FORUMS

Guide! See Fanspeed, Screenrecorder full HD, 120Hz screen option!

2,418 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,280

By nadejo, Senior Member on 1st May 2020, 12:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
no root required...
Install activity launcher from playstore.

inside activity launcher search and launch:

cn.nubia.theme.local.ThemeActivity
this will show the preinstalled themes. choose "colorfull international" for round icons.

cn.nubia.gamecenter.settings.records.RecordSetting Activity
this will allow to switch the quality of the screenrecorder from sd to full hd.

com.qualcomm.qti.qcolor.QColorActivity
this will let you choose between all 8 color modes of the screen.

cn.nubia.factory.ChooseFpsActivity
here you can enable 120hz for the screen. It will apply once you leave the menu. standard settings and the refreshrate notification won't show the new value.
you can see that 120hz is working by dimming your screen and toggling between 144hz and 120hz and entering recents screen eachtime you changed the value. The brightness of the grey Background in the menu will be different.
To use the standard refreshrate settings again you must enable "default auto Fps" in the hidden menu.

cn.nubia.factory.FactoryTestQuickFan
here you can see the actual fan speed. Yes its + - 15k rpm.

You can create shortcuts to these menus by longpressing on the desired Activity.
Tested on global 4.05 rom.

there are allot more hidden features like battery percentage in status bar, fingerprint calibration settings and battery stats. But they don't seem to work properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-05-02-01-43-52-337.jpg
Views:	1410
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	5009513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-05-02-01-45-16-953.png
Views:	1374
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	5009515   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-05-02-01-46-09-378.jpg
Views:	1374
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	5009517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-05-02-01-44-15-598.png
Views:	1342
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	5009519  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nadejo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nadejo Ad-Free
1st May 2020, 03:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Great!! thanks.
1st May 2020, 07:22 PM |#3  
Flag Canada, Earth.
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejo

this will show the preinstalled themes. choose "colorfull international" for round icons.[/U]

This right here makes such a huge difference for me, I normally don't like having icons on my home screen, I generally use Linux CLI Laucher and just quickly type in whatever app I want to open, but because you can't change the launcher on this phone, I'm stuck using the default one, so I only have some icons in the dock, and one of those icons is YouTube Studio, which uses a gear icon, and all the rest of the icons that were applied by default for the other dock apps I use are all square so I just had one random icon that didn't match, and this solved that.

This is a golden find right here, really good job on this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bANONYMOUS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bANONYMOUS Ad-Free
2nd May 2020, 03:01 AM |#4  
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 2,124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejo

no root required...
Install activity launcher from playstore.

inside activity launcher search and launch:

this will show the preinstalled themes. choose "colorfull international" for round icons.

cn.nubia.gamecenter.settings.records.RecordSetting Activity
this will allow to switch the quality of the screenrecorder from sd to full hd.

com.qualcomm.qti.qcolor.QColorActivity
this will let you choose between all 8 color modes of the screen.

cn.nubia.factory.ChooseFpsActivity
here you can enable 120hz for the screen. It will apply once you leave the menu. standard settings and the refreshrate notification won't show the new value.
you can see that 120hz is working by dimming your screen and toggling between 144hz and 120hz and entering recents screen eachtime you changed the value. The brightness of the grey Background in the menu will be different.
To use the standard refreshrate settings again you must enable "default auto Fps" in the hidden menu.

You can create shortcuts to these menus by longpressing on the desired Activity.
Tested on global 4.05 rom.

there are allot more hidden features like battery percentage in status bar, fingerprint calibration settings and battery stats. But they don't seem to work properly.

Just to confirm that the 120Hz is real, can you go to https://testufo.com/ and see what results you get?

Also, can you post the output of "adb shell dumpsys display" ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MishaalRahman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2020, 05:41 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaalRahman

Just to confirm that the 120Hz is real, can you go to https://testufo.com/ and see what results you get?

Also, can you post the output of "adb shell dumpsys display" ?

Just tried it does show 120 FPS it does work

Sent from my NX659J using Tapatalk
2nd May 2020, 07:09 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Guys I changed my theme and I now have the rounded icons. If I want to go back to the default square icons, how do I do that? I deleted cache and data for the launcher but it didn't change the icons back to the default square ones. Any idea?
2nd May 2020, 11:12 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhajii210

Guys I changed my theme and I now have the rounded icons. If I want to go back to the default square icons, how do I do that? I deleted cache and data for the launcher but it didn't change the icons back to the default square ones. Any idea?

the first theme inside the menu i guess.
2nd May 2020, 05:56 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
I attached the screenshots. It doesn't list any theme or icons that were the original square ones. Any ideas how to go back to the original stock ones?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2020-05-02-09-52-19-907.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	5010055   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-05-02-09-52-32-673.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	5010057  
2nd May 2020, 07:46 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhajii210

I attached the screenshots. It doesn't list any theme or icons that were the original square ones. Any ideas how to go back to the original stock ones?

"simple clouds" enables the squares. and if you mean they looked differently whic i can't tell i think only a factory reset will restore.
3rd May 2020, 01:32 AM |#10  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 84

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bANONYMOUS

This right here makes such a huge difference for me, I normally don't like having icons on my home screen, I generally use Linux CLI Laucher and just quickly type in whatever app I want to open, but because you can't change the launcher on this phone, I'm stuck using the default one, so I only have some icons in the dock, and one of those icons is YouTube Studio, which uses a gear icon, and all the rest of the icons that were applied by default for the other dock apps I use are all square so I just had one random icon that didn't match, and this solved that.

This is a golden find right here, really good job on this.

Wait I don't get it, how does changing to round icons make your life so much easier?
3rd May 2020, 01:39 AM |#11  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 84

Donate to Me
More
I think there's a normal non-hidden interface for screen recording quality under more features > supersnap
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2020-05-02-20-38-34-342.png
Views:	488
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	5010337  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mods, red magic 5g, themes

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)