FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ZTE Nubia Z17 mini unlock bootloader, install TWRP, rooting

90 posts
Thanks Meter: 26
 
By OperatorB, Member on 3rd August 2017, 07:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greetings!

I've created a guide and composed a pack for ZTE Nubia 17 mini to unlock bootloader and install TWRP recovery then grant root access.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...XJtUC1ZSXVldnM

It can be also used for Z17 (not mini) with some minor modifications.

Happy 'hacking' !

EDIT: Reports arrived on 'bootloader locked' screen not showing. Reports also came on successful process - after error encountered by the script - by continuing the steps of the guide.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OperatorB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OperatorB Ad-Free
 
 
7th August 2017, 10:24 AM |#2  
unixwise's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperatorB

Greetings!

I've created a guide and composed a pack for ZTE Nubia 17 mini to unlock bootloader and install TWRP recovery then grant root access.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...XJtUC1ZSXVldnM

It can be also used for Z17 (not mini) with some minor modifications.

Happy 'hacking' !

for 6G+64G version of z17mini (snapdragon 653), consider revising the batch file as below before execute
fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_HX569H

it works perfectly on mine, thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z17_653.jpg
Views:	2510
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	4234767  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unixwise For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift unixwise Ad-Free
7th August 2017, 10:30 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixwise

for 6G+64G version of z17mini (snapdragon 653), consider revising the batch file as below before execute
fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_HX569H

it works perfectly on mine, thanks



I'm happy for your success!
Yes you are abolutely correct. You need to edit the file according to your phone's model number.
The Following User Says Thank You to OperatorB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OperatorB Ad-Free
7th August 2017, 10:30 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixwise

for 6G+64G version of z17mini (snapdragon 653), consider revising the batch file as below before execute
fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_HX569H

it works perfectly on mine, thanks



unixwise here is a link with rom updates if u are interested.

http://ui.nubia.cn/rom/detail/38
16th August 2017, 10:28 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Hey, this tools with work since global 2.01 ROM ?
16th August 2017, 10:46 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandroid64

Hey, this tools with work since global 2.01 ROM ?

Yes, actually i made that guide after flashing with 2.01 ROM and it worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to OperatorB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OperatorB Ad-Free
18th August 2017, 03:19 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
How could we flash new stock ROM, once custom recovery installed ?
18th August 2017, 03:45 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Custom recovery does not effect the system that way. You will be able to install official updates as before.
Custom recovery just gives you more possibilities(root, unroot, install zip packs like gapps, backup, restore etc.)
Cool huh?
The Following User Says Thank You to OperatorB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OperatorB Ad-Free
18th August 2017, 05:40 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
On my old phones that was not the case x) and if I flash RR, How could I flash stock ROM ?
The Following User Says Thank You to jordandroid64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jordandroid64 Ad-Free
18th August 2017, 06:24 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandroid64

On my old phones that was not the case x) and if I flash RR, How could I flash stock ROM ?


Well if you have backed up the system before RR then with restore (with twrp for example). If you don't have backup, your other option is to get the stock ROM.zip from somewhere then you install it with custom recovery. These are my thoughts.
The Following User Says Thank You to OperatorB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OperatorB Ad-Free
30th August 2017, 07:13 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperatorB

Well if you have backed up the system before RR then with restore (with twrp for example). If you don't have backup, your other option is to get the stock ROM.zip from somewhere then you install it with custom recovery. These are my thoughts.

If no stock android 7 will come to Z17 mini in August then i will install RR or Mokee's and try restore stock to test it is working in practice.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes