This morning i was just looking in build.prop when ive seen a line regarding multi-window.
On EMUI 5 / Android 7, we can enable MultiWindow by pressing for few seconds the multitasking/recents icon in the navigation bar.
This feature is available on EMUI 4.1 as well.
- EMUI 4.1
- Unlocked bootloader
- Rooted phone
- a file manager with root support ( im using the good old version of ES File Explorer)
[HOW-TO] Huawei Nova:
1) Grant root access to the file manager.
2) Go to /system and open build.prop.
3) Search for ro.huawei.multiwindow and change it from false to true.
ro.huawei.multiwindow=false becomes ro.huawei.multiwindow=true.
4) Save and reboot. After reboot, you can use MultiWindow by pressing for few seconds the multitasking / recents icon from navigation bar.
[HOW-TO] Other Huawei phones:
If you have followed the instructions for Huawei Nova and it didnt work, then check if you have HwMwLauncher folder in /system/app or /system/priv-app.
If it is missing, then check this post. People reported that MultiWindow is working after they got HwMwLauncher.
- Huawei Honor 8
If your phone isnt on this list, then it doesnt mean that it doesnt work. Just try and report back. I think it should work on all Huawei phones which are running EMUI 4.1.
EDIT: I just seen that you can use MultiWindow by swiping up two fingers on navigation bar too.