FORUMS

[ROM][N920T] CyanogenMod 13 ALPHA

1,122 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,603

By RaymanFX, Inactive Recognized Developer on 16th December 2016, 10:07 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Issues:
  • Camcorder only works with Footej App
  • HW video decoding does not work (falling back to ffmpeg right now)
  • ...?

Things that need to be improved:
  • Move to OSS audio driver again (works for everything but incall audio, problem might be with libsecril-client, reverse engineering that library...)
  • Full Exynos display IP acceleration
  • Move to Mali R7P0 Marshmallow drivers (currently not working because Samsung made changes to private_handle_t in Marshmallow that need to be reverse engineered)
  • Clean up hacks needed for camera (scene mode override in frameworks/av)
  • ...?

GIT repos:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod?utf8=...query=noblelte

NOTE: You *must* first flash official Marshmallow before flashing CyanogenMod 13!
Downloads:
Build 1

Builds can be flashed by your favorite recovery.

If you like my work, please consider donating a few bucks, it will help buying new devices and maintaining them (Most probably Exynos ones that no one else likes doing AOSP development on).

A *huge* shoutout to Javi Ferrer, macs18max, gladiac and others!
Without you guys the Exynos Open Source platform on CyanogenMod would not be where it is today.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Contributors
RaymanFX
Source Code: http://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-12-16
Last Updated 2016-12-16
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to RaymanFX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RaymanFX Ad-Free
17th December 2016, 02:46 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
If we keep working on this, we may get a fully working CM13/14.1 build by Q1 2017
Hopefully this doesn't get taken down like all other CM13 projects and Skyhigh kernel.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Edusa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Edusa Ad-Free
17th December 2016, 02:22 PM |#3  
Flag Ciudad Obregón
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does it work with sm-n920g ?
17th December 2016, 04:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juadolfob

I don't know if it work with N920G but i tried it on my N920L and i can't even flash it. TWRP never finish flashing the file and i ended up turning off the phone. If you want to try flashing it i recommend backing up first.
17th December 2016, 04:36 PM |#5  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 16,603

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edusa

If we keep working on this, we may get a fully working CM13/14.1 build by Q1 2017
Hopefully this doesn't get taken down like all other CM13 projects and Skyhigh kernel.

I already have 14.1 running (actually I had 14.0 since Nougat came out), but there are some added instabilities.
I'd rather spend time on fixing our open source gralloc so we can use the camera with that and finally move on to the proper R7P0 Mali Marshmallow blobs.
Samsung will probably drop official Nougat by then, which will make it easier for me to debug and reverse engineer.
In fact, I just fixed a really nasty bug in gralloc (which would lead to segfaults aka system crashes if you play 2-3 videos): https://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/177606

And no, this won't ever be taken down
Apart from providing the full kernel source, the whole platform is available for anyone to download and build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juadolfob

I honestly don't know (can't test on anything but my N920T), but you can give it a shot I suppose?
Just be sure to edit the updater-script of the zip file to remove the version check in recovery.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RaymanFX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RaymanFX Ad-Free
17th December 2016, 06:28 PM |#6  
Flag Lees Summit
Thanks Meter: 55

Donate to Me
More
Just flashed! One of the quickest roms to flash! Everything works so far! TYSM
17th December 2016, 06:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Does the in-call audio works for N920T?

Sent from my SM-N920T using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to kkk121 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kkk121 Ad-Free
17th December 2016, 10:12 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Everything's working outa the box, FINALLY I GOT CM13 ON MY NOTE 5
The Following User Says Thank You to Awfull For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Awfull Ad-Free
18th December 2016, 01:53 AM |#9  
Flag Spartanburg
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkk121

Does the in-call audio works for N920T?

Sent from my SM-N920T using XDA-Developers mobile app

yes call audio works with tmobile as everything works that ive tryed good work man .
The Following User Says Thank You to fowler82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fowler82 Ad-Free
18th December 2016, 02:00 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Is it possible to get s6edge+support? I like using the soft keys, lol. Great work, love the rom
18th December 2016, 04:46 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Everything works ....I LOVE YOU MAN keep up the great work
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread