Wifi Problem : Stuck on "turning on" on SM-N9208

Search This thread

pauleong9521

Sep 3, 2016
Greetings XDA community, recently I've been facing a problem regarding my wifi which is stuck on "turning on" hence, it cannot be turned on from the toggle and the settings. This problem first appeared while I was in a custom rom. So I decided to revert back to stock firmware which temporarily solved the problem. After a while, the problem returned and doing some factory resets and clearing of cache didn't help. Other troubleshooting steps I've done so far :
a) Toggle airplane mode
b) Delete a wifi config file(I can't remember the name) using root explorer.
c) Turn on mobile data tethering
d) Flash a different Kernel
e) Downgrade from Nougat to MM
f) Reset network settings
g) Reboot/Poweroff for 5 minutes

Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, how were you able to get the wifi to work? Thanks in advance.

Metabolic12

Oct 12, 2016
Erie, CO
Greetings XDA community, recently I've been facing a problem regarding my wifi which is stuck on "turning on" hence, it cannot be turned on from the toggle and the settings. This problem first appeared while I was in a custom rom. So I decided to revert back to stock firmware which temporarily solved the problem. After a while, the problem returned and doing some factory resets and clearing of cache didn't help. Other troubleshooting steps I've done so far :
a) Toggle airplane mode

Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, how were you able to get the wifi to work? Thanks in advance.

Go back to your stock rom and root it. Then get a root file explorer and go into System then into etc and copy the "Wi-Fi" folder and place it somewhere safe. Then go back to whatever rom your on now and put that Wi-Fi folder in the same spot. Delete the folder before you place the one from stock and give it 0755 permissions. Reboot and you're good.

Reactions: pauleong9521

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a) Toggle airplane mode

Go back to your stock rom and root it. Then get a root file explorer and go into System then into etc and copy the "Wi-Fi" folder and place it somewhere safe. Then go back to whatever rom your on now and put that Wi-Fi folder in the same spot. Delete the folder before you place the one from stock and give it 0755 permissions. Reboot and you're good.