#4  
Flag Hermitage
Thanks Meter: 279

More
There are tons on ebay. No real risk as ebay will get your money back is false.
9th October 2015, 02:43 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Sounds like the case is 80$, and it sucks.

http://mashable.com/2015/08/13/galax.../#juWOkof54gqI

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsun...d-cover-review

Even if you did want to buy this, would you really be willing to pay 50$+ for a cheap piece of plastic that just covers the screen and presses the touch screen for you(Yes thats what it does, it doesn't actually connect to the phone in any technical way, it just presses the keypad on the touch screen)

Anyways if you are truly interested, it sounds like it'll be released sometime this quarter.....My assumption is it was bad enough that they had to delay the release just to try and get a workable version of some form.
13th October 2015, 02:51 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 900

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKayrac

Sounds like the case is 80$, and it sucks.

http://mashable.com/2015/08/13/galax.../#juWOkof54gqI

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsun...d-cover-review

Even if you did want to buy this, would you really be willing to pay 50$+ for a cheap piece of plastic that just covers the screen and presses the touch screen for you(Yes thats what it does, it doesn't actually connect to the phone in any technical way, it just presses the keypad on the touch screen)

Anyways if you are truly interested, it sounds like it'll be released sometime this quarter.....My assumption is it was bad enough that they had to delay the release just to try and get a workable version of some form.

M that's not what it does it must have some type of technology involve because the entire screen shifts up it was what you say the display will remain the same and just be covered by the keyboard.. And the actual keyabord is hard at the back so its definitely not pressing the screen. I'm not sure where you got that info..

The Following User Says Thank You to egren58 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift egren58 Ad-Free
13th October 2015, 06:53 AM |#7  
Flag Virginia Beach
Thanks Meter: 285

More
The keyboard part of the case clips on the front of the phone when you use it. It shifts the screen up because it brings up the touchscreen keyboard behind it. You can unsnap it from the front and snap it to the back to store it when you want the phone full screen but the keyboard cannot be used when it's clipped on the back side of the case. It's only for "storage".

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
14th October 2015, 03:54 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just tried this keyboard and if you are using a customized keyboard, you will have a tough time with this.

http://smartphonepedia.com/samsung-g...-sapphire.html

I also noticed a bit of a lag on the keyboard with this...
14th October 2015, 10:49 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Peoria

More
Sorry guys i been away from the internet for about a week! super busy with work and forgot to check back in here. @tarunscool yeah i figured you'd have to use the stock keyboard to make it work right. @BKayrac ive seen the reviews mmain thing ive seen is that they all end up quoting the same person and it docent seem like theirs to many true reviews about it. i bought a $800 dollar phone because of that darn case 80 bucks yeah is expensive but if i can type better on it itll be worth it, even if its not a good case the phone is still really awesome and well worth the money.
14th October 2015, 10:51 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Peoria

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egren58

M that's not what it does it must have some type of technology involve because the entire screen shifts up it was what you say the display will remain the same and just be covered by the keyboard.. And the actual keyabord is hard at the back so its definitely not pressing the screen. I'm not sure where you got that info..

that was my impression of what the case does. have you seen one in person? it could have a NFC chip in it or a magnet so when its clipped to the front it adjust's the screen just like the flip covers do.
19th October 2015, 02:12 PM |#11  
Flag Strathroy, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I'll use the google swipe keyboard. Nice and simple. Not an over-abundance of on screen buttons to deal with. Fastest input method besides maybe voice. No need to spend $80
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)