FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want Substratum?

Yes!

13 Vote(s)
86.67%
No!

2 Vote(s)
13.33%

[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 [25.05.2018]

3,341 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,838

By #Henkate, Senior Member on 13th November 2017, 08:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from #Henkate: Development has been resumed and is possible thanks to @wangadning who helped me to get a new Nova.

LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei Nova CAN-L11

DISCLAIMER:
Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

NOTES

Quote:

1) If you've found a bug, please report it along with a logcat.
2) If you experience a random reboot, please share /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops.
3) It should work on all models, just like LOS 13.
4) Lineage`s root is included (Settings > Developer Options > Root Access. If you want to install Magisk or something else, please uninstall Lineage`s root by flashing addonsu-remove-14.1-arm64-signed.zip in TWRP before installing Magisk or something else.
5) I would appreciate if you could write the Nova model on which you've flashed LOS14, if your model is other than CAN-L11.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera and Camcorder(video recorder)
  • Video Playback
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Audio ( Recording and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • Fingerprint
  • Notification LED
  • FM Radio
  • GPS
  • NFC
  • Hotspot

What's not working / bugs:
  • Camera is / looks zoomed when recording a video (it seems to be same on stock)
  • HDR?
  • IMS/Volte

Requirements

Quote:

Installation

Quote:

Starting with January 2018 builds you need Nougat /product partition otherwise you'll get bootloop. To get Nougat product partition, you must install / flash EMUI 5 or restore this TWRP backup of Nougat /product partition (more details here). You don't know how to restore that backup? Check the steps from this post.

Make sure you meet the requirements listed above.

1. Download the ROM and put it on sdcard. If you want GAPPS too, then download Open Gapps too (choose arm64, 7.1 and pico).
  2. Reboot in TWRP by pressing all 3 buttons (Volume UP + Volume Down + Power).
  3. Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik-cache.
  4. Flash the ROM from the directory where you've placed it.
  5. Flash GAPPS (OPTIONALLY).
  6. Reboot.

Download

ANDROIDFILEHOST | MEDIAFIRE

Sources

Donations

You don't have to, but if you like my work and you wish to support the development:

Donate via PayPal:
https://www.paypal.me/Henkate
https://forum.xda-developers.com/don....php?u=4471434

I would use the money to upgrade my PC, so i can build with my own PC instead relaying on Google Cloud Platform.

Credits

@Grarak
@gt_o
@abhishek987
@crpalmer
@FrozenCow
@franciscofranco
@flar2
@Sultanxda
@zx2c4
@ Google for their cloud platform and free trial
@ LineageOS
@ Huawei

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 [25.05.2018], ROM for the Huawei Nova/Nova Plus

Contributors
#Henkate, Grarak, gt_o
Source Code: https://github.com/skinzor/android_k...awei_msm8953-1

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader, TWRP

Version Information

Created 2017-11-13
Last Updated 2018-05-25
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to #Henkate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift #Henkate Ad-Free

13th November 2017, 08:48 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag フェアリーテイル

Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Changelog

25 May 2018
Quote:

* security patch level 5 May 2018

The development has been resumed and is possible thanks to @wangdaning who helped me to get a new Nova. Thank you!

15 February 2018
Quote:

Read this small, but important F.A.Q.

* synced Lineage sources
* security patch level 5 February 2018
* switched to enforcing selinux

25 January 2018
Quote:

ROM

* synced Lineage sources
* security patch level 05.01.2018
* fixed in-call volume slider, mic/sound recorder (it's louder now) thanks to @gt_o. Read more here.
* updated audio configs to B382 and synced few audio props with stock ones
* show "HUAWEI NOVA" instead "Android" when phone is plugged to PC
* removed substratum support.
* added two blobs to fix two errors in logcat
* added the missing device_qcom_common (i don't know how i haven't noticed that till now lol). Now there are 5 profiles: powersave, efficiency, balanced (default), quick and performance. This can be configured at battery settings. As an idea, the powersave profile seems to turn off 3 cores (the cores doesn't seems to turn on when there is a high load though), while the performace one sets all cores to 2ghz. The power hal being used is the one of msm8937, which is also an octa core CPU. This is defined in the power hal's makefile on Lineage's repo (if the processor is msm8953, use the power hal of msm8937). I recommend it to keep the balanced profile (which is enabled by default), but it's up to you.

Kernel

* merged stock kernel source into the CAF one (tag LA.UM.5.6.r1-01300-89xx.0 as this one semeed to be the closest to stock, but also based on the Adreno log)
* got rid of many drivers from Huawei. You can see the commits here. Thanks to @gt_o, huawei's bootfail monitor (HWBFM) has also been removed. Although HWBFM was disabled till now, it was better to get rid of it, to get a cleaner kernel, but also being easier to merge the stock source into CAF.
* cpuset updates (also in ramdisk)
* added WireGuard support, thanks to @zx2c4. WEBSITE | XDA
* removed fsync/crc toggles as it's better to not mess with them

9 December 2017
Quote:

ROM

* synced Lineage sources
* added Substratum support
* fixed blinking mode of notification light
* allow minimum brightness 1 (it was 4 before)
* possibly fixed the power usage reported by bluetooth ( i can't test right now as phone is charging and can;t reset the battery stats)
* Reverted this commit (more details there)

Kernel

* fixed hotspot
* cleaned ramdisk

25 November 2017
Quote:

ROM

* security patch 6 November 2017
* fixed signal icon on 3G (it isnt empty / gray anymore)
* fixed flac audio playback
* updated media configs to N B382
* hide sRGB toggle in developer options
* increased the number of voice call steps from 5 to 8, and media volume steps
from 15 to 20
* increased the handset volume from the default (84) to 88 to improve UX with voice calls
* added ext4 support for /data
* added f2fs support for /cache
* added glove mode (Settings > Display > High touch sensitivity)
* from now on, Lineage`s root is included (Settings > Developer Options > Root Access. If you want to install Magisk or something else, please uninstall Lineage`s root by flashing addonsu-remove-14.1-arm64-signed.zip in TWRP before installing Magisk or something else.

Kernel

* fixed logd/klogd issue (the high cpu usage)
* disabled HUAWEI_DEBUG_MODE config
* added DriveDroid support: allows you to boot your PC from ISO/IMG files stored on your phone [UNTESTED]
* added USB HID gadget support
* CRC toggle; enabled by default (disable it for 30% performance improvement at the risk of data corruption, according to its description)
* FSYNC toggle; enabled by default (disable it to possibly increase performace at the risk of data corruption

13 November 2017
Quote:

* initial release

13th November 2017, 08:48 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag フェアリーテイル

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to #Henkate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift #Henkate Ad-Free
13th November 2017, 11:11 PM |#4  
Flag Campinas
Thanks Meter: 950

More
Dowloanding ^^
As soon as I can, I'll report back =)
13th November 2017, 11:13 PM |#5  
Flag Niš
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thank You #Henkate for keeping Nova alive!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raicevic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raicevic Ad-Free
14th November 2017, 01:48 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi, i was waiting for LOS14 so much, thank you for the hard work <3. I just have a few concerns about the unlocking bootloader/rooting/twrping stuff of my MLA-L11, since noone of the methods has been confirmed to work on that model.. And i simply can't risk a 300 € brick. I'm confident with modding, the method seems crystal clear.. Just asking the Dev if he thinks it should works for me. Also, if i should take some cautions and how. Android 7, EMUI 5, full stock. Of course modding is always a risk, but.. you know what i mean. Thanks in advance, i hope that's not off the topic!
14th November 2017, 03:46 AM |#8  
Flag Wuxi
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Will give it a shot this weekend. I am a teacher and students are doing mid term exams this week, so I kind of need my phone.
14th November 2017, 03:58 AM |#9  
Flag Campinas

More
For some reason, I can't get it to boot. It is on LOS bootanimation and doesn't boot =/ can't even get a log.

Clean format always, I tried with stock open gapps, pico open gapps, without open gapps. It seems something is wrong with my phone.
then i thought the issue could be I'm coming from EMUI 5.
Then I tried to restore bluesmoothie backup and put LOS over it, nothing =/

I don't know why =/
14th November 2017, 06:56 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag フェアリーテイル

Donate to Me
More
To all people: I would appreciate if you could write the Nova model on which you've flashed LOS14, if your model is other than CAN-L11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GertFromTheWell

Hi, i was waiting for LOS14 so much, thank you for the hard work <3. I just have a few concerns about the unlocking bootloader/rooting/twrping stuff of my MLA-L11, since noone of the methods has been confirmed to work on that model.. And i simply can't risk a 300 € brick. I'm confident with modding, the method seems crystal clear.. Just asking the Dev if he thinks it should works for me. Also, if i should take some cautions and how. Android 7, EMUI 5, full stock. Of course modding is always a risk, but.. you know what i mean. Thanks in advance, i hope that's not off the topic!

Hi there!
Thank you too for the kind words!

I don't know if it'll work, but it has been confirmed that MLA-L03 has been unlocked with the same method. Theoretically, it should work on your MLA-L11 too since it's one of MLA series.

Also, the process of unlocking bootloader is "general", it isn't meant only for one or two phones/models. If I'm not mistaken, I think you can't even brick a phone when you're trying to unlock the bootloader.

If you'll unlock the bootloader and by any chance LOS14 isn't booting on your model, you'll have to relock the bootloader, download EMUI 5 firmware from Firmware Finder and install it.

LOS 13 could be flashed from EMUI 5, so it shouldn't matter for LOS 14 neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnom

For some reason, I can't get it to boot. It is on LOS bootanimation and doesn't boot =/ can't even get a log.

Clean format always, I tried with stock open gapps, pico open gapps, without open gapps. It seems something is wrong with my phone.
then i thought the issue could be I'm coming from EMUI 5.
Then I tried to restore bluesmoothie backup and put LOS over it, nothing =/

I don't know why =/

What's your Nova model? I've forgot .

Did you take a look at the recovery log after you're flashing LOS 14 or the output from recovery itself? Does it really gets flashed properly?

LOS 13 could be flashed from EMUI 5 too, so that shouldn't matter neither with LOS 14.

I'll make an eng boot.img later (when I'll get access to PC), so you'll be able to take a logcat during booting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #Henkate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift #Henkate Ad-Free
14th November 2017, 11:01 AM |#11  
Flag Campinas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Henkate

To all people: I would appreciate if you could write the Nova model on which you've flashed LOS14, if your model is other than CAN-L11.

Hi there!
Thank you too for the kind words!

I don't know if it'll work, but it has been confirmed that MLA-L03 has been unlocked with the same method. Theoretically, it should work on your MLA-L11 too since it's one of MLA series.

Also, the process of unlocking bootloader is "general", it isn't meant only for one or two phones/models. If I'm not mistaken, I think you can't even brick a phone when you're trying to unlock the bootloader.

If you'll unlock the bootloader and by any chance LOS14 isn't booting on your model, you'll have to relock the bootloader, download EMUI 5 firmware from Firmware Finder and install it.

LOS 13 could be flashed from EMUI 5, so it shouldn't matter for LOS 14 neither.

What's your Nova model? I've forgot .

Did you take a look at the recovery log after you're flashing LOS 14 or the output from recovery itself? Does it really gets flashed properly?

LOS 13 could be flashed from EMUI 5 too, so that shouldn't matter neither with LOS 14.

I'll make an eng boot.img later (when I'll get access to PC), so you'll be able to take a logcat during booting.

Mine is CAZ-TL10 (chinese). I'll try again (today I won't be able to, maybe thursday or friday) and take the recovery.log which I forgot :/
However, the twrp output was fine. I had some bad lines:
Failed to mount /cust (always have it)
E: unknown command (two lines of this message after flashing the ROM)

Enviado de meu HUAWEI CAN usando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinnom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vinnom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei, lineageos, nova, xda

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)