FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to root Note 5 Android 7.0 Nougat

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 14
 
By Atila35, Member on 18th March 2017, 12:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys how to root Note 5 Nougat stock 7.0 Firmware?

SM-N920C cihazımdan gönderildi
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atila35 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Atila35 Ad-Free
 
 
20th March 2017, 10:46 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Nougat 7.0 root
As @Ijaz Farooq answered here :
1- Twrp https://dl.twrp.me/noblelte/ using Odin
2- Use Twrp to flash @dr.ketan custom SuperSU script https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...persu-t3570740
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sympathy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sympathy Ad-Free
21st March 2017, 07:22 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sympathy

As @Ijaz Farooq answered here :
1- Twrp https://dl.twrp.me/noblelte/ using Odin
2- Use Twrp to flash @dr.ketan custom SuperSU script https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...persu-t3570740

Thanks my friend

SM-N920C cihazımdan gönderildi
23rd March 2017, 12:02 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atila35

Thanks my friend

SM-N920C cihazımdan gönderildi

does it works guys have you tried it??
29th March 2017, 08:12 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sympathy

As @Ijaz Farooq answered here :
1- Twrp https://dl.twrp.me/noblelte/ using Odin
2- Use Twrp to flash @dr.ketan custom SuperSU script https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...persu-t3570740

I tried and work 100%.
Note 5 SM-N920C
1) I download Twrp from https://dl.twrp.me/noblelte/twrp-3.1...e.img.tar.html
2) Use Twrp to flash @dr.ketan custom SuperSU script https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...persu-t3570740 (I download the attachment). and copy it to your phone to install it later.
3) I download Odin3 and open it
4) power off the phone -> then press and hold volume down, home and power button.
5) I plug the phone to PC then a blue icon will appear in the Odin that means is connected.
6) I click AP and I choose Twrp that I downloaded in 1.
7) the phone will restart and if not boot you have to click and hold (up and down volume button, menu, and power button) until the phone shutdown then clicks and hold up volume, home, and power button. twrp will start and select something by sliding to left then click install. and choose the zip file that downloaded in 2 then reboot the device and will root and work inshallah.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mtref For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mtref Ad-Free
3rd April 2017, 08:29 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtref

I tried and work 100%.
Note 5 SM-N920C
1) I download Twrp from https://dl.twrp.me/noblelte/twrp-3.1...e.img.tar.html
2) Use Twrp to flash @dr.ketan custom SuperSU script https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...persu-t3570740 (I download the attachment). and copy it to your phone to install it later.
3) I download Odin3 and open it
4) power off the phone -> then press and hold volume down, home and power button.
5) I plug the phone to PC then a blue icon will appear in the Odin that means is connected.
6) I click AP and I choose Twrp that I downloaded in 1.
7) the phone will restart and if not boot you have to click and hold (up and down volume button, menu, and power button) until the phone shutdown then clicks and hold up volume, home, and power button. twrp will start and select something by sliding to left then click install. and choose the zip file that downloaded in 2 then reboot the device and will root and work inshallah.

Does this method reset the phone? I mean all user data and apks are wiped out?
6th April 2017, 09:26 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
I flashed twrp 3 times but no luck, anyone having same issue? I still get normal recovery mode and no twrp.

P.S I got pass on all 3 times.
6th April 2017, 05:26 PM |#8  
Jack_Surfer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gdansk
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1119

I flashed twrp 3 times but no luck, anyone having same issue? I still get normal recovery mode and no twrp.

P.S I got pass on all 3 times.

1. The only option ticked in Odin should be F. Reset Time - NO "Restart"!!!!!
2. Flash with no automatic reboot.
3. Without rebooting the device after flashing TWRP (!!!!), you have to boot into TWRP recovery in a special way (!!!!).
To do this, press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power key on your device,
as soon as the screen goes black, immediately switch the key from Volume Down to Volume Up
while having the Power + Home Key pressed.
This will take you to the TWRP recovery.

It worked for me

Then afterwards you always get to TWRP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack_Surfer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jack_Surfer Ad-Free
7th April 2017, 01:59 AM |#9  
cachanilla86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexicali
Thanks Meter: 839
 
Donate to Me
More
Could this method Work on a Sprint Note5? I dont feel very confident to downgradr to Marshmallow.
7th April 2017, 05:11 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Surfer

1. The only option ticked in Odin should be F. Reset Time - NO "Restart"!!!!!
2. Flash with no automatic reboot.
3. Without rebooting the device after flashing TWRP (!!!!), you have to boot into TWRP recovery in a special way (!!!!).
To do this, press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power key on your device,
as soon as the screen goes black, immediately switch the key from Volume Down to Volume Up
while having the Power + Home Key pressed.
This will take you to the TWRP recovery.

It worked for me

Then afterwards you always get to TWRP.

Thanks that worked
7th April 2017, 07:02 AM |#11  
Jack_Surfer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gdansk
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1119

Thanks that worked

Good

I was released too when it worked for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes