FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which Firmware do you prefer?

Kitkat

32 Vote(s)
91.43%
Jellybean

3 Vote(s)
8.57%

[GUIDE][ANDROID 4.4] Kitkat on Omate Truesmart and its Variants (MT6572 Smartwatches)

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By Maszter93, Member on 4th January 2015, 09:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
* I DON'T RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR WATCH, YOUR DAILY LIFE, OR ANYTHING AFFECTED BY METHOD ON THIS THREAD

Okay, I want to tell you step by step installing Kitkat on our device
This method is tested on Iconbit Callisto 100 (rik81), Z15 clone (By Me) and Podor PW306 (Blufires)

1. using ZGPAX S8 Firmware, credit to rik81

Callisto 100 Flash Android 4.4 from Zgpax S8 Rom
Instructions - Follow these steps:
download here
1. Extract the folder "zgpax s8 new firmware.rar"
2. Delete the following files:
- lk.bin
- MT6572_Android_scatter.txt
- preloader_s8.bin
3. replace these files with those of your stock rom
4. flash with SP Flash Tool - mode Firmware Upgrade

2. Using UNOVA IRONMAN Firmware, By Me
Steps: download the firmware from this ( credit to kuronosan )
extract it, then rename factory_NONmodified_recovery.img to recovery.img
then use scatter in the attachment, do firmware upgrade
after finished, enter recovery then do factory reset

EDIT : this rom doesn't have full functionality of TWRP, you can't mount external sdcard

GOOD THINGS :
-FULLY WORKED BT Tethering
-Full AGPS and BLE Support
KNOWN ISSUES : SENSORS DIDN'T WORK in both firmwares, most likely never can be fixed. this based on kernel and both kernel and libs with working sensor in x201 are in JellyBean, can't be used in KitKat by changing files, must be on source

Google Apps (Play Store, etc) here, SuperSU (Root Access) here (put these on internal sdcard for flashing with TWRP)

Fix for Home button change into volume up in ZGPAX S8 firmware(Attachment, flash with TWRP)
For Custom Recovery (TWRP) you may use this (Credit to kuronosan )

FOR NOW WAITING ANY MT6572 smartwatch w/ SIM support using LOLLYPOP and figure method to cross-flashing it
Attached Files
File Type: txt MT6572_Android_scatter_emmc.txt - [Click for QR Code] (436 Bytes, 1524 views)
File Type: zip Fix_Home.zip - [Click for QR Code] (257.8 KB, 766 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maszter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maszter93 Ad-Free

4th January 2015, 05:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 641

More
Sensors don't work? Looks like I'll be fixing that too.

What unit did you test this on?
The Following User Says Thank You to kuronosan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuronosan Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 05:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
for now no one has tried it on Omate truesmart

Callisto 100 for me
Z15 (clone truesmart) for (Maszter93)
Podoor pw306 for (Blufires)

I just got the root
The Following User Says Thank You to rik81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rik81 Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 06:34 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Batusangkar
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronosan

Sensors don't work? Looks like I'll be fixing that too.

What unit did you test this on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik81

for now no one has tried it on Omate truesmart

Callisto 100 for me
Z15 (clone truesmart) for (Maszter93)
Podoor pw306 for (Blufires)

I just got the root

rik81 already answer it, btw i think it's better to optimize the recovery first, the only problem is mounting sdcard
well this is huge leap for Truesmart development

EDIT : Since UNOVA IRONMAN firmware can't get TWRP fully working and rather outdated, I using ZGPAX S8 for now
The Following User Says Thank You to Maszter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maszter93 Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 07:21 PM |#5  

More
I already have it working. Should have realized I needed to use upgrade instead of download.
4th January 2015, 07:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I found problems with the Chainfire Root . Show folders sdcard0 sdcard1 empty and folder permissions xbin not appropriate that I could not change.

I had to repeat the Root with the tool attachment

now everything runs fine
Attached Files
File Type: rar MTK6589_6577_w6575_V1.06.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.29 MB, 390 views)
4th January 2015, 08:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maszter93

KNOWN ISSUES : SENSORS DIDN'T WORK in both firmwares
For Custom Recovery (TWRP) you may use this (Credit to kuronosan ) it can't mount external sdcard but you can root, flash anything and factory reset pretty useful

Note that the UNOVA IRONMAN ROM your are using has issues in my UNOVA IRONMAN (GPS not working and mobile with problems, I have not tested all the other things). This may explain why you are having issues with the sensors. We need to try with a newer ROM. As I said in another post, my IRONMAN was shipped with a ROM compiled in November 2014, but I do not have it anymore.

Anyone with a new IronMan that can upload the ROM?
5th January 2015, 03:30 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
So I don't have an lk.bin or preloader_s8.bin from my MTKDroidTools backups. I have "preloader_and_dsp" though.

Am I missing something simple here? It's been a while since I've played with this. I do have an lk.bin in "!Files_to_FlashTool" folder from an old backup.
5th January 2015, 07:30 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky*

So I don't have an lk.bin or preloader_s8.bin from my MTKDroidTools backups. I have "preloader_and_dsp" though.

Am I missing something simple here? It's been a while since I've played with this. I do have an lk.bin in "!Files_to_FlashTool" folder from an old backup.

Nevermind. Got past that now. I hadn't run the second process to create them with MTKDroidTools

I'm was getting an error about encryption being interrupted before I did a factory reset via the stock recovery. I presume that's somewhat expected?

Also I don't follow why we're doing two separate flashes when the second one most overwrites everything the first one did. I haven't compared the two scatters exactly but I take it there's only a few things from the first flash that are actually required?

And yes it works for my TS which I received about March 2014 if that helps you at all kuronosan.
5th January 2015, 01:54 PM |#10  

More
They're two different ROMs.
5th January 2015, 04:29 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Both are working on my Omate TS pre May.

For me, ZGPAX S8 looks better and is rooted, google play store is preinstalled.
But the home button is for loudness.
I have installed Swipe Home Button.

@rik81
Thank you very much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
callisto, kitkat, omate, simvalley, zgpax

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)