1,251 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,824

By Steel01, Recognized Developer on 28th February 2015, 12:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2016, 03:04 AM |#331  
OP Recognized Developer

More
So, running an older apk works? I was wondering about that. Because grid and now worked on all my ROMs up until like 3 months ago. Then without me changing anything, it stopped working. So, the only conclusion is that they changed some detection flag somewhere. But I haven't taken time to extract the current apk to figure out what. One of these days when I have time. Maybe if someone could find the exact version that broke it, I could do a quicker diff of the java code.

Edit:
So the hub version that shipped with the tablet stock 4.0 image will show the now and gamestream options, but throws an upgrade required popup that can't be circumvented. The current version from the play store does not give the options. When I get back to my development machine, I'll decompile both and do some comparisons. Hopefully I can find which check is failing and fix it on all the shield device custom ROMs.
12th June 2016, 08:04 AM |#332  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Thanks Steel01!

I personally think that the eggs lay on that "update.zip". Apparently is was launched to fix Shield HUB for the S192.

http://www.jxd.hk/questions/question...k-on-the-s192/

Hth,
anthonws.

p.s. Happy to collaborate decompiling or analyzing it any other way, if you can throw me some pointers.

EDIT: JXD S192 sources available here: https://mega.nz/#F!Utg3xR5B!1phxtRLppKCB4Kb18CsyMQ
The Following User Says Thank You to anthonws For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anthonws Ad-Free
12th June 2016, 01:55 PM |#333  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I'm not going to have time to start looking until late tonight or sometime tomorrow. I expect since jxd is shipping tegrazone in a zip instead of having people download it from the store that they've modified it somehow. Like using an old one and removing the forced update check or a new one with something else modified. The former doesn't help us at all, the latter I don't know. I wish my Nvidia contact was responding, he'd probably be able to tell me the change off the top of his head. But since I haven't heard from him in a few months, I'm beginning to wonder if he's okay... In any case, I'll try to figure something out this week.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steel01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2016, 02:01 AM |#334  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Well, I found what nvidia is checking. And it might be a major pain to change. Tegrazone is parsing ro.product.name (cm_roth for my builds, thor for stock). I don't know if I can override that or not. But if any of y'all want to tinker with it, you can change the build.prop line to 'thor'. Unfortunately, that doesn't fix the problem here. Even with Geforce Now showing up, it fails to run a game. The libs failing are the ones shipped with the apk (libadaptordecoder23.so). There seems to be one per android api level. It tries to load the api level appropriate one, then falls back to one in the rom. Unfortunately, I can't seem to even get the one from level 22 (L) that works on 12.1 to load. And no log messages. Not sure what's failing and without inside help, I might never figure it out.

In other news, I finally got my hands on the beta libs. So far seems so good. The volume does seem to fluctuate slightly, but no where near as bad, and tends to go down more than up, so it doesn't jump up and scare the daylights out of me anymore. I'll continue testing over time and when Nvidia officially releases the update, I should be able to roll the changes into CM pretty quickly.

Edit: In other interesting finds, here's a list of supported devices:
thor, thor_hk, foster_e_ironfist, foster_e_ironfist_hdd, darcy_ironfist, foster_e_ronan, foster_e_ronan_hdd, darcy_ronan, loki_e_wifi, foster_e, darcy, foster_e_hdd, wx_na_wf, wx_na_do, wx_un_mo, wx_un_do, wx_diag, sb_na_wf, he_na_wf, he_na_do, he_un_do, he_diag, loki_e_tab_os, ga_na_wf, ga_diag

Side note: I've barely seen any of the Marvel movies and read none of the comics, so I've not put together the pieces until recently... Anywho.

So, thor is the Portable, foster is the console, and wx's and sb are the current tablet (does anyone actually know what wx is a reference to?). Darcy iiuc is a dev board for the t210 chipset. Ironfist and ronan are recent sub-sets that I haven't quite pinned down yet where it's going. Loki and HE are the interesting bits. Loki has been a long time coming and we're still waiting. That elusive Shield Portable successor. But I keep seeing more and more references to it. There's an awful lot of of code support floating around for it for them not to release it... Then he is Hawkeye, according to the aosp code release an X1 tablet with many of the same specs as the current gen, but the soc that the console has. The other interesting bit is the editions. loki_e_wifi and loki_e_tab_os. The aosp code drop has a couple more versions like an lte model (I'd sign up for that...), but this indicates only a wifi model. The second one points to an interesting assumption: tablet os? So that means the standard install is something else like android tv? With a controller interface, that could be useful and with the option of a standard android install, possibly with dual boot, I'd be for it. Then the Hawkeye's have the same as the current set of tablets, even though wx_un_mo is listed (wonder who actually has one for it to still be in the code, not the software division I had contact with). Finally there's the ga. First reference I've seen of it and the last in the code list. Possibly some new device there isn't any leaked info on yet.
15th June 2016, 09:32 PM |#335  
Flag Lisbon

More
@Steel01

Uau! Great investigation!

So, if we can't load those libs in CM, how is JXD making them work on the S192? AFAIK they're using Android 4.4.
The libs in question are also packaged inside the ZIP file that contains the patch from JXD. Did you test or have a look at that? The file dates are most definitely wrong, I hope... (2008), but who knows if they changed something. There's some substantial file size difference is some of the libs.
What if we install Shield Hub and then replace the libs with the one in the zip?

Really interesting that there's nothing about those libs online. At least I wasn't able to find anything.

Also, good news about the volume issue! It seems that Nvidia is giving Portable the chance to breath one last time before it's departure.

Next week I'm back home and will have some spare time to do those tests if needed (pointers welcome once again).

Cheers,
anthonws.
22nd June 2016, 09:58 PM |#336  
Flag Lisbon

More
It seems that there's some movement on the JXD side with a custom rom and Shield HUB working.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-dev...ource/new/#new

I'll try to ping both devs to ask them some pointers.

Cheers,
anthonws.
24th June 2016, 12:23 AM |#337  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
any way to have a setting to keep device awake when the lid is closed (hmdi mode) for when not in cosnole mode
26th June 2016, 08:26 AM |#338  

More
Could some one please post the recovery for this please,i have twrp muliboot installed and installs the zips ok but for some reason wont let me do a straight update,should i keep twrp or is the cm recovery better?,thx
26th June 2016, 08:54 PM |#339  

More
ok found that twrp can`t read the adopted storage on the sd card,have to update the old fashioned way
26th June 2016, 11:02 PM |#340  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marantz1969

ok found that twrp can`t read the adopted storage on the sd card,have to update the old fashioned way

The multirom twrp can't because the extra bits required don't fit. However, the official twrp does. If you're not multibooting, use the official twrp.
26th June 2016, 11:07 PM |#341  

More
i have the official one installed now and it still cant see the files,i got the twrp from the thread you did,the file name i have is twrp-3.0.2-0-roth,is that the correct version,if so what am i doing wrong?.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)