FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Will nubia give android 10 update to z20?

93 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By sgn15, Member on 26th November 2019, 07:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm interested to buy z20 but I have never owned a nubia (or zte) phone so I wanted to ask:

1. Historically speaking, does nubia give android version upgrades to their z series phones? Like their most recent z17 and z18?

2. Did they announce / guarantee that android 10 will come to z20?

I want the stock dark mode feature in android 10 so I'm asking if it will come to z20
27th November 2019, 07:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
???
2nd December 2019, 08:50 AM |#3  
Flag Shenyang
Thanks Meter: 0

More
As a Chinese and who used Nubia X before, I can tell you NOT RECENTLY.

Nubia is a company that it doesn't like to update system regularly for their products even they know the users are not satisfied with that.

I think it may get a android 10 update next year (before the next generation of Z series), but don't expect too much. You'll get used to the Nubia.
2nd December 2019, 03:39 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03allen

As a Chinese and who used Nubia X before, I can tell you NOT RECENTLY.

Nubia is a company that it doesn't like to update system regularly for their products even they know the users are not satisfied with that.

I think it may get a android 10 update next year (before the next generation of Z series), but don't expect too much. You'll get used to the Nubia.

Thank you for response. I do expect them more or less to not give updates because they aren't as known or big a brand as huawei/xiaomi and even popular oppo/vivo is very sketchy in giving updates.

Did they give android version upgrades to z17 and z18 series? I mean from nubia, not custom roms.

I have seen custom roms for z17 series phones. Will z20 get custom roms in future? I only need the basic stuff as long as the multi-tasking of both screens is still available. I have apps that can do the game space stuff.
3rd December 2019, 07:05 AM |#5  
Flag Shenyang
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgn15

Thank you for response. I do expect them more or less to not give updates because they aren't as known or big a brand as huawei/xiaomi and even popular oppo/vivo is very sketchy in giving updates.

Did they give android version upgrades to z17 and z18 series? I mean from nubia, not custom roms.

I have seen custom roms for z17 series phones. Will z20 get custom roms in future? I only need the basic stuff as long as the multi-tasking of both screens is still available. I have apps that can do the game space stuff.

The z17 and z18 just updated the UI, but the android version is still the old. I think next year z20 will got an official android 10 update, but not very recently (second half year? maybe)

For the custom roms, in the future, I don't think there would be too many, since the phone is not very popular even in China.

The Nubia X now only have Mokee (official) and MIUI (unofficial).

Ok, that's all, hope my reply can help you. Thanks.
Yesterday, 10:41 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03allen

The z17 and z18 just updated the UI, but the android version is still the old. I think next year z20 will got an official android 10 update, but not very recently (second half year? maybe)

For the custom roms, in the future, I don't think there would be too many, since the phone is not very popular even in China.

The Nubia X now only have Mokee (official) and MIUI (unofficial).

Ok, that's all, hope my reply can help you. Thanks.

Custom roms are only possible if the company releases the phone source code or whatever it's called? Has nubia released it for z20?

I thought nubia x had an official pie beta?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)