[ROM][8.1.0][OTA][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 [15.11.2018]

Search This thread

Insty23

Sep 6, 2018
Dear Henkate, thank you for the rom.
Unfortunately, I have 2 novas, both with broken screen, but who cares)
The ROM is really great and smooth!
An information for you - while flashing I received "Error 7" - what tells us that we are trying to flash rom not suitable for the device, so I had to edit "updater-script" following next instruction: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2522762
For some reason my device was marked as " " - I mean no symbols at all xD

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Dear Henkate, thank you for the rom.
Unfortunately, I have 2 novas, both with broken screen, but who cares)
The ROM is really great and smooth!
An information for you - while flashing I received "Error 7" - what tells us that we are trying to flash rom not suitable for the device, so I had to edit "updater-script" following next instruction: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2522762
For some reason my device was marked as " " - I mean no symbols at all xD

Thank you for your feedback!
What's your Nova model? Maybe I'll just get rid of that assert.

Reactions: Klulu

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Device and vendor trees are up!

DEVICE AND VENDOR TREES ARE UP!

I've cleaned the commit history of device and vendor trees and i've uploaded them to github. Check out the first post or simply go to my github. Feel free to contribute. In case you're planning to build a ROM and share it here on XDA, please keep in mind that i'm gonna build AEX. I've announced that i'm planning to build AEX Oreo since long time ago.

As a side note, i've still kept some camera commits in device tree from the days i was trying to get it working with the stock camera blob, but there were much more and even more branches lol.
Also, you might see some commits which were done yesterday or today, but they were actually done earlier (up to 3 months ago or so). The reason they were done yesterday or today is because i've had to make a new commit including e.g. commits where i've fixed a typo.

PS: i still got to clean the commit history of the kernel, but as you already know, i've published that in the day i've published lineage 15 as it's mandatory on XDA. So, please bear the commit history of the kernel for a while xD.

Last edited:

hscnhs

Jan 1, 2018
Everything work fine, but , 2x3, I think it's ugly, can we adjust it to 3x3

Attachments

• Screenshot_CPL_20180907-170036.jpg
    Screenshot_CPL_20180907-170036.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 386

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
Something is still funny with the sources. Like the loop between lineage and the huawei mk files, vendor and device. Will set up my environment again tomorrow. Good work none the less.[/QUOTE]

Keep getting that some makefile is missing. No worries, was just playing around. I really only have an hour or two then come back to it the next day, so most probably I am missing a lot.

added code stuff but it seems to have not gone though in my post. It was:
*** Can not locate config makefile for product "lineage_hwcan"

Last edited:

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Great rom! just when the call is very small, almost inaudible, the ringer volume is small,

Thank you for your feedback!

I'm not really sure what you've meant though. You mean that the in-call volume is low or that when phone is ringing the volume is low? I believe you've meant the first one, but just to make sure.
In-call volume seemed fine to me, but I'll check the logs when possible. As a side note, the in-call volume slider is not working if I'm not mistaken.

One more thing. You'd make it easier for me if you'd upload a logcat too with the issue you're experiencing. Sometimes maybe I'm not able to reproduce the same issue and that would be helpful.
Maybe I'll add a script which takes the needed logs to make it easier for people who doesn't know how to take one, although there's Google.

I'm currently trying to fix the saturation of camera and I need to learn something new within IDA or hex-editing in order to understand how to do the same change which highwaystar did for his blob.

Everything work fine, but , 2x3, I think it's ugly, can we adjust it to 3x3

You can't. You should be able to do such changes on other ROMs, but lineage doesn't have that as far as I can see.

Something is still funny with the sources. Like the loop between lineage and the huawei mk files, vendor and device. Will set up my environment again tomorrow. Good work none the less.

Keep getting that some makefile is missing. No worries, was just playing around. I really only have an hour or two then come back to it the next day, so most probably I am missing a lot.

added code stuff but it seems to have not gone though in my post. It was:
*** Can not locate config makefile for product "lineage_hwcan"

Make sure that:

1) Device tree is in device/huawei/hwcan.
2) Vendor tree in vendor/huawei/hwcan.
3) Kernel source in kernel/huawei/msm8953.

Also, make sure that you've ran:

Code:
. build/envsetup.sh && brunch hwcan

You can also use lunch instead brunch if you want to. If the error still persists even if all those are "matching", then try to run . build/envsetup.sh && lunch and pick a random device. Then run make clean and then try to build for hwcan again.

If you'd like to, I can help you in "real time" if we'll speak on Skype / telegram / IRC.

Regarding adding code in post, you need to use
Code:
code here[ /CODE] (remove the space). It's same for all other tags. You can also add new lines between the tags and the tag will still apply to the new line.

Last edited:

babysocola1x

Feb 21, 2017
Excuse me . Can i ask u a question .
I want to fake gps . Im a driver . ( Grab company ) .
I installed Magisk . Xposed . Grab Driver app working OK .
But when i install any fake gps app . grab driver check and not working any more . With mock mock location module , grab app not working too ....
Any ideas in my cage ???

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Excuse me . Can i ask u a question .
I want to fake gps . Im a driver . ( Grab company ) .
I installed Magisk . Xposed . Grab Driver app working OK .
But when i install any fake gps app . grab driver check and not working any more . With mock mock location module , grab app not working too ....
Any ideas in my cage ???

I'm sorry, but I'm not supporting xposed. As a side note, I've just google-ed the module you've mentioned and I read in the thread that it doesn't supports Oreo...

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
Done some cleaning, this is what I get:
Code:
grimm@grimm ~/android/lineage $ source build/envsetup.sh
including device/generic/car/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-arm64/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-x86_64/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-x86/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/uml/vendorsetup.sh
including device/huawei/hwcan/vendorsetup.sh
sh: 0: Can't open device/huawei/hwcan/patches/apply.sh
including vendor/lineage/vendorsetup.sh
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
grimm@grimm ~/android/lineage $ croot
grimm@grimm ~/android/lineage $ brunch hwcan
Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=8.1.0
LINEAGE_VERSION=15.1-20180907-UNOFFICIAL-hwcan
TARGET_PRODUCT=lineage_hwcan
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION=OPM1
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=generic
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a53
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.13.0-32-generic-x86_64-with-LinuxMint-18.3-sylvia
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=OPM6.171019.030.H1
OUT_DIR=/home/grimm/android/lineage/out
AUX_OS_VARIANT_LIST=
PLATFORM_VERSION=8.1.0
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
ninja: no work to do.
Environment variable BUILD_NUMBER was modified (f3c084e206 => aca0bf3153), regenerating...
[130/1070] including ./device/huawei/hwcan/Android.mk ...
build/core/binary.mk:47: warning: hal3-test-app uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
[1070/1070] including ./vendor/qcom/opensource/rcs-service/Android.mk ...
build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/system/framework/qti-telephony-common.jar'
build/core/base_rules.mk:391: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/system/framework/qti-telephony-common.jar'
build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/vendor/lib/libsdm-disp-apis.so'
build/core/base_rules.mk:391: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/vendor/lib/libsdm-disp-apis.so'
[  0% 61/97000] Building Kernel Headers
FAILED: /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps 
/bin/bash -c "(rm -f /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps ) && (make -j12  CFLAGS_MODULE=\"-fno-pic\" -C kernel/huawei/msm8953 O=/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=\" aarch64-linux-android-\"   headers_install ) && (echo \"/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps: \\\\\" > /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps ) && (( cd kernel/huawei/msm8953; 		if grep -q '^version_h' 'Makefile'; then 			depdirs=\"arch/arm64/include/uapi include/uapi\"; 		else 			depdirs=\"arch/arm64/include/asm include\"; 		fi; 		deps=\"Makefile \$(find \$depdirs -type f -name '*.h')\"; 		for f in \$deps; do 			echo \"  kernel/huawei/msm8953/\$f \\\\\" >> /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps; 		done ; 		echo \"\" >> /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps ; 		for f in \$deps; do 			echo \"kernel/huawei/msm8953/\$f:\" >> /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps; 			echo \"\" >> /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps; 		done 		) )"
make: Entering directory '/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ'
/bin/sh: 1: ./scripts/fetch-latest-wireguard.sh: not found
/usr/bin/env: ‘python2\r’: No such file or directory
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/gcc-goto.sh: line 4: $'\r': command not found
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/gcc-goto.sh: line 21: warning: here-document at line 5 delimited by end-of-file (wanted `END')
  CHK     include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
  INSTALL usr/include/uapi/ (0 file)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/headers_install.sh: line 2: $'\r': command not found
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/headers_install.sh: line 31: syntax error near unexpected token `$'do\r''
'home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/headers_install.sh: line 31: `do
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/uapi/.install' failed
make[2]: *** [usr/include/uapi/.install] Error 2
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  INSTALL usr/include/rdma/ (6 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/media/ (21 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/sound/ (19 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/video/ (5 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/drm/ (18 files)
/bin/sh: 1: /bin/sh: 1: ./scripts/fetch-latest-wireguard.sh: not found
./scripts/fetch-latest-wireguard.sh: not found
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/headers_install.sh: line 2: $'\r': command not found
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/headers_install.sh: line 31: syntax error near unexpected token `$'do\r''
'home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/headers_install.sh: line 31: `do
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/rdma/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/rdma/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'rdma' failed
make[2]: *** [rdma] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/sound/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/sound/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'sound' failed
make[2]: *** [sound] Error 2
/bin/sh: 1: /home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/video/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/video/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'video' failed
make[2]: *** [video] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/mtd/ (5 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/drm/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/drm/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'drm' failed
make[2]: *** [drm] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/mtd/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/mtd/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'mtd' failed
make[2]: *** [mtd] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/xen/ (4 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/media/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/media/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'media' failed
make[2]: *** [media] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/scsi/ (5 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/misc/ (1 file)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/misc/.install' failed
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/scsi/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/misc/.install] Error 2
make[3]: *** [usr/include/scsi/.install] Error 2
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'misc' failed
make[2]: *** [misc] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/scsi/fc/ (4 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/scsi/fc/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/scsi/fc/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'fc' failed
make[3]: *** [fc] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/byteorder/ (2 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/hsi/ (1 file)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/byteorder/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/byteorder/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/hsi/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/hsi/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'byteorder' failed
make[3]: *** [byteorder] Error 2
/bin/sh: 1: make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'hsi' failed
make[3]: *** [hsi] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/can/ (5 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/scsi/ufs/ (2 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/scsi/ufs/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/scsi/ufs/.install] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/caif/ (2 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'ufs' failed
make[3]: *** [ufs] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'scsi' failed
make[2]: *** [scsi] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/can/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/can/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'can' failed
make[3]: *** [can] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/hdlc/ (1 file)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/caif/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/caif/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'caif' failed
make[3]: *** [caif] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/asm-generic/ (35 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/isdn/ (1 file)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/xen/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/xen/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'xen' failed
make[2]: *** [xen] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/mfd/ (1 file)
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/mfd/wcd9xxx/ (2 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/asm-generic/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/asm-generic/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'asm-generic' failed
make[2]: *** [asm-generic] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/hdlc/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/hdlc/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'hdlc' failed
make[3]: *** [hdlc] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/mfd/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/mfd/.install] Error 2
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/isdn/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/isdn/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'isdn' failed
make[3]: *** [isdn] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/mfd/wcd9xxx/.install' failed
make[5]: *** [usr/include/linux/mfd/wcd9xxx/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'wcd9xxx' failed
make[4]: *** [wcd9xxx] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'mfd' failed
make[3]: *** [mfd] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/../../../usr/include/linux/staging/android/uapi/ (2 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/dvb/ (8 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/../../../usr/include/linux/staging/android/uapi/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/../../../usr/include/linux/staging/android/uapi/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target '../../../drivers/staging/android/uapi' failed
make[3]: *** [../../../drivers/staging/android/uapi] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/dvb/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/dvb/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'dvb' failed
make[3]: *** [dvb] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'linux' failed
make[2]: *** [linux] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/Makefile:1078: recipe for target 'headers_install' failed
make[1]: *** [headers_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ'
Makefile:145: recipe for target 'sub-make' failed
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953'
[  0% 69/97000] target  C: libexfat_static <= external/exfat/libexfat/node.c
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:647:33: warning: taking address of packed member 'mdate' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
        exfat_unix2exfat(node->mtime, &meta1->mdate, &meta1->mtime,
                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:647:48: warning: taking address of packed member 'mtime' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
                                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:649:33: warning: taking address of packed member 'adate' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
        exfat_unix2exfat(node->atime, &meta1->adate, &meta1->atime, NULL);
                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:649:48: warning: taking address of packed member 'atime' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
                                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:895:32: warning: taking address of packed member 'crdate' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
        exfat_unix2exfat(time(NULL), &meta1->crdate, &meta1->crtime,
                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:895:48: warning: taking address of packed member 'crtime' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
                                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
6 warnings generated.
[  0% 74/97000] target  C: libntfs-3g_static <= external/ntfs-3g/libntfs-3g/attrib.c
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
03:22:10 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (34 seconds) ####

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Will try to pull kernel again, maybe something went wrong the first time.

Last edited:

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Done some cleaning, this is what I get:
Code:
grimm@grimm ~/android/lineage $ source build/envsetup.sh
including device/generic/car/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-arm64/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-x86_64/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-x86/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/uml/vendorsetup.sh
including device/huawei/hwcan/vendorsetup.sh
sh: 0: Can't open device/huawei/hwcan/patches/apply.sh
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
grimm@grimm ~/android/lineage $ croot
grimm@grimm ~/android/lineage $ brunch hwcan
Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?

PLATFORM_VERSION=8.1.0
LINEAGE_VERSION=15.1-20180907-UNOFFICIAL-hwcan
TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION=OPM1
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
AUX_OS_VARIANT_LIST=
PLATFORM_VERSION=8.1.0
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
Environment variable BUILD_NUMBER was modified (f3c084e206 => aca0bf3153), regenerating...
[130/1070] including ./device/huawei/hwcan/Android.mk ...
build/core/binary.mk:47: warning: hal3-test-app uses kernel headers, but does not depend on them!
[1070/1070] including ./vendor/qcom/opensource/rcs-service/Android.mk ...
build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/system/framework/qti-telephony-common.jar'
build/core/base_rules.mk:391: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/system/framework/qti-telephony-common.jar'
build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/vendor/lib/libsdm-disp-apis.so'
build/core/base_rules.mk:391: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/vendor/lib/libsdm-disp-apis.so'
[  0% 61/97000] Building Kernel Headers
FAILED: /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps 
/bin/bash -c "(rm -f /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps ) && (make -j12  CFLAGS_MODULE=\"-fno-pic\" -C kernel/huawei/msm8953 O=/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=\" aarch64-linux-android-\"   headers_install ) && (echo \"/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps: \\\\\" > /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps ) && (( cd kernel/huawei/msm8953; 		if grep -q '^version_h' 'Makefile'; then 			depdirs=\"arch/arm64/include/uapi include/uapi\"; 		else 			depdirs=\"arch/arm64/include/asm include\"; 		fi; 		deps=\"Makefile \$(find \$depdirs -type f -name '*.h')\"; 		for f in \$deps; do 			echo \"  kernel/huawei/msm8953/\$f \\\\\" >> /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps; 		done ; 		echo \"\" >> /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps ; 		for f in \$deps; do 			echo \"kernel/huawei/msm8953/\$f:\" >> /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps; 			echo \"\" >> /home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.headers_install_deps; 		done 		) )"
make: Entering directory '/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ'
/usr/bin/env: ‘python2\r’: No such file or directory
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/gcc-goto.sh: line 4: $'\r': command not found
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/gcc-goto.sh: line 21: warning: here-document at line 5 delimited by end-of-file (wanted `END')
  CHK     include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
  INSTALL usr/include/uapi/ (0 file)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/uapi/.install' failed
make[2]: *** [usr/include/uapi/.install] Error 2
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  INSTALL usr/include/rdma/ (6 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/media/ (21 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/sound/ (19 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/video/ (5 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/drm/ (18 files)
/bin/sh: 1: /bin/sh: 1: ./scripts/fetch-latest-wireguard.sh: not found
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/rdma/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/rdma/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'rdma' failed
make[2]: *** [rdma] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/sound/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/sound/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'sound' failed
make[2]: *** [sound] Error 2
/bin/sh: 1: /home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/video/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/video/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'video' failed
make[2]: *** [video] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/mtd/ (5 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/drm/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/drm/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'drm' failed
make[2]: *** [drm] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/mtd/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/mtd/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'mtd' failed
make[2]: *** [mtd] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/xen/ (4 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/media/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/media/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'media' failed
make[2]: *** [media] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/scsi/ (5 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/misc/ (1 file)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/misc/.install' failed
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/scsi/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/misc/.install] Error 2
make[3]: *** [usr/include/scsi/.install] Error 2
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'misc' failed
make[2]: *** [misc] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/scsi/fc/ (4 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/scsi/fc/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/scsi/fc/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'fc' failed
make[3]: *** [fc] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/byteorder/ (2 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/hsi/ (1 file)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/byteorder/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/byteorder/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/hsi/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/hsi/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'byteorder' failed
make[3]: *** [byteorder] Error 2
/bin/sh: 1: make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'hsi' failed
make[3]: *** [hsi] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/can/ (5 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/scsi/ufs/ (2 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/scsi/ufs/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/scsi/ufs/.install] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/caif/ (2 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'ufs' failed
make[3]: *** [ufs] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'scsi' failed
make[2]: *** [scsi] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/can/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/can/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'can' failed
make[3]: *** [can] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/hdlc/ (1 file)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/caif/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/caif/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'caif' failed
make[3]: *** [caif] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/asm-generic/ (35 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/isdn/ (1 file)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/xen/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/xen/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'xen' failed
make[2]: *** [xen] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/mfd/ (1 file)
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/mfd/wcd9xxx/ (2 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/asm-generic/.install' failed
make[3]: *** [usr/include/asm-generic/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'asm-generic' failed
make[2]: *** [asm-generic] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/hdlc/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/hdlc/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'hdlc' failed
make[3]: *** [hdlc] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/mfd/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/mfd/.install] Error 2
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/isdn/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/isdn/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'isdn' failed
make[3]: *** [isdn] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/mfd/wcd9xxx/.install' failed
make[5]: *** [usr/include/linux/mfd/wcd9xxx/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'wcd9xxx' failed
make[4]: *** [wcd9xxx] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'mfd' failed
make[3]: *** [mfd] Error 2
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/../../../usr/include/linux/staging/android/uapi/ (2 files)
  INSTALL usr/include/linux/dvb/ (8 files)
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/../../../usr/include/linux/staging/android/uapi/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/../../../usr/include/linux/staging/android/uapi/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target '../../../drivers/staging/android/uapi' failed
make[3]: *** [../../../drivers/staging/android/uapi] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:110: recipe for target 'usr/include/linux/dvb/.install' failed
make[4]: *** [usr/include/linux/dvb/.install] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'dvb' failed
make[3]: *** [dvb] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/scripts/Makefile.headersinst:128: recipe for target 'linux' failed
make[2]: *** [linux] Error 2
/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953/Makefile:1078: recipe for target 'headers_install' failed
make[1]: *** [headers_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/grimm/android/lineage/out/target/product/hwcan/obj/KERNEL_OBJ'
Makefile:145: recipe for target 'sub-make' failed
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/grimm/android/lineage/kernel/huawei/msm8953'
[  0% 69/97000] target  C: libexfat_static <= external/exfat/libexfat/node.c
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:647:33: warning: taking address of packed member 'mdate' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:647:48: warning: taking address of packed member 'mtime' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
                                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:649:33: warning: taking address of packed member 'adate' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:649:48: warning: taking address of packed member 'atime' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
                                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:895:32: warning: taking address of packed member 'crdate' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
external/exfat/libexfat/node.c:895:48: warning: taking address of packed member 'crtime' of class or structure 'exfat_entry_meta1' may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Waddress-of-packed-member]
                                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
6 warnings generated.
[  0% 74/97000] target  C: libntfs-3g_static <= external/ntfs-3g/libntfs-3g/attrib.c
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
03:22:10 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (34 seconds) ####

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Will try to pull kernel again, maybe something went wrong the first time.

You're using the wrong kernel. I see wireguard in the log, but that's only in cm-14.1 and los15 branches (los15 branch is basically the lineage 14 kernel updated for O).
The correct kernel source (also mentioned in the first post) is this one, the lineage-15.1 branch.

Also, it looks like you're missing python 2 or there's a symlink problem.

PS: if you'd like to or it would be easier for you, check out del.dog, hastebin.com or pastebin.com. You can upload code/log.

Last edited:

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
Thanks @#Henkate
The kernel was the one from your OP on this, maybe I did something wrong though (might have pulled the wrong one I guess). I will look into that and the python problem. Thanks for the help. Last thing, if I was to build AOSP, what kind of change would the files in the device tree need?
You know @#Henkate is a great person. Mult Respect!!!

Reactions: Klulu and #Henkate

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Thanks @#Henkate
The kernel was the one from your OP on this, maybe I did something wrong though (might have pulled the wrong one I guess). I will look into that and the python problem. Thanks for the help. Last thing, if I was to build AOSP, what kind of change would the files in the device tree need?
You know @#Henkate is a great person. Mult Respect!!!

I see. Well, as I've said, I've seen wireguard mentioned in the logs, but I haven't added wireguard to the new kernel (lineage-15.1 branch). Let me know how it goes.

Regarding building AOSP, you'd need to make changes to the makefiles to make it compatible with AOSP (e.g. renaming lineage to AOSP). You can check other (lineage) trees which were "aosp-ified" to get the idea. Once you can start building for hwcan, you'll get build errors which you'd have to fix, by modifying device tree, grabbing missing repos from Lineage's github.or replacing some AOSP repo(s) with lineage one(s).

As far as I know, there's some organization(s) which has the sources for building AOSP and used some lineage repos, but probably it isn't up to date and dunno how many changes there were done.

In my opinion, I wouldn't recommend building AOSP to a beginner. On the other hand, it can be a journey where he'd learn new things. Again, it's only mg opinion. You shouldn't let that influence your choice, at least it wasn't my purpose. If you wanna do it, then do it xD. I can assist regarding that, but not here.

Thank you for your kind words as always! :D I wouldn't have expected you to write in Romanian. Multumesc foarte mult! (translation: thank you so much!).

Last edited:

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
Thank you for your kind words as always! :D I wouldn't have expected you to write in Romanian. Multumesc foarte mult! (translation: thank you so much!).

Thanks, it must be something in the kernel. I will try again starting fresh, in a few days (new term at school started Wang <- teacher). I know to do AOSP I need to rebuild (or at least pick what I need) from what you all have done. Will stop with non-Lineage chat, we have the off topic for that which is not relevant.

Reactions: Klulu and #Henkate

xcdahai

Feb 7, 2017
bazhong
bug:Contact disappears after reboot. or open Address Book settings, and the contacts disappear.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS 15.1 for Huawei Nova CAN-L11

DISCLAIMER:
    Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera and Camcorder(video recorder)
    • Video Playback
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Audio ( Recording and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Fingerprint
    • Notification LED
    • FM Radio
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Hotspot

Known issues:
    • some saturation issue in camera while it is focusing (it was present on lineage 14 too)

Requirements

• Huawei Nova CAN-L11 (should work on the other models too)
    • Unlocked bootloader ( here's a guide about how to unlock it). If you don't have the unlock key, then you no longer can unlock it. You gotta thank Huawei for not allowing unlocked bootloader anymore.
    • TWRP for Oreo.
    • Make sure you've updated to EMUI 5 first. I don't mean that you need to be on EMUI 5 now, but that you've updated to EMUI 5 before. I don't know if it works if you were on EMUI 4.

Installation

Make sure you meet the requirements listed above.

1. Download the ROM and put it on sdcard. Root isn't included in ROM yet. You can grab the lineage addon here (removal addon here). If you want GAPPS too, then download MindTheGapps (mirror or Open Gapps too (choose arm64, 8.1 and pico or other variant if you want more gapps).
    2. Reboot in TWRP by pressing all 3 buttons (Volume UP + Volume Down + Power).
    3. Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik-cache.
    4. Flash the ROM from the directory where you've placed it.
    5. Flash lineage's root addon / GAPPS (OPTIONALLY).
    6. Reboot.

Download

GITHUB | ANDROIDFILEHOST | MEDIAFIRE

Sources

Donations

You don't have to, but if you like my work and you wish to support the development:

1) PayPal:
    https://www.paypal.me/Henkate
    https://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4471434

2) Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Henkate
    3) WeChat: QR code (id Henkate)

I would use the money to upgrade my PC, so i can build with my own PC instead relaying on Google Cloud Platform.

Thank you to all donators!

Donators list:

Annedore Krauß / @Asbi12 - 33 USD (I've got 31,41 because 1,59 was PayPal fee), 13 August 2017 (that was during lineage 13 days). It was my first donation and I've used that money back then for driving sessions (car school) as I really needed.
    Tarik Ben Khayat - 3 EUR, 24 December 2017
    Klaus-Peter Ahrenberg - 10 USD (i've got 9,31 because 0,69 was PayPal fee), 7 January 2018
    Lucas / @wangdaning - 202,80 EUR (I've got 191,50 because 11,30 was PayPal fee), 17 May 2018. As I've mentioned before several times, he helped me with those money to buy a new Nova, so all the development from me since Oreo is possible thanks to him.
    Daniel Kladensky - 10 EUR, 4 July 2018
    Ievgen Sobko / @IevgenSobko - 10 USD (i've got 9,23 because 0,77 was PayPal fee), 16 August 2018
    Stefano Lucci / @Sting1971 - 10 USD (I've got 9,31 because 0,69 was fee), 8 September 2018
    @acerspyro - on 29 October 2018 he set up his Patreon to donate me 8 USD monthly (7 after fee or something) and then raised it to 10 USD (9 after fee).
    Steffen Illium - 5 EUR, 4 November 2018
    Дементьев Дмитрий - 7 USD (I've got 6,37 because 0,63 was PayPal fee), 5 November 2018
    Yohann Juge / @Yohannj - 10 USD (I've got 9,31 because 0,68 WD PayPal fee), 5 November 2018
    @YiShanqing - 10 CNY through WeChat (which is about 1,27 euros according to Google), 10 November 2018

Credits

@wangdaning
    @abhishek987
    @Cozzmy13
    @javelinanddart
    @highwaystar_ru
    @BadDaemon
    @_dobo
    @LuK1337
    @mikeioannina
    forkbomb - IRC
    @Grarak
    @gt_o
    @crpalmer
    @FrozenCow
    @franciscofranco
    @flar2
    @Sultanxda
    @zx2c4
    @ Google for their cloud platform and free trial
    @ LineageOS
    @ Huawei

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][8.1.0][OTA][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 [15.11.2018], ROM for the Huawei Nova/Nova Plus

Contributors
    #Henkate
    Source Code: https://github.com/skinzor/android_kernel_huawei_msm8953-1/tree/lineage-15.1

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader, TWRP

Version Information

Created 2018-09-04
    Last Updated 2018-12-08
    New update

NEW UPDATE - 13/10/2018

EDIT: It looks like I've completely forgot to commit and push a change... Basically, I've switched back to the stock libacdbloader so acdbs gets loaded properly (related to audio). That's the change I've forgot to commit and push. You can wait until tomorrow when I'll publish a new build or flash this zip which I've had in my phone.
    I'm really sorry for this.

First, let me remind you again that this is possible thanks to @wangdaning who helped me to get a new Nova. Thank you!

The download links are in the first post. The github became the main download link now and it'll be used by OTA too since the download speed is better.
    The sources were updated accordingly and you can find them on my github (check the first post).

You can flash it without wiping (dirty flash). However, since there is a chance (small i guess) that some weird errors / problems might occur, i always recommend a clean flash. I've been dirty flashing all the builds and i didn't had any problem so far though.

If you choose to install the new update from OTA, it'll automatically reboot to recovery and install it, so basically it's dirty flashing. Keep in mind that quote though.

CHANGELOG

- synced LineageOS sources
    - 5 October 2018 security patch
    - added OTA support (using lineage's updater)
    - fixed the freezes caused by libqmi_oem_main
    - fixed the reboot which was occuring when CPU-Z was opened (also the sensorservice's crash)
    - fingerprint will no longer be missing at boot
    - updated audio configs (and audio flags), media and wifi configs
    - enabled QUOTA feature for userdata partition
    - addressed many selinux denials (next build will be enforced)
    - other misc fixes which you can see at commit history

NOTICE:

Quota support has only been tested on ext4 and Linux 3.18 or higher. If enabling on other filesystems, or on older kernel versions, device manufacturers are responsible for testing and vetting for statistics correctness.

You can read more here: https://source.android.com/devices/storage/faster-stats. As a side note, i didn't had any problem with quota on f2fs until now.

2. OTA will download the flashable zips / updates to internal memory (/data/lineageos_updates), so you'll need to have enough free space for that. I might try to change the path to external sdcard.

Thanks for the good firmware. Found a bug preventing from using the phone. When the Bluetooth headset is connected, the call sound goes only to the headset, and the speaker of the smartphone is silent. As a result, the call is not heard, and I miss it.

Please let me know if you still have this issue with the new build. I haven't tried to debug that problem since i've made audio changes, but if the problem persists even with the new build, i'll try to debug it.
    Here we have the los 15.1 with security patch updated to december. Sorry the lateness. In january I intend to post it ealier.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eefYrCY4qsQG8q3tCyXqUumWB05a7dGN
    Thanks to @wangdaning!

First of all, let me remind you that this wouldn't have been possible without @wangdaning, at least not from me. He helped me with money to buy a new Nova in order to continue the development. With this occasion, @wangdaning, let me thank you again for trusting and helping me! I really can't thank you enough!

You can dirty flash it over lineage 14, but obviously i don't recommend that.

Happy oreo day! Lol.

giphy.gif

NEW UPDATE - 15/11/2018

First, let me remind you again that this is possible thanks to @wangdaning who helped me to get a new Nova. Thank you!

The download links are in the first post. You should get the update through OTA too.
    The sources were updated accordingly and you can find them on my github (check the first post).

You can flash it without wiping (dirty flash). However, since there is a chance (small i guess) that some weird errors / problems might occur, i always recommend a clean flash. I've been dirty flashing all the builds and i didn't had any problem so far though.

If you choose to install the new update from OTA, it'll automatically reboot to recovery and install it, so basically it's dirty flashing. Keep in mind that quote though.

CHANGELOG

- synced LineageOS sources
    - 5 November 2018 security patch
    - enforced selinux and addressed more denials
    - switch to BFQ scheduler once phone booted
    - added power off alarm support: set an alarm and power off the phone. The phone will turn itself on with 1 minute before the alarm is supposed to ring. According to my tests, the alarm will ring after 30 seconds after the phone booted and lockscreen appeared.
    - added Wireguard support
    - reverted Huawei's change to qcom,bcl and got in-line with CAF: allow BCL to hotplug 4 cores at 10% battery instead 2 cores at 5%
    - enabled Westwood TCP congestion; you can switch to it with e.g. Kernel Adiutor
    - added vibration control; you can change it with e.g. Kernel Adiutor
    - other misc fixes which you can see in the commit history

What about the other issues?

1. Camera saturation issue - I didn't manage to fix it and today I've asked @highwaystar if he could give me a tip. Instead giving me a tip, he actually said that he can take a look at the blob. So he did that and then he sent me the patched blob, but when I've tried it, the camera saturation issue was still there. I have no idea why it didn't work, but I know that highwaystar patched the blob properly because he has knowledge about this kind of stuff.

2. No audio through speaker for some people - I didn't had time to look more into it.

When the Bluetooth headset is connected, the call sound goes only to the headset, and the speaker of the smartphone is silent.

I didn't had time to look into this neither. If there's any other issue which I've forgot to mention now, well, I didn't had time to look into it neither.