FORUMS

[ROM][8.1.0][OTA][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 [15.11.2018]

3,484 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,152

By #Henkate, Senior Member on 4th September 2018, 06:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from #Henkate: My Nova is dead! Click this arrow for more informations:

LineageOS 15.1 for Huawei Nova CAN-L11

DISCLAIMER:
Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera and Camcorder(video recorder)
  • Video Playback
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Audio ( Recording and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • Fingerprint
  • Notification LED
  • FM Radio
  • GPS
  • NFC
  • Hotspot

Known issues:
  • some saturation issue in camera while it is focusing (it was present on lineage 14 too)

Requirements

Quote:

• Huawei Nova CAN-L11 (should work on the other models too)
  • Unlocked bootloader ( here's a guide about how to unlock it). If you don't have the unlock key, then you no longer can unlock it. You gotta thank Huawei for not allowing unlocked bootloader anymore.
  • TWRP for Oreo.
  • Make sure you've updated to EMUI 5 first. I don't mean that you need to be on EMUI 5 now, but that you've updated to EMUI 5 before. I don't know if it works if you were on EMUI 4.

Installation

Quote:

Make sure you meet the requirements listed above.

1. Download the ROM and put it on sdcard. Root isn't included in ROM yet. You can grab the lineage addon here (removal addon here). If you want GAPPS too, then download MindTheGapps (mirror or Open Gapps too (choose arm64, 8.1 and pico or other variant if you want more gapps).
  2. Reboot in TWRP by pressing all 3 buttons (Volume UP + Volume Down + Power).
  3. Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik-cache.
  4. Flash the ROM from the directory where you've placed it.
  5. Flash lineage's root addon / GAPPS (OPTIONALLY).
  6. Reboot.

Download

GITHUB | ANDROIDFILEHOST | MEDIAFIRE

Sources

Donations

You don't have to, but if you like my work and you wish to support the development:

1) PayPal:
https://www.paypal.me/Henkate
https://forum.xda-developers.com/don....php?u=4471434

2) Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Henkate
3) WeChat: QR code (id Henkate)

I would use the money to upgrade my PC, so i can build with my own PC instead relaying on Google Cloud Platform.

Thank you to all donators!

Donators list:

Annedore Krauß / @Asbi12 - 33 USD (I've got 31,41 because 1,59 was PayPal fee), 13 August 2017 (that was during lineage 13 days). It was my first donation and I've used that money back then for driving sessions (car school) as I really needed.
Tarik Ben Khayat - 3 EUR, 24 December 2017
Klaus-Peter Ahrenberg - 10 USD (i've got 9,31 because 0,69 was PayPal fee), 7 January 2018
Lucas / @wangdaning - 202,80 EUR (I've got 191,50 because 11,30 was PayPal fee), 17 May 2018. As I've mentioned before several times, he helped me with those money to buy a new Nova, so all the development from me since Oreo is possible thanks to him.
Daniel Kladensky - 10 EUR, 4 July 2018
Ievgen Sobko / @IevgenSobko - 10 USD (i've got 9,23 because 0,77 was PayPal fee), 16 August 2018
Stefano Lucci / @Sting1971 - 10 USD (I've got 9,31 because 0,69 was fee), 8 September 2018
@acerspyro - on 29 October 2018 he set up his Patreon to donate me 8 USD monthly (7 after fee or something) and then raised it to 10 USD (9 after fee).
Steffen Illium - 5 EUR, 4 November 2018
Дементьев Дмитрий - 7 USD (I've got 6,37 because 0,63 was PayPal fee), 5 November 2018
Yohann Juge / @Yohannj - 10 USD (I've got 9,31 because 0,68 WD PayPal fee), 5 November 2018
@YiShanqing - 10 CNY through WeChat (which is about 1,27 euros according to Google), 10 November 2018

Credits

@wangdaning
@abhishek987
@Cozzmy13
@javelinanddart
@highwaystar_ru
@BadDaemon
@_dobo
@LuK1337
@mikeioannina
forkbomb - IRC
@Grarak
@gt_o
@crpalmer
@FrozenCow
@franciscofranco
@flar2
@Sultanxda
@zx2c4
@ Google for their cloud platform and free trial
@ LineageOS
@ Huawei

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][8.1.0][OTA][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 [15.11.2018], ROM for the Huawei Nova/Nova Plus

Contributors
#Henkate
Source Code: https://github.com/skinzor/android_k...e/lineage-15.1

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader, TWRP

Version Information

Created 2018-09-04
Last Updated 2018-12-08
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to #Henkate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift #Henkate Ad-Free
4th September 2018, 06:12 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag フェアリーテイル

Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Changelog

15 November 2018
Quote:

- synced LineageOS sources
- 5 November 2018 security patch
- enforced selinux and addressed more denials
- switch to BFQ scheduler once phone booted
- added power off alarm support: set an alarm and power off the phone. The phone will turn itself on with 1 minute before the alarm is supposed to ring. According to my tests, the alarm will ring after 30 seconds after the phone booted and lockscreen appeared.
- added Wireguard support
- reverted Huawei's change to qcom,bcl and got in-line with CAF: allow BCL to hotplug 4 cores at 10% battery instead 2 cores at 5%
- enabled Westwood TCP congestion; you can switch to it with e.g. Kernel Adiutor
- added vibration control; you can change it with e.g. Kernel Adiutor
- other misc fixes which you can see in the commit history

13 October 2018
Quote:

- synced LineageOS sources
- 5 October 2018 security patch
- added OTA support (using lineage's updater)
- fixed the freezes caused by libqmi_oem_main
- fixed the reboot which was occuring when CPU-Z was opened (also the sensorservice's crash)
- fingerprint will no longer be missing at boot
- updated audio configs (and audio flags), media and wifi configs
- enabled QUOTA feature for userdata partition
- addressed many selinux denials (next build will be enforced)
- other misc fixes which you can see at commit history

4 September 2018
Quote:

* initial release

The Following User Says Thank You to #Henkate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift #Henkate Ad-Free
4th September 2018, 06:12 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag フェアリーテイル

Donate to Me
More
Thanks to @wangdaning!
First of all, let me remind you that this wouldn't have been possible without @wangdaning, at least not from me. He helped me with money to buy a new Nova in order to continue the development. With this occasion, @wangdaning, let me thank you again for trusting and helping me! I really can't thank you enough!

You can dirty flash it over lineage 14, but obviously i don't recommend that.

Happy oreo day! Lol.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to #Henkate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift #Henkate Ad-Free
4th September 2018, 08:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Wow! Thhaaaank you so much! You did miracles with your hard work. I never expected Oreo any more. You did it!
Currently flashed successfuly. Even with a dirty flash everything seems to be very very fine.

Sent from my HUAWEI CAN-L11 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GNUDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GNUDroid Ad-Free
4th September 2018, 08:49 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Installed and working in MLA-L11 all good so far. Wonderfull job @#Henkate thanks for this i really appreciate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imkoma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imkoma Ad-Free
4th September 2018, 10:05 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Project treble support?

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

And yes, thank you so much for all the work that you are doing, without you the smartphone would have died a year ago, I'm very grateful to you for Oreo and I'm waiting for the support of the treble that would go to Pie
The Following User Says Thank You to AssasinAkindinov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AssasinAkindinov Ad-Free
4th September 2018, 10:37 PM |#7  
Flag Wuxi
Thanks Meter: 565

More
Good job @#Henkate I knew you would get this done. Glad I could help you out. I will give this a try this weekend, hehe I am still using this phone until something better comes along. Thanks for the hard work and glad to see you making progress with your dev skills!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wangdaning For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wangdaning Ad-Free
4th September 2018, 11:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This ROM is Amazing!
Thanks Henkate!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Servicios_telefónicos_20180904-145856.png
Views:	3082
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	4588534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Servicios_telefónicos_20180904-145902.jpg
Views:	3022
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	4588535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Administración_de_llamadas_20180904-145919.png
Views:	3004
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	4588536  
The Following User Says Thank You to Alee.se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alee.se Ad-Free
4th September 2018, 11:13 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
One thing, installing CPU-Z and opening the app causes a reboot, hence, everything is excellent!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Servicios_telefónicos_20180904-145856.png
Views:	1768
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	4588544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Servicios_telefónicos_20180904-145902.jpg
Views:	1768
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	4588545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Administración_de_llamadas_20180904-145919.png
Views:	1764
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	4588546  
The Following User Says Thank You to Alee.se For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alee.se Ad-Free
5th September 2018, 05:11 AM |#10  
Flag Campinas
Thanks Meter: 1,152

More
just one question, man.
Did you sent the e-mail? xD

Thanks for your hard work. These past weeks are busy, but as soon as I can, I'll catch up with in telegram ^^

OREO FTW (and then pie when you finish doing it full treble )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinnom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vinnom Ad-Free
5th September 2018, 09:33 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag フェアリーテイル

Donate to Me
More
@GNUDroid, @imkoma, @AssasinAkindinov, @wangdaning, @Alee.se, @Vinnom

Thank you so much for your feedbacks and kind words! That really means a lot to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssasinAkindinov

Project treble support?

As I've said in my previous posts, that will be in the future builds. I need to fix the present issues first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alee.se

One thing, installing CPU-Z and opening the app causes a reboot, hence, everything is excellent!

I've just tested and I can confirm that. I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnom

just one question, man.
Did you sent the e-mail? xD

Not yet hahahah. In case someone doesn't know, I'm planning to e-mail Huawei, to tell them about lineage 15 on Nova, which isn't eligible for Oreo according to them. Although it'll be pointless, I'll do it for fun xD.

Quote:

OREO FTW (and then pie when you finish doing it full treble )

Surely xD.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to #Henkate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift #Henkate Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei nova, lineageos, oreo, xda

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)