Nubia Z20 custom rom?

Search This thread

sgn15

Jan 31, 2017
Is there a custom rom for nubia z20?

Or is there someone working on it?

Nubia x has a custom rom and i wish z20 has at least 1 custom rom (Android 10 based).

I checked the website of the guy who made nubia x rom and he doesn't have z20 listed under nubia phones ☹️

mir2006

Aug 13, 2008
Is soon to see any custom ROM for this device... and maybe it never comes :(

Mokee team has developed a ROM for the Nubia X so maybe they will do the same for the Z20.

Last edited:

mmason75123

Feb 15, 2017
Keen to help move this along any way I can.

I can provide compute resources for the builds as well as experience with Linux and android app development.

Used to build RR for my OP3 but someone else did the inital vendor-isation. Not sure how to start or even what questions to ask first; proprietray blobs and all that jazz.

If anyone is in the know and wants to work with me on this, please get in touch. Happy to get involved with building any custom ROM.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

here are the blobs

https://github.com/AndroidBlobs/vendor_nubia_NX627J

sgn15

Jan 31, 2017
Nubia z20 gets no love from rom developers.

It's a shame as most flagships have either notches or cutouts.

Oct 18, 2019
github.com/Flowertome/android_device_nubia_nx627j

There's a lineage OS (based on 10), Flowertome has developed it. Seem to be completed soon. Just wait.

bbs.nubia.cn/thread-2546466-1-4.html
Here's the topic, you can use Translate to Eng to check the updated.

Reactions: mmason75123

mir2006

Aug 13, 2008

There's a lineage OS (based on 10), Flowertome has developed it. Seem to be completed soon. Just wait.

Great news! We have to be patient :fingers-crossed:

sgn15

Jan 31, 2017

Will they retain the dual screen multi tasking, dual screen always on display and squeeze functions?

Those 3 are the only functions I need aside from stock android

sgn15

Jan 31, 2017
Is that still being done?i checked that thread and i think the first post is not being updated anymore

mmason75123

Feb 15, 2017
Last commit to the git repo was a week ago so the project is certainly still active, people have lives as well. I've started building lineageos for EU devices based on this device tree but am committed to other projects too. Keen to get something posted here so will share as soon as I have something relatively stable. At the moment, building the kernel is enough to be working on for me

B4$Q

Apr 4, 2018
Update android 10

A custom rom for nubia z20 has been released but I dont know if it works. Can someone install it and make a video about it? PM me / post everything here if it works. Make a video about it or something like that. I found that it might work but I am not sure if it has the "dual screen switcher" and the camera modes. My phone is not rooted and I can't do it . If yours is, try and post updates here. If its good, we might try it too.
link: www.getdroidtips.com/android-10-nubia-z20/

Oct 18, 2019
A custom rom for nubia z20 has been released but I dont know if it works. Can someone install it and make a video about it? PM me / post everything here if it works. Make a video about it or something like that. I found that it might work but I am not sure if it has the "dual screen switcher" and the camera modes. My phone is not rooted and I can't do it . If yours is, try and post updates here. If its good, we might try it too.
link: www.getdroidtips.com/android-10-nubia-z20/

I tried. You can search GSI Treble for tutourial.

But when it done. 2 Screen Front/Back will be always display. Can't turn it off.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Here's the 1st Custom Rom for Z20, called "NubiaUI PRO", but i can't install via Twrp.

https://bbs.nubia.cn/thread-2558060-1-3.html

Link: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1VICOcoy5aRZo-3PASxK4GQ Extraction code: 540a

If the flashing fails, use the mt file manager (existed in the discussion group!) To decompress the zip package, and then select install-flash in twrp, and flash the 3 img files inside into the corresponding partitions. For example: system.img flashes the system partition vendor.img flashes the vendor partition boot.img flashes the md5 value of the boot partition file:
. Too lazy to test. Try it guys.

B4$Q

Apr 4, 2018
I tried. You can search GSI Treble for tutourial.

But when it done. 2 Screen Front/Back will be always display. Can't turn it off.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Here's the 1st Custom Rom for Z20, called "NubiaUI PRO", but i can't install via Twrp.

https://bbs.nubia.cn/thread-2558060-1-3.html

Link: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1VICOcoy5aRZo-3PASxK4GQ Extraction code: 540a

. Too lazy to test. Try it guys.

If anyone can fix android 10 rom, post here. And I would like to know more about nubia ui pro.

baldo3097

Mar 10, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm trying to download the 2 files for nubia z20. But I can't download them from the Chinese website. Is it possible to download them in another way? Thank you

Top Liked Posts