Root Huawei Nova3e Emui 8.0

Search This thread

who feels

Jan 5, 2010
Hi guys

please help me with rooting Huawei Nova3e Emui 8.0 I can not find working twrp to install recovery and then root it.

please help

rronald_25

Nov 4, 2012
Hi,
I am about to buy Nova 3 or 3i when available, but my friend told me not to buy Kirin because I wont be able to modify it.
I dont modify phone unless I have to, like if after 2 years Huawei stopped the updates and I cant afford the new one, then I want to install new rom or new android.
Is my friend correct?
Thanks

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Hi,
I am about to buy Nova 3 or 3i when available, but my friend told me not to buy Kirin because I wont be able to modify it.
I dont modify phone unless I have to, like if after 2 years Huawei stopped the updates and I cant afford the new one, then I want to install new rom or new android.
Is my friend correct?
Thanks

Hi!
Kinda all Huawei phones are dead on XDA and the fact that it has Kirin it matters a lot. You see, Kirin is like Mediatek. If you want XDA support, then don't buy a phone with Mediatek or Kirin, because this matters a lot when it comes to development. Qualcomm is simply the best out there. Of course, there's phones with Qualcomm which lacks XDA support too, like Nova, Sony's phones and some others I guess, but having Mediatek / Kirin wouldn't help that and it would actually do the contrary.

Also, Huawei won't allow unlocked bootloader anymore soon, so you won't be able to install any ROM (not even root), but you'll be able to be stuck with an outdated security patch and with an outdated Android version because Huawei says that the phone is not eligible for the newer Android version.

If I would want to buy a new phone now, I think I'd look into the Xiaomi ones since they have good XDA support and they're cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vinnom

rronald_25

Nov 4, 2012
Thanks. Its a pity because I am looking forward for Huawei Nova 3.
I guess, theres no other choice now, I will try to go for Mi8 SE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You are in the wrong forum. This is for the original Nova, not the device you have.
    Hi,
    Is my friend correct?
    Thanks

Hi!
    Kinda all Huawei phones are dead on XDA and the fact that it has Kirin it matters a lot. You see, Kirin is like Mediatek. If you want XDA support, then don't buy a phone with Mediatek or Kirin, because this matters a lot when it comes to development. Qualcomm is simply the best out there. Of course, there's phones with Qualcomm which lacks XDA support too, like Nova, Sony's phones and some others I guess, but having Mediatek / Kirin wouldn't help that and it would actually do the contrary.

Also, Huawei won't allow unlocked bootloader anymore soon, so you won't be able to install any ROM (not even root), but you'll be able to be stuck with an outdated security patch and with an outdated Android version because Huawei says that the phone is not eligible for the newer Android version.

If I would want to buy a new phone now, I think I'd look into the Xiaomi ones since they have good XDA support and they're cheap.