FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD]Add Mobile Data Toggle(And Others) To Quick Settings in Note 5

1,122 posts
Thanks Meter: 893

By bogarty, Senior Member on 4th April 2017, 04:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaimer: T-Mobile always removes this and did again with the new Nougat update. I'm not sure if any other carriers may have removed this too, but I've placed this in the general Note 5 thread just in case. Unfortunately, I've received quite a bit of short minded ridicule on this subject from people from other service providers who can't possibly imagine that another variant of the Note 5 might actually be different than theirs. So, if you're version of Note 5 has the mobile data toggle standard in quick settings then there is really no reason for you to comment on this thread with negative remarks or unhelpful things like, "I have it on mine". Hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but I ran into some real jerks on this one and really don't care to hear from any more. After all, I'm just on here to help. Any positive feedback you might have though is quite welcome.
------------------
Hey guys! For some reason the last couple of roms I've had with T_Mobile didn't have a toggle for mobile data in the quick settings menu. Just in case others are having this issue as well I've decided to add a short tutorial on how to add that toggle and others manually, since the old method of doing this is no longer valid. In older versions of Android you had to use "SQLite Editor" to modify the Settings app in order to add this toggle, but it no longer works like that in more recent versions of Android. This method will require root, but there is also a link to a non-root method at the bottom of this post for those who need it. Anyhow...

Here is a quick explanation of how to fix this issue on the Note 5.

Root Method:

1) Open up a root browser like "ES File Explorer".

2) Navigate to the "/system/csc/" folder and tap on "others.xml" to open it with "ES Note Editor".

3) Search for "CSCFeature_SystemUI_ConfigDefQuickSettingItem ".
(The wording of this may be slightly different on your device.)

4) Add the term "MobileData" to the end of the list of quick settings items that are inside the brackets(). Make sure to separate it from the other items with a comma(,).
(You can of course add other Quick Settings items in this same way too.)

5) Then just reboot the device for the changes to take effect.

Non-Root Method(provided by @MishaalRahman):
https://www.xda-developers.com/how-t...alaxy-devices/

Please be sure to hit the "Thanks" or Donate button below if this helped you out!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bogarty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogarty Ad-Free

4th April 2017, 04:09 PM |#2  
Flag Houten
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Wondering what phone ure using since i have that toggle stock in my quick settings

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N920C met Tapatalk
4th April 2017, 04:13 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 379

More
Ive always had it on my n920g 😕
4th April 2017, 04:15 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Bro you one of my friends 😁 but really 🤣🤣🤣😊😂😂😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G9287C using Tapatalk
4th April 2017, 04:15 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDreamliner

Wondering what phone ure using since i have that toggle stock in my quick settings

SM-N920T, though I'm using a custom rom currently based on the S7 Edge which doesn't have it. Some will already have it though yes. Many others will not. This is the 3rd Samsung phone I've had where this has been an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatariaMax

Bro you one of my friends but really 🤣🤣🤣k

I fail to see why this is so ridiculous. Many roms do not have it. You can always unadd me if you want btw.
4th April 2017, 04:20 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogarty

SM-N920T, though I'm using a custom rom currently based on the S7 Edge which doesn't have it. Some will already have it though yes. Many others will not. This is the 3rd Samsung phone I've had where this has been an issue.

Screw tmobile

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogarty

I fail to see why this is so ridiculous. Many roms do not have it. You can always unadd me if you want btw. :P

It is a csc thing all roms have it

4th April 2017, 04:34 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatariaMax

It is a csc thing all roms have it

Not all roms have it or I wouldn't be posting this. Also, it hasn't always been a CSC thing as I mentioned in the OP. You used to have to do it like this, so some may not know.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=43042030
My current rom did not have it. Many other people's roms do not have it. Some versions of the stock firmware for different devices do not have it. Maybe next time don't just assume you know everything right off the bat.
The Following User Says Thank You to bogarty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bogarty Ad-Free
4th April 2017, 05:16 PM |#8  
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 1,874

More
Doh! I've been slacking, sorry guys. You can do this without root, BTW, and I promised another user I would share a tutorial on it on XDA's main page, but I've been busy with other articles.
The Following User Says Thank You to MishaalRahman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MishaalRahman Ad-Free
6th April 2017, 08:27 PM |#9  
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 1,874

More
Tutorial for non-root method is up: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-t...alaxy-devices/
The Following User Says Thank You to MishaalRahman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MishaalRahman Ad-Free
6th April 2017, 09:14 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaalRahman

Tutorial for non-root method is up: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-t...alaxy-devices/

Thank you!
8th April 2017, 01:33 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Let's compile a list of all possible Quick Select tiles.
Let's compile a list of all possible Quick Select tiles, as we might discover some new ones on different models.

Here's my Samsung G930F
AirplaneMode,Bluetooth,Location,Nfc,Wifi,Flashligh t,RotationLock,PowerSaving,SilentMode,Sync,MobileD ata,DormantMode,UltraPowerSaving,WifiHotspot,Perso nalMode,AllShareCast,Aod,SFinder,WifiCalling
The Following User Says Thank You to billa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift billa Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
data, mod, quick settings, samsung, toggle

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)