FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Feature request] Long press power for torch

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By fajabird, Member on 26th May 2017, 10:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently noticed that LineageOS has introduces a very nice feature which becomes very handy (I tested it and I love it). I think its the most effective way to use the mobile phone as a torch. Long press power for torch works when the device is off/locked and will turn on/off the LED. So if one is using a flip case you don't even have to flip open the case. As soon as the display is turned on the LED gets switched off to prevent leaving torch on unintendedly. This is currently my number one request.

Secondly I would also like to have pin pad scrambling in omni. From my experience it not only lessens the problem with finger prints left on the display after entering the pin for many times but also makes it much harder for people nearby observing me entering the pin to get my device unlocked.

I noticed that on the latest build there is "double tap to wake" in display-settings and some more screen of gestures along with the proximity check option in some dedicated gestures settings menu. I suggest to move the "double tap to wake" option into the dedicated gestures menu to have all in one place or at least to move the proximity check option to display settings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fajabird For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fajabird Ad-Free

13th August 2017, 10:55 AM |#2  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 119

More
+1
16th April 2018, 07:44 AM |#3  
Flag Tamilan
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Ya Screen-off Power button to Torch feature is much needed..! When very basic stock ROMs like LOS, Pixel experience packs this feature, Omni should include it
23rd April 2018, 03:54 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Oreo build has it.
OmniGears > Buttons > Power > Long press for flashligh (Toggle flashlight when screen is off)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)