I am using this on SM-N920C of the Note 5; I believe this will work with other Note 5 Variants as well. Sprint variant already confirmed. Others who have different variants which are not tested can try this and update us, and we will be here to help you out if you are ready to try this out.
@chenxiaolong is the one who made this happen to our beloved Note 5
Main advantage of this is you can try any new rom with out loosing or having any kind of trouble with your existing rom. This mod will not change anything in your primary rom, so any time you can go back to your normal state.
1.I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,etc.
2.Before going further! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
supported Devices: ( Tested and confirmed working)
SM-N920C : noblelte (Tested by me )
SM-N900P (Sprint): nobleltespr (Tested )
* Read the full guide before Starting.
* Backup your phone if you are doing this first time. (Full Nandroid backup recommended for the new comers and it’s also recommended to others who don’t know what they are doing exactly even if they have multi booted several times)
* Rooted Note 5 with custom recovery (preferred TWRP or philz).
* free space in your internal SD (for example a TW rom could take up to 6.5GB )
* If you face any trouble please read the FAQ before doing something or asking for help. And if you want help please provide as much as details(device, roms, etc.) you can.
1.Download your desired Rom which you want to use for multi booting and the mods, addons, Kernel etc for the same. Keep the files in your internal memory.
2. Download the most recent snapshot release of Dual Boot Patcher and install it on your Note 5.
3. Open Dual Boot Patcher and grant SU permission. Then go to ROMS and you will see your Primary rom, press the 3dotmenu key and click "set kernel".
4. Then In Dual Boot Patcher go to Patch Zip File and Choose nobleltespr - samsung galaxy note 5 from the device drop down menu.
5. In the Partition configuration drop down menu select "Data Slot".
6. Below that you have to enter the ID of the secondary rom.(Example 1, 2, 3, etc. - it will take it as /data/multiboot/data-slot-1)
7.Now tap on the below button to choose the ROM's, Kernel and mods to patch them and make them perfect for Multi booting.
8. Always remember to keep same slot ID for the kernels and mods same as the rom. (Example: if you want to flash the kernel to the data-slot-1 rom then you have to select the same ID that’s 1 or if you want to flash the kernel to the data-slot-2 rom then you have to select the same ID that’s 2.)
9. Now press the tap to begin patching button to patch the file. And you will get a new patched zip file in the same location.
10. patch the kernel also for your rom with same id because most if the roms comes with out kernel so we have to patch the kernel and flash it along with the rom.
11. Now Boot into custom recovery and flash the new patched rom followed by the patched kernel without wiping anything and reboot.
12. And your device will boot into New Rom.
13.Install the Dual Boot Patcher app and set the kernel for your second ROM as well.
14. To switch between roms
•Open Dual Boot Patcher app/roms and click on primary or secondary rom as you like and reboot.
* Important things to keep in mind: while installing a rom or mod with Aroma installer don't reboot directly from the aroma.
You have to always uncheck the last option to reboot in aroma and click finish. So it can finish the final steps for multi booting.
And if you miss that it will only reboot to recovery. To boot back you have to flash your primary rom kernel or re-flash the patched rom.
Never update a secondary rom through OTA Update.
To revert back or if you face any problem just flash my Multi Boot cleaner.zip which will wipe all the installation files from \system and restore the primary rom kernel.
As a backup keep a copy of your kernel flashable zip file.
1. App sharing?
Ans. Will be added shortly.
3. This rom can’t be patched.
Ans. some roms are not supported its known, if the Dev have time may be he will consider including them.
4. I am getting error while using the dual boot app.
Add ro.patcher.device=noblelte to the bottom of your built.prop and your problem will be solved.
if your device is different from the above mentioned then add your product name instead of "noblelte"
if you don't know how to add this make a request with your product name, so i will make a flashable zip for that.
Original Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=45659284
Don't forget to thank him and if you can please consider a small donation for him because he really deserve it.
@aukhan & Team Emotroid
His Thread (Where I got the idea and help to make this guide): http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...riant-t3065211
@rlorange for the help and support.
His thread for Dual boot backup and restore app. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2491299, http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...-v1-0-t3087187
@AholicCert for helping me with some scripts
@ other XDAmembers
My Note 3 multi boot guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...1#post60326851