/*Your warranty is now void, not that you had one anyway. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * A lot.
Renouveau is an aftermarket Android firmware designed to renew your Android experience, with popular bases driving it all for customization, performance, and stability.
Renouveau has only existed for a few months now, so please be patient as the kinks get worked out and everything you could ever want and more is brought to the surface for your eyes to see (on your phone anyway).
All the source code for Renouveau is available from the Renouveau GitHub organization. Any changes made from the original ResurrectionRemix and LineageOS bases can be found here.
Additionally, the source code for the prebuilt kernel (soon to be included as part of Renouveau) can be found here.
- In-call audio on US-variant devices (see Patches down below)
MTPMay be fixed now according to some users, needs testing and feedback GateKeeperService (currently cannot be acquired by LockSettingsService, which prevents users from using security methods such as PINs and therefore prevents users from enrolling biometrics such as fingerprints)May be fixed now according to some users, needs testing and feedback
- If you install a recent OpenGApps build, Google's Setup Wizard may crash while adding the finishing touches
- Pre-installed Firefox will always crash (due to a bug Mozilla has yet to fix when the context of the app is in /system/priv-app until you update the app via a more recent APK or the Play Store)
- F-Droid still exists (oops)
- ViperFX will still want to install its driver despite the driver shipping with Renouveau, just give it root access to reinstall the driver and then you can revoke root access again if you wish
- Capacitive Buttons
(only if you have previously-enrolled biometrics from before the GateKeeperService bug was introduced)(see above)
- Notification LED
- Video Playback
- Wi-Fi Hotspot (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Experimental: G92XUS devices
- Experimental: G92X devices
If your model is not listed as being supported above but the ROM works for your variant of the SM-N920* series or the SM-G92** series, please tell me! I'll be happy to support it.
NOTE: Before downloading Renouveau, please check to make sure your device is an SM-N920T. If it is not, you will have to follow an additional set of steps in order to be able to flash the downloaded ZIP. Otherwise, you will receive an error about this ROM not being for your device.
The additional steps, to be done after downloading the latest version of Renouveau:
- Open the downloaded ZIP file in your favorite archive software (such as 7-Zip, WinRAR, or good ol' File Explorer)
- Inside of the ZIP, navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android
- Drag the updater-script file to someplace you can access easily (such as your desktop)
- Open the extracted updater-script file with your favorite text editor (such as Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime Text 3, etc)
- On the very first line, you should see some text that looks like this:Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "nobleltetmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "nobleltetmo" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: nobleltetmo; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););Code:
- Save the file
- Drag the edited file back into the same location inside of the ZIP, and overwrite the changes if it asks you to
- Use this edited ZIP to finish the installation/update instructions
- Download the latest version of Renouveau v9.0 from the given releases page
- Download the latest version of the Helios for AOSP 9.0 kernel from the given releases page
- Download the latest version of OpenGApps (ARM64/9.0/nano) or a synonymous microG package (optional)
- Download the latest version of Magisk (optional)
- Reboot into recovery mode (support for recovery issues will only be provided for TWRP)
- Flash Renouveau
- Flash OpenGApps/microG (optional)
- Flash the prebuilt kernel (if you're not using SM-G920F)
- Reboot into Renouveau and set up your device
- Reboot back into recovery mode, flash Magisk, and then reboot back into Renouveau (optional, but recommended for additional functionality not available without Magisk)
Renouveau (SM-N920T): Releases for Renouveau
Kernel (SM-N920*/SM-G92**): Releases for Helios for AOSP9.0
In-call audio patch for US-variant N920* devices: nobleus audio test.zip
In-call audio patch for US-variant G92** devices: zerous audio test.zip
Social Media (*):
- The ResurrectionRemix Team for their amazing work adding the great customizations that Renouveau can extend upon
- The LineageOS Project for the beautiful performance and stability introduced to the stock AOSP bases
- @enesuzun2002 for bringing NexusOS to the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, for which the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 wouldn't have such a stable infrastructure for custom ROMs
- @ananjaser1211 for the original Helios kernel sources that I was able to port from OneUI to AOSP 9.0, as well as the patches being used for nobleus and zerous in-call audio testing
- @Lunarixus for the flashable packaging of the nobleus and zerous in-call audio testing patches
- @DqrKn3Zz for the flashable packaging of the Helios for AOSP9.0 kernel
Renouveau, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Source Code: https://github.com/RenouveauOS
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: ResurrectionRemix
Last Updated 2019-09-17