Some information you should know..
- This is a full Note7Fe port with android version 9.0
- If you want to report a Bug, read the F.A.Q First Then provide a logCat OR LoggingKit.zip with detailed explanation
- Read the instructions and the F.A.Q Before installing the rom or posting a reply.
- You are not allowed to use this base, if you want to make rom, "DIY"
- Any sort of File Kanging will be reported without hesitation.
- If you like this rom and appreciate my efforts, Hit the Thanks button, and consider a donation
So. 5 months ago i posted this ROM. big mistake, it means i have to maintain it, which i suck at. after 2 rebases and finishing V2 twice. OneUI happened for some reason god knows why, but yeah. This ROM is BETA AF. there is alot of crap that needs to be fixed besides the general bugs we had in oreo. give or take, if you are adventurous. go ahead and flash it, if not. dont B*itch in the thread about it and flash another ROM. This ROM is NOT for average ROM users. it is for those who want to be on the bleeding edge.. it wont come out of BETA until the bug list becomes shorter. This ROM is OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED ONLY on the NOTE 5 International variants. its the one i have, the one i can test personally. it will BOOT on N5/S6/S6E And S6E+ and work well relatively speaking if you bother to read the F.A.Q. Korean and US variants are also supported for all those models via Aroma options so take care. however Note 5 US variants might not work. you can try. S6/S6E support is very BETA so use with a grain of salt, a big one. read the f.a.q for tips on how to make the experience suck less.
Eventually when you discover a new Bug that shouldn't be there, DO NOT SEND ME MATLOGS. CATLOGS or whatever. Follow the guide up there on How to properly send logs. otherwise i wont care less about your post. very simple. Remember that this port is NOT supped to be possible. we should not be running oneUI, but the stars aligned in our favor. And please there is no need to tell me to fix XYZ. if its listed in bugs or was reported. im on it.
So. TLDR; This may or may not be your daily rom, it depends on who you are. if you want oneUI, this is the price. if not, there are plenty of other ROMs based on Nougat that will work right. so use them instead and let the thread be in peace.
I sincerely hope the people who end up using this rom have fun, its a fun experience, ive been using it for the past month. and its refreshing.
Old releases (Booreo)
Hey Note 5 Community, This is my first project for this device, one of many to come. many of you might know me from my Note4 projects, i have decided to purchase the note5 in order to provide for this community quality ROMs , in hopes that maybe one day everyone here will be using an Oreo based port, instead of living on nougat that samsung left us with.
Why N7FE and not N8 S9 or any newer port ? Simply said, it is too early for me and the current state of oreo. there is some important stuff that needs ironing out before introducing more bugs. N7FE Struck a great balance between a stable port, and a feature rich one. i have also thrown in alot of additional stuff you can check below.
Support for other variants will come in the future, i choose to support this small amount due to time constraints.
RULES OF POSTING : READ everything before commenting, And especially the install steps, the rom has been tested thoroughly for a long time, so if you have an critical issue like not booting or no sim, you missed the instructions, posts that are irrelevant to this project will be ignored(Constructive criticism is welcomed). If you do face a new bug however, dont just say "hey bug here" provide more information, and a LOGCAT, bug reports without logcats will most likely be ignored.
- - Android 9.0
- - Semi-deodexed (Apps only)
- - Well debloated with Aroma options
- - Zipaligned and tuned
- - Optimized for battery and performance
- - Full Samsung OneUI Experience
- - Magisk Ready
- - And all the goodies Android Pie brings
- - Based on N935FXXU4CSC5
- - Contains all features from N7FE minus hardware specific ones (Iris and stuff)
- - All the original features are present (Wifi,Bluetooth, basic camera etc)
- - BluelightFilter
- - BixbyVision
- - Samsung DolbyAtmos
- - Heavly optimised for N5/S6/S6E/S6E+ with their own separate configurations
- - Many prop and feature tweaks and exclusive apps
- - DE-Knoxed and disabled Additional samsung root prevention and security spams
- - Intl CSC/KOR CSC and General OMC (for VoLTE) Supported
- - Full goodlock 2019 pack
- - Added exclusive samsung apps (Aroma)
- - 1700+ Fonts MOD (Aroma)
- - Pie Edge Panels and edgelighting+
- - BixbyHome And Bixby Voice
- - Recovery toggle
- - Ssecure/Secure Wifi etc
- - Minor system mods
- - Native AppLock
- - Wifi S-Secure
- - Native Screen Video recorder
- - Native Call recorder
- - And many more additions from My J5 / N4 Roms and previous Floyd
- All of the custom kernel features can be controlled using HKTweaks by @corsicanu
- - Compiled with Linaro
- - Optimzed for battery and performance
- - Tons of under the hood improvments
- - AlwaysOn Display Supported (Not recommended for Note5 users due to instability)
- - Governors (Interextrem, smartmax, smartmax_eps, alucard, bluactive, yankactive,
- bioshock, conservativeX, dancedance, darknes, hyper, intelliactive, intellimm,
- lionheart, pegasus, preservative, smartass, wheatley)
- - CPU / GPU Overclocking
- - GPU Thermal control
- - Compiler optimizations
- - Many wakelocks reduced
- - BoefflaWakelock Blocker
- - WireGuard
- - FakeKnox
- - Blocked GMS Wakelocks
- - Deodex Workaround
- - 99Killer service
- - Init.d Support
- - Bootstate Green for safteynet
- - Patched some props for safteynet
- - Android 9.0 Supported
- Notice : S6/S6E Has CPU/GPU Control disabled due to issues with stability
- ensure you have LATEST TWRP (3.2+)
- Download and copy the ROM to your device
- Wipe everything (SYSTEM,DATA,CACHE,DALVIK and if possible internal storage)
- Flash the ROM.ZIP
- Setup your rom and READ the F.A.Q for more information.
- After a full boot. you can flash Magisk
- - Camera Video recording only works in snap-chat , candy camera etc
- - MiUI Camera from aroma requires enabling permissions manually for the first time to work right (otherwise camera error)
- - GoogleCamera and footej and some 3rd party cams are not supported
- - Hotspot turns on but does not connect
- - StockCamera only works in landscape (and works 80% under proMode. it can take videos there however any images taken from there wont appear in your gallery until a reboot.
- - Rotation gets stuck sometimes in UI but works in apps (covering the front camera makes it rotate faster)
- - N9208 NFC is Disabled
- - HWC is Disabled until further notice
- - S6 IR Blaster is not supported for now
- - UHQ Upscaler is disabled as it causes issues with headphones
Imgur Album with ALL photos : IMGR
IF you helped in this rom and i forgot you, tell me in a PM or in a reply
@kill-switch , @AbrahamGC and @kurtlestat for letting me use some of their mods from BlackDiamond Rom
@Lunarixus and @nysadev for VEGA Kernel "TBD"
@ljjehl for keeping up with my crap while testing US variants. Thank you friend
@enesuzun2002 For alot of general help in exynos7420. without him i probably wont be here in this field. kudos my friend
@lukasb06 For Making The camera shim, without it we wont have a working camera
@Noxxxious For all his amazing kernel work in 7420
@Androidwizzard For valuable help in Note5s
@RickyBush_ For IOS Emoji
And the rest of EliteTeam
@khoailang2500 @CusuferR @moonje @josuesim @Attor @qaziiabdullah @josuesim1 @Alhaitha2020
@SongJH @Thekillerbunny12341 @KeepSOBP @ljjehl @arshia_mpz @LeeXDA18 @arshiazare
And few more that didnt give me their usernames
Downloads. Changelogs , F.A.Qs below
Floyd OneUI, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Source Code: https://github.com/ananjaser1211/Helios_7420
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest bootloader and modem
Based On: OneUI
Current Stable Version: V2.0
Stable Release Date: 2019-05-07
Current Beta Version: V2.0
Beta Release Date: 2019-05-07
Last Updated 2019-05-06