FORUMS

NVidia TV I don't have touchpad abilities on gamepad remote anymore

336 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By brie987, Senior Member on 8th June 2015, 03:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Game pad remote, don't have touchpad abilities anymore. When I first powered on the NVidia Console the game remote had touchpad abilities but since the 1.1 update that is no longer the case. Is touchpad only works with certain applications? Has anyone else have this issue? Thanks for any help. Also can we have a dedicated forum for the NVidia Shield Android TV? PLEASE! Thank you.
8th June 2015, 05:01 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Same here.. I had to hook up my wireless mouse to use some of the side loaded apps I installed. .

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Also I run my hot spot on my phone to get online. The providers out here only have super low speed and crazy high ping service. And my unlimited sprint plan with a hacked hot spot gives me around 12mbs down and about 50 to 60 ping. So the problem I'm having is say for smaller apps like 20 to 40 mb apps it downloads fine. But when I try to download larger apps like badlands at 165mb or asphalt8 it just sits at waiting for network. Is anyone else having this problem? Any info or advice would be most helpful.
9th June 2015, 09:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 16

More
[QUOTE=TriggerManCole;61234318]Same here.. I had to hook up my wireless mouse to use some of the side loaded apps I installed. .[COLOR="Silver"]

I guess we are the only two people to have this issue :/ OR perhaps we are the only two people that bought the NVidia Shield TV. YIKES! I have looked in a lot of place and I have found no answers or even mention of this issue with the game handset touch pad not working.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

s
The Following User Says Thank You to brie987 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brie987 Ad-Free
9th June 2015, 10:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 168

More
[QUOTE=brie987;61257748]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerManCole

Same here.. I had to hook up my wireless mouse to use some of the side loaded apps I installed. .[COLOR="Silver"]

I guess we are the only two people to have this issue :/ OR perhaps we are the only two people that bought the NVidia Shield TV. YIKES! I have looked in a lot of place and I have found no answers or even mention of this issue with the game handset touch pad not working.

s

On the nvidia support forum they said the touch pad was currently disabled and would be added at a later date
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theinspector For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theinspector Ad-Free
12th June 2015, 05:18 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
[QUOTE=theinspector;61259254]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brie987

On the nvidia support forum they said the touch pad was currently disabled and would be added at a later date

Yup just read that.. I think their reasoning is none of the apps for Android TV should have touch capabilities. So they removed the touch from the controller.. But like I said a wireless mouse works fine but kinda a PIA.. Also for plp having the same issue I was having about apps not downloading, just install the play store 5.6.8 it is for phones and tablets but it will not sit on waiting for network.. you will have to manually update as the auto update is borked..
15th October 2016, 04:24 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Anyone know how they removed support? I read that the touchpad still works when paired to a PC so it's not hardware/firmware disabled. Could it be a simple edit in the keylayouts file (root required)?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)