FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Imacwear vs Truesmart

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Dean71, Junior Member on 18th January 2015, 06:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st post
Hi I just wanted to tell of my experiences of my Imacwear M7.
Imacwear is a clone of the True Smart, £130 ebay.
Well i've been using this as a phone for 2 weeks now.
The call quality is excellent on both sides. I had a TS and the call quality was very poor.
Wifi and GPS work flawlessly so does my data connection.
With light use the battery lasts 2 to 3 days. 600mah.
The build quality seems ok as well.
Love this Imacwear and in my opinion its better quality than the TS.
So if you want a TS but better try the Imacwear M7
Hope Ive helped
Dean
Windows 7 64. Imacwear M7
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dean71 Ad-Free

18th January 2015, 07:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Smile
It looks very good.
But it has only Android 4.2 and we need Android 4.4!
If you get an Update to 4.4 please share with us.
19th January 2015, 10:11 PM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,752

Donate to Me
More
Guess I'll add it to the ever grown list of "brands" the clone is sold under.

Podoor PW306II
Shenzhen Jingri Watch Industrial JR-WM1021
Shenzhen Esee JT01
Shenzhen Mustech Electronics M401
20th January 2015, 11:16 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
What about water resistant?

Have you tried it? Swimming?
27th January 2015, 04:02 PM |#5  
Flag Leiden
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Lol they even copied the incorrect specs and false promises:
1000 MHz = 800 MHz
5mp camera = 3mp (with software upscaling to 5mp if they also copied truesmart firmware)
Micro SD card slots: well i don't think it has multiple slotS, but even accessing the one microsd slot breaks all waterproofing.
IP67: even the original TrueSmart was never certified
Google Play (was never supported and was removed from the specs shortly after the kickstarter campaign ended)

etc, etc

By the way, to whom is it still cool to put a lowercase i in front of your iProductname?
5th February 2015, 06:27 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
OUI tested?
Hi, I just wonder you have tested to install OUI or other version of rom which posted in here. I have seen other products like simvalley has been tested with other rom but I could not find any rom tested with iMacwear m7. Kindly, advice me if you tried already.

By the way, is there any essential apps to install for M7?

Thanks,
KJ Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean71

1st post
Hi I just wanted to tell of my experiences of my Imacwear M7.
Imacwear is a clone of the True Smart, £130 ebay.
Well i've been using this as a phone for 2 weeks now.
The call quality is excellent on both sides. I had a TS and the call quality was very poor.
Wifi and GPS work flawlessly so does my data connection.
With light use the battery lasts 2 to 3 days. 600mah.
The build quality seems ok as well.
Love this Imacwear and in my opinion its better quality than the TS.
So if you want a TS but better try the Imacwear M7
Hope Ive helped
Dean
Windows 7 64. Imacwear M7

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ KIM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KJ KIM Ad-Free
25th February 2015, 12:20 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
hesitating between this imacwear m7 and zgpax s8
Hi,

I'm hesitating to go either for this phone or the zgpax s8.
Anybody able to do a comparison?
Main reason why I would take this phone is that this phone is shipped with a 600 mAh battery while the zgpax only has 450 mAh. The battery on this phone is also removable.
Second reason would be that memory cards can be interchanged more easily.

Main reason why I would take the ZGPAX S8 is because it has Android 4.4 and has more interactivity on the forum. (2 pages of conversation versus 70 pages of conversation)

Anybody can share more experience for this phone:
(things I'm particularly interested in are: USB OTG, 3G in Benelux, bluetooth keyboard connectable, how long on just one charge of the battery, tried miracast, can it be woken without touching the buttons)

Looking forward to read your thoughts.
13th May 2015, 07:35 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
"It looks very good.
But it has only Android 4.2 and we need Android 4.4!
If you get an Update to 4.4 please share with us."

Why would you need 4.4 instead of 4.2? You are putting it ad a deal breaker and I'd like to see why, apart from of course newer Android.
Moreover I've read in other threads someone getting it delivered with 4.4.2 despite the supposed official specs of 4.2, does anybody have any update or confirmation as to the latest Android version available for the imacwear m7?

Sent from my KINGZONE N3 PLUS using XDA Free mobile app
26th May 2015, 02:37 PM |#9  

More
Ended up buying 2 watches
Hi,
I ended up buying 2 watches, the imacwear M7 and the zgpax s8.

the ZGPAX S8 has 3 capacitive buttons
-menu
-home/recent apps
-back

This post explains how I use the ImacWear M7 in almost exactly the same way:
-Standard feature: swipe over left border to right for menu
-Standard feature: swipe over right border to left for back (quite intuitive)
For the home/recent apps button I use the app "Multi Action Home Button" by Sylvain Lagache. It's the free version, with just one hot spot at the bottom of the screen.
On that spot there are 3 actions defined:
-tap: home
-long hold: recent apps
-double tap: switch of the screen. For this, "Multi Action Home Button" calls another app: "Screen Off" by Cheetah Mobile.

The main thing to take into account for this phone is that it is not possible to touch the buttons while it is charging.
Adding "Multi Action Home Button" allows me to configure the device while it's in the cradle. When I think I'm finished I can double tap the hot spot. When I want to enable the screen again, the trick I use is to simply switch the power supply off and on again. This activates the screen. On top of that I've activated the developer options and prevent standby when charging.

On the "recent apps" of the ZGPAX S8 there is a "brush" icon that closes all apps that recently were activated (not the background things running). It would be nice if we could enable somethign similar on the ImacWear M7 (or any other phone). Anyone knows about an app that takes care of this?
28th May 2015, 09:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
@bernsbe: on imacwear m7 try installing (upon root: very simply done manually with adb, it gives you already root access the only thing to do is to copy su binary in /system/xbin and then install the supersu or superuser apps from play store, look for details on this method in xda) xposed installer and framework. Then you will be able to load ultimate dynamic nav bar module that will allow almost all the things you have on S8 with navigation bar and perhaps even more. It has for e.g. the possibility to associate to one of the buttons in nav bar (double taps are supported as well) a kill all apps function.
As for the wake up of watch when charging in the cradle I use to do it by shaking it (your method may damage or degrade the battery if done often in the time) install one of the shake app to turn on the screen that use the accelerometer sensor. Two of the best apps for m7 are shake and awesome on off screen for that purpose. It will also allow you to watch the time by shaking the watch instead of pressing the hw buttons with the risk to loose them in the long time.

Sent from my KINGZONE N3 PLUS using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to lzwfkv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lzwfkv Ad-Free
31st May 2015, 01:21 AM |#11  

More
he lzwfkv, I'm happy to find someone with experience on the M7.
I've tried shake on/off on my zgpax s8 and that worked very nicely. (There is another user called smartwatchticks that has created a video from it).
So I tried the same on the M7. It shakes off well, but doesn't shake on.
Is the accelerometer sensor still active when the screen is off?

At this point there are 2 things that I could use some help with:
1) indeed starting the interface without touching buttons. (see experience above)

2) get a relacement bluetooth keyboard from an android based tablet(or phone)
I wanted to try pushbullet, but the M7 does not accept the installation of teh tool.
(I'm actually wondering if someone managed to use the keboard of a tablet as if it were a bluetooth keyboard. I would like to do more of things like what tablet talk does, but not only for SMS)
Of course I could just buy a bluetooth hardwere keyboard, but that seems so uninventive when one already has a tablet or phone that could be used as a big screen.

cheers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)