FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Probable brickage of TN7

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Evil Penguin, Junior Member on 3rd February 2017, 11:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi folks,

So, after little usage due to instability caused by the Lollipop upgrade I hadn't used the TN7 in a while. Yesterday I thought I'd have a go at reconditioning it.

Background: The bootloader has been unlocked, recovery was TWRP, I'd flashed and reflashed stock ROMs of KitKat and Lollipop several times previously. The main problem in Lollipop was that whilst the SD card files were showing up fine in FS Explorer, I couldn't see any of my files or folders when looking at local storage. Also, Google Play Services refused to update (or install using an APK).

Yesterday I grabbed the factory ROM from the nVidia site to do a full factory install and reset. I followed the instructions, flashing the recovery, boot, system, userdata, staging blob and dtb in that order. I then rebooted and...nothing. No power (or so it appears), no boot screen, no ability to get back into the bootloader, nada, zilch. When I read back through the flash commands I noticed that the final part of flashing the system image failed, which could well be the cause - I should have paid more attention.

I've searched all over and tried multiple options to get the TN7 to boot or show some signs of life. I don't even get an LED showing when plugged into a wall socket to charge.

The device doesn't show in fastboot or adb on the Mac. I did however get a small sign of life from Windows. If I hold down the power button for around 10 secs and let go, I can hear the Windows chime of a device connecting, immediately followed by a disconnect sound, the Device Manager updates but shows nothing new.

So my question is: have I completely screwed the pooch, or is there something that can be done to resurrect it?

Cheers for reading,
Gray

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)