FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][OFFICIAL][9.0.0_r47] Renouveau v9.0 (N920*/G92**)

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from JoshuaDoes: Welcome to Renouveau, an aftermarket Android firmware designed to renew your Android experience. Now with HWC!

Code:
/*Your warranty is now void, not that you had one anyway.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
* A lot.

Renouveau Logo

Introduction

Renouveau is an aftermarket Android firmware designed to renew your Android experience, with popular bases driving it all for customization, performance, and stability.

AOSP

LineageOS

ResurrectionRemix

Renouveau

Renouveau has only existed for a few months now, so please be patient as the kinks get worked out and everything you could ever want and more is brought to the surface for your eyes to see (on your phone anyway).

Source Code

All the source code for Renouveau is available from the Renouveau GitHub organization. Any changes made from the original ResurrectionRemix and LineageOS bases can be found here.

Additionally, the source code for the prebuilt kernel (soon to be included as part of Renouveau) can be found here.

Known Issues:
  • In-call audio on US-variant devices (see Patches down below)
  • MTP May be fixed now according to some users, needs testing and feedback
  • GateKeeperService (currently cannot be acquired by LockSettingsService, which prevents users from using security methods such as PINs and therefore prevents users from enrolling biometrics such as fingerprints) May be fixed now according to some users, needs testing and feedback
  • If you install a recent OpenGApps build, Google's Setup Wizard may crash while adding the finishing touches
  • Pre-installed Firefox will always crash (due to a bug Mozilla has yet to fix when the context of the app is in /system/priv-app until you update the app via a more recent APK or the Play Store)
  • F-Droid still exists (oops)
  • ViperFX will still want to install its driver despite the driver shipping with Renouveau, just give it root access to reinstall the driver and then you can revoke root access again if you wish

Working:
  • Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Camcorder
  • Camera
  • Capacitive Buttons
  • Data
  • Fingerprint (only if you have previously-enrolled biometrics from before the GateKeeperService bug was introduced) (see above)
  • GPS
  • HWC
  • Microphone
  • Notification LED
  • Rotation
  • S-Pen
  • Sensors
  • Torch
  • Video Playback
  • Wi-Fi
  • Wi-Fi Hotspot (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz)

Supported Models:
  • SM-G920F
  • SM-G928X
  • SM-N920T/W8/P
  • SM-N920X
  • SM-N9208
  • Experimental: G92XUS devices
  • Experimental: G92X devices

If your model is not listed as being supported above but the ROM works for your variant of the SM-N920* series or the SM-G92** series, please tell me! I'll be happy to support it.

Install Instructions:

NOTE: Before downloading Renouveau, please check to make sure your device is an SM-N920T. If it is not, you will have to follow an additional set of steps in order to be able to flash the downloaded ZIP. Otherwise, you will receive an error about this ROM not being for your device.

The additional steps, to be done after downloading the latest version of Renouveau:
  • Open the downloaded ZIP file in your favorite archive software (such as 7-Zip, WinRAR, or good ol' File Explorer)
  • Inside of the ZIP, navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android
  • Drag the updater-script file to someplace you can access easily (such as your desktop)
  • Open the extracted updater-script file with your favorite text editor (such as Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime Text 3, etc)
  • On the very first line, you should see some text that looks like this:
    Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "nobleltetmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "nobleltetmo" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: nobleltetmo; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
    Remove this line such that the first line instead says this:
    Code:
    ui_print("Target: Samsung/nobleltetmo/nobleltetmo:9/PQ3A.190801.002/eng.joshua.20190914.154326:userdebug/test-keys");
  • Save the file
  • Drag the edited file back into the same location inside of the ZIP, and overwrite the changes if it asks you to
  • Use this edited ZIP to finish the installation/update instructions
  1. Download the latest version of Renouveau v9.0 from the given releases page
  2. Download the latest version of the Helios for AOSP 9.0 kernel from the given releases page
  3. Download the latest version of OpenGApps (ARM64/9.0/nano) or a synonymous microG package (optional)
  4. Download the latest version of Magisk (optional)
  5. Reboot into recovery mode (support for recovery issues will only be provided for TWRP)
  6. Flash Renouveau
  7. Flash OpenGApps/microG (optional)
  8. Flash the prebuilt kernel (if you're not using SM-G920F)
  9. Reboot into Renouveau and set up your device
  10. Reboot back into recovery mode, flash Magisk, and then reboot back into Renouveau (optional, but recommended for additional functionality not available without Magisk)

Downloads:

Renouveau (SM-N920T): Releases for Renouveau
Kernel (SM-N920*/SM-G92**): Releases for Helios for AOSP9.0

Patches:

In-call audio patch for US-variant N920* devices: nobleus audio test.zip
In-call audio patch for US-variant G92** devices: zerous audio test.zip

Social Media (*):

Credits:
  • The ResurrectionRemix Team for their amazing work adding the great customizations that Renouveau can extend upon
  • The LineageOS Project for the beautiful performance and stability introduced to the stock AOSP bases
  • @enesuzun2002 for bringing NexusOS to the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, for which the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 wouldn't have such a stable infrastructure for custom ROMs
  • @ananjaser1211 for the original Helios kernel sources that I was able to port from OneUI to AOSP 9.0, as well as the patches being used for nobleus and zerous in-call audio testing
  • @Lunarixus for the flashable packaging of the nobleus and zerous in-call audio testing patches
  • @DqrKn3Zz for the flashable packaging of the Helios for AOSP9.0 kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
Renouveau, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Contributors
JoshuaDoes
Source Code: https://github.com/RenouveauOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: ResurrectionRemix

Version Information

Created 2019-06-24
Last Updated 2019-09-17
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190624-004912_Updater.png
Views:	9064
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	4781907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190623-160011_Niagara_Launcher.png
Views:	8930
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	4781908   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190623-160107.png
Views:	8838
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	4781909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190621-223701_LineageOS_Settings.png
Views:	8540
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	4781910  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JoshuaDoes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoshuaDoes Ad-Free
24th June 2019, 07:07 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Please support for N920W8
Please add support for N920W8 canadian carrier, i will post you my boot.img or any file to help support the note 5 canadian model.

Thabks!
24th June 2019, 07:11 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Chester, South Carolina

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manikar

Please add support for N920W8 canadian carrier, i will post you my boot.img or any file to help support the note 5 canadian model.

Thabks!

It may be possible that it already works for you! The only way to find out is to attempt to follow the install instructions and see if it boots. Before doing so, make sure to back up your device and then wipe data, system, cache, and dalvik/art cache. If you get a stable install running and can do your usual daily tasks, I'll make sure to add the N920W8 to the list of supported devices.

Good luck!
24th June 2019, 04:21 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quick boot and smooth home launcher. But My device cant find the sim (Note 5 N920T - sim VIETNAMESE)
24th June 2019, 05:46 PM |#5  
Flag Tuxtla Gutierrez
Thanks Meter: 779

Donate to Me
More
The Bluetooth works very well on the N920G in both Floyd V2 and my builds of crDroid and Resurrection Remix, I do not know why not on the N920T.

Btw, Enes bringed up AOSP 9 for the Galaxy S6, not the Edge+ version & Khoailang2005 was the first to bring AOSP 9 kernel for N5, so, JijonHyuni take his idea an continue with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to DqrKn3Zz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DqrKn3Zz Ad-Free
24th June 2019, 08:54 PM |#6  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonXoan

Quick boot and smooth home launcher. But My device cant find the sim (Note 5 N920T - sim VIETNAMESE)

Are there any custom ROMs where your device can find the SIM? If so, a link to the custom ROM would be helpful!
24th June 2019, 08:55 PM |#7  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzPr0o117

The Bluetooth works very well on the N920G in both Floyd V2 and my builds of crDroid and Resurrection Remix, I do not know why not on the N920T.

Btw, Enes bringed up AOSP 9 for the Galaxy S6, not the Edge+ version & Khoailang2005 was the first to bring AOSP 9 kernel for N5, so, JijonHyuni take his idea an continue with it.

I'll go ahead and update the credits section, thank you!
24th June 2019, 09:09 PM |#8  
Flag Tuxtla Gutierrez
Thanks Meter: 779

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaDoes

I'll go ahead and update the credits section, thank you!

No problem, also your rom boot and runs very well on this device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190624-125313_Trebuchet.jpg
Views:	2786
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	4782262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190624-125243_Trebuchet.jpg
Views:	2824
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	4782263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190624-125304_Configuracion.png
Views:	2772
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	4782267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190624-125207_Configuracion.png
Views:	2680
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	4782268  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DqrKn3Zz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DqrKn3Zz Ad-Free
24th June 2019, 09:13 PM |#9  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzPr0o117

No problem, also your rom boot and runs very well on this device.

Glad to hear it boots! One thing I am looking for is translators, I don't want an English-only translation for anything I add :c
25th June 2019, 06:45 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaDoes

It may be possible that it already works for you! The only way to find out is to attempt to follow the install instructions and see if it boots. Before doing so, make sure to back up your device and then wipe data, system, cache, and dalvik/art cache. If you get a stable install running and can do your usual daily tasks, I'll make sure to add the N920W8 to the list of supported devices.

Good luck!

Hi,

It boots up when i flash the hyper kernel after flashing the rom.

bugs:
- In call audio is not working, when i call someone and its just blank no sound and hang up the Dialer with a beep and same with incoming call!

whats working:
-Bluetooth work fine on N920W8 and everything works fine except in-call audio.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To do:
-I think the main culprit is with the kernel it is not designed for our mobiles but instead it is made for all other samsung note 5 models.
-Please make some changes or build kernel and add support for N920W8 & N920T.
The Following User Says Thank You to manikar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manikar Ad-Free
25th June 2019, 06:57 AM |#11  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manikar

Hi,

It boots up when i flash the hyper kernel after flashing the rom.

bugs:
- In call audio is not working, when i call someone and its just blank no sound and hang up the Dialer with a beep and same with incoming call!

whats working:
-Bluetooth work fine on N920W8 and everything works fine except in-call audio.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To do:
-I think the main culprit is with the kernel it is not designed for our mobiles but instead it is made for all other samsung note 5 models.
-Please make some changes or build kernel and add support for N920W8 & N920T.

Thank you for the feedback!

Unfortunately I haven't self-developed any piece of the kernel behind this, but maybe I can try and work some things out, but who knows. I have some ideas I can experiment with, however I don't personally have service on my N920T for testing. I see you've joined the Discord server, so hopefully we can stay in contact on this issue and figure something out!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, lineage, renouveau, resurrectionremix, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)