AospExtended for Huawei Nova CAN-L11
* Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
1. I'm pretty sure that AEX team is no longer updating the security patch, but probably other guys will do it and submit the changes to them. Don't expect me to update the security patch because i won't. I would do that only for AOSP or LineageOS.
2. Don't report issues related to ROM's features. I'm not gonna fix that.
3. Auto brightness option seems to be missing or i didn't find it. I already have the config in overlay which says that auto brightness is supported and it works on LineageOS (and worked on AEX nougat too. I've took a look at 2-3 device trees from their github, but i didn't find other overlay (or maybe i was blind? lol). I'll look more someday, but it's definitely not my priority since auto brightness is fucking up most of the times anyway.
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based rom which provides stock UI/UX with various customisations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
The features list is from their github. Do note that maybe some device specific features might not be available on Nova (e.g. fingerprint gestures).
-DUI(Fling/Pulse/Smartbar) -DU Font Engine -Substratum Theme Engine Rootless Support -Omni's QSHeaders Background -One Handed UI -MicroG -Grid/GO Recents UI -AppOps -Expanded Desktop -Statusbar Clock/Date Customizations -Dashboard Suggestions/Summaries (Enable/Disable) -Notification Intervals -Increasing Volume in Ringtone -D2S On Navbar -Long Press Back button to Kill App -Dashboard Column Configurations -Detailed Location QS Tile! -Statusbar Traffic Indicators -Notification Count -DT2S On Statusbar and Lockscreen -QS Quick Pulldown -QS Brightness Slider (Enable/Disable) -QS Tiles Animations -Force Expand Notifications (Enable/Disable) -Immersive Mode messages (Enable/Disable) -Flashlight Notifications -Immersive Recents -Toast Icon -MediaScanner Behaviour On Boot -Power Menu Customizations -Additional Battery Saver steps -Volume Rocker Tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode) -Fingerprint and Edge Gestures Support -QS Haptic Feedback -One Tap Data & Wifi Tile -Auto Brightness Icon Toggle -Breathing Notifications -Clickable Clock and Date in Statusbar Header -Long Press Gear Icon in Statusbar Header Launches Extensions -Show 4G instead LTE switch -Night Mode QS Tile -Long press Caffeine Tile Action -Customize QS Rows/Columns -Customize small QS Tiles -StatusBar Brightness Control -Lockscreen Shortcut -Quick Unlock for PIN/Password -Battery Styles and Percentage -Navbar QS Tile -Flip Button Animation -Unlink Notification Volume -Status bar Clock Seconds -Partial Screenshot Type -Screenshot Delay -Via/Jelly Browser -Retro Music Player -Pixel's UI, Ringtones, Launcher, and Wallpapers -Camera Sound Toggle -Advanced Ambient Display Customizations -Smart Pixels -Longpress Power Button on Lockscreen for Torch -Disable FC -Wakelock Blocker -Toggle Lockscreen Media Art -Toggle Lockscreen Music Visualizer -Ticker -Disable QS on Lockscreen -Toggle Dynamic Notification Card's Color -Low Battery Notification Toggle -Hide Clock/Date/Alarm Text from Lockscreen -Lockscreen Clock's Font Customizations -Weather on Lockscreen -AEXPapers -Heads up Customizations -DU's HW Button Rebinding -Button Backlight Customizations -Recents Clear All FAB button and Re-positioning -Recents Free Ram bar -Custom Carrier label -Dynamic Navbar -Paranoid Android PIE Controls -Pocket Lock & Pocket Judge (Accidental Touch) -Toggle power menu on Lockscreen -CPU Info Switch -Disable Orange Color in Battery Saver Mode -PiP QS tile -New Pretty Adaptive Icons for included AOSP apps -Run SysUI tuner from Extensions -Built-in Light/Dark/Wallpaper-Based and EXTENDED UI Support
Known issues (same as LineageOS 15):
- selinux is permissive
- some saturation issue in camera while it is focusing (it was present on lineage 14 too)
- Huawei Nova CAN-L11 (should work on the other models too)
- Unlocked bootloader ( here's a guide about how to unlock it). If you don't have the unlock key, then you no longer can unlock it. You gotta thank Huawei for not allowing unlocked bootloader anymore.
- TWRP for Oreo.
- Make sure you've updated to EMUI 5 first. I don't mean that you need to be on EMUI 5 now, but that you've updated to EMUI 5 before. I don't know if it works if you were on EMUI 4.
Make sure you meet the requirements listed above.
- Download the ROM and put it on sdcard. If you want GAPPS too, then download MindTheGapps (mirror or Open Gapps too (choose arm64, 8.1 and pico or other variant if you want more gapps).
- Reboot in TWRP by pressing all 3 buttons (Volume UP + Volume Down + Power).
- Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik-cache.
- Flash the ROM from the directory where you've placed it.
- Flash lineage's root addon / GAPPS (OPTIONALLY).
ANDROIDFILEHOST | MEDIAFIRE
Kernel: https://github.com/skinzor/android_k...e/lineage-15.1 (i'll clean the commit history as soon as possible)
You don't have to, but if you like my work and you wish to support the development:
Donate via PayPal:
I would use the money to upgrade my PC, so i can build with my own PC instead relaying on Google Cloud Platform.
forkbomb - IRC
@ Google for their cloud platform and free trial
[ROM][8.1.0][UNOFFICIAL] AospExtended V5.8, ROM for the Huawei Nova/Nova Plus
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader, TWRP
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2018-10-16