FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FONT][FLASHABLE] San Francisco (iOS 9.x) + Cocon Light (MODDED)

2,590 posts
Thanks Meter: 934

By v-b-n, Senior Member on 2nd January 2016, 11:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After a long sabbatical from xda, I am back with some of my latest mods.

There are 2 fonts (with variant) in this thread.
1. San Francisco (Official iOS 9.x Font)
a. Variant 1 : Original Untouched with antialiasing and hinting preserved - DOWNLOAD
b. Variant 2 : Rounded Corners + Slightly bolded (with antialiasing and hinting) - DOWNLOAD
c. Variant 3 : Rounded Corners + Slightly bolded + Condensed (with antialiasing and hinting) - DOWNLOAD
2. Cocon Light ... Just because I like it (Modded for size and hinting) - DOWNLOAD
Revert to Stock Note 5 fonts - DOWNLOAD

Download and flash in any N5 recovery like TWRP/CWM.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NORMAL AND ROUNDED FONTS
Quote:

Although difference seems subtle, it makes a huge difference in viewing the text on screen.

SCREENSHOTS BELOW
Quote:

San Francisco (Original untouched)

San Francisco (Rounded + Bolder)

San Francisco (Rounded + Bolder + Condensed)

Cocon LIght (Modded)

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to v-b-n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v-b-n Ad-Free

2nd January 2016, 07:13 PM |#2  
Flag Modesto, CA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Is there anyway to install the font without flash? Because I'm using a non-rooted device
The Following User Says Thank You to phuhien0491 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phuhien0491 Ad-Free
3rd January 2016, 12:37 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuhien0491

Is there anyway to install the font without flash? Because I'm using a non-rooted device

You should be able to package into a flipfont ... Haven't tried that in a while ... Will check on it
3rd January 2016, 05:53 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuhien0491

Use HiFont application for unrooted devices !!
3rd January 2016, 02:00 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky986

Use HiFont application for unrooted devices !!

Yes that will work partially ., but it will not change system wide for a cleaner look .. So many places like websites and some apps will still show roboto or condensed form instead of your selected font
4th January 2016, 05:49 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-b-n

Yes that will work partially ., but it will not change system wide for a cleaner look .. So many places like websites and some apps will still show roboto or condensed form instead of your selected font

Yes, You are right VBN. Hi font application is just for those people who dont want to root and change the font.
9th January 2016, 04:24 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Love the Cocon font, but is there a way to make it smaller?
9th January 2016, 05:57 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppEx213

Love the Cocon font, but is there a way to make it smaller?

Give me a percentage smaller and I'll create another version.. Like 30% smaller or something like that
9th January 2016, 06:04 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-b-n

Give me a percentage smaller and I'll create another version.. Like 30% smaller or something like that

20% smaller sounds good
The Following User Says Thank You to AppEx213 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AppEx213 Ad-Free
29th January 2016, 12:42 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi Can you help me? I don't know how to edit the height of the font, I try using San Francisco font but it seem the font really messed up the UI and the spacing height is too wide, I post the screenshot so you can see the difference between the original and the SF one. Can you help me how to change that? I dont know any tools to do that thing. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-29-18-44-50.jpg
Views:	3112
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	3626548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-29-19-21-50.jpg
Views:	3082
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	3626549  
29th January 2016, 03:48 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yusufandrian

Hi Can you help me? I don't know how to edit the height of the font, I try using San Francisco font but it seem the font really messed up the UI and the spacing height is too wide, I post the screenshot so you can see the difference between the original and the SF one. Can you help me how to change that? I dont know any tools to do that thing. Thank you

I am sorry but the screenshots look normal to me .. don't see what you mean by "mess up"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)