FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How To Root SM-N9208

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By dreskullz, Member on 30th September 2015, 06:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello Friends

I have been searching the internet for days on how to root the Note 5 N9208 dual sim and finally found something that seem stable.

DISCLAIMER: I am by no means taking credit for this root method, I am just sharing what I found because I know how hard the information can be to find on the internet. As you should already know, with flashing there is always a risk so you are always responsible for you own device

1. First you are going to want to enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging in the developer option.
2. Go to Samsung app store and get the CROM service app. (this is needed so you can flash custom roms, on some phones you won't be able to flash anything if you don't do this step)
3. Download Permissive kernel (from xiaolu) for N9208 with auto root: N9208-TW-Root (0909) .tar flash it with Odin3.10.7 (extract tar-file from zip, put it in section and flash AP)
At this point you should now have root, beyond this step will explain how to get TWRP recovery.
4. Official TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 DUOS you can found here ... (download tar-file, put it in AP section and flash with Odin3.10.7).

This information was accumulated by searching the web. My thanks goes out to all developers who help me to arrive at a root solution. If you, a developer come here and see a violation that I overlooked please inbox me and I will rectify it right away Thanks again
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to dreskullz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dreskullz Ad-Free

30th September 2015, 09:41 PM |#2  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the guide. Do you have more information on the kernel?
30th September 2015, 11:47 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmar1801

Thanks for the guide. Do you have more information on the kernel?

Sad to say, I didn't find much information on the web about the performance of this kernel. It just showed up as a way to gain root.

Not being about to accumulate any data on the kernel I kinda was back and forth in my mind if I should use it or not. after hours of thinking and really wanted root I decided to give it a go in a all or re-flash moment(nothing).
Turn out to be pretty good with no change in performance vs the stock kernel. Once flashed I saw superSU there installed and ready to go.

Now I was concern about the random reboots I heard about with other kernels but I have been using the phone for 3 days now and I haven't encountered any lags, no reboots, no drop of signals or calls. I have not yet installed any games on my phone so I don't know how it will be with heavy usage of that nature.

If you decide to give this a try please post any findings of abnormalities here. Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to dreskullz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dreskullz Ad-Free
1st October 2015, 01:11 AM |#4  
Flag north texas
Thanks Meter: 574

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreskullz

Sad to say, I didn't find much information on the web about the performance of this kernel. It just showed up as a way to gain root.

Not being about to accumulate any data on the kernel I kinda was back and forth in my mind if I should use it or not. after hours of thinking and really wanted root I decided to give it a go in a all or re-flash moment(nothing).
Turn out to be pretty good with no change in performance vs the stock kernel. Once flashed I saw superSU there installed and ready to go.

Now I was concern about the random reboots I heard about with other kernels but I have been using the phone for 3 days now and I haven't encountered any lags, no reboots, no drop of signals or calls. I have not yet installed any games on my phone so I don't know how it will be with heavy usage of that nature.

If you decide to give this a try please post any findings of abnormalities here. Thank you

i used the same process and files on my 9208 to achieve root. going on 3-days with stock ROM, the root kernel and latest xposed for TW and haven't had one reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to d.cortez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d.cortez Ad-Free
1st October 2015, 01:15 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez.i

i used the same process and files on my 9208 to achieve root. going on 3-days with stock ROM, the root kernel and latest xposed for TW and haven't had one reboot.

That's awesome

I thought xposed for our phone was only possible with Deodexed roms? if this is possible for our Odexed stock rom can you kindly point me into the direction to get this done?
1st October 2015, 01:19 AM |#6  
Flag north texas
Thanks Meter: 574

More
Quote:

That's awesome

I thought xposed for our phone was only possible with Deodexed roms? if this is possible for our Odexed stock rom can you kindly point me into the direction to get this done?

Enjoy . i thought the same; be sure to get V74 for arm64 devices.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to d.cortez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d.cortez Ad-Free
1st October 2015, 01:25 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez.i

Enjoy . i thought the same; be sure to get V74 for arm64 devices.

Thank you I will go give this a try right now
1st October 2015, 07:39 AM |#8  
Flag NRW

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for your reply. I will give it a go.
1st October 2015, 03:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
i am giving this kernel a try also.....to many random reboots on another one
1st October 2015, 06:32 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardob

i am giving this kernel a try also.....to many random reboots on another one

Let us know about any abnormalities you find just in case we have missed something
1st October 2015, 06:57 PM |#11  
Flag NRW

Donate to Me
More
No problems at all. No reboots or lags.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how to root note 5 sm n9208, n9208 root, root, root dual sim

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)