FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New install of OmniROM boot stuck on animation on Moto G4 plus

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By comiconomenclaturist, Junior Member on 7th July 2019, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have been trying to install OmniROM on my Moto G4 Plus but it gets stuck on the startup animation. I have removed the sim card as suggested in another thread here. I also tried removing the external sd card in case that was causing issues.

I also tried entering
Code:
echo "ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED" >> /system/build.prop
in the TWRP terminal as suggested here but that didn't help either. I have tried last weeks build (2019-06-30) and the latest (2019-07-07) but both have the same problem.

Weirdly I did get the device to boot last week after installing it, but then it refused to boot again so I tried reinstalling it. I couldn't get it to boot still, so reverted to a Lineage backup. I'm trying again today with the latest build but still no luck!

Is anyone running OmniROM on the Moto G4 Plus? Any tips on other things I can try? Or other ROM suggestions?

thanks

22nd July 2019, 07:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiconomenclaturist

I have been trying to install OmniROM on my Moto G4 Plus but it gets stuck on the startup animation. I have removed the sim card as suggested in another thread here. I also tried removing the external sd card in case that was causing issues.

I also tried entering

Code:
echo "ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED" >> /system/build.prop
in the TWRP terminal as suggested here but that didn't help either. I have tried last weeks build (2019-06-30) and the latest (2019-07-07) but both have the same problem.

Weirdly I did get the device to boot last week after installing it, but then it refused to boot again so I tried reinstalling it. I couldn't get it to boot still, so reverted to a Lineage backup. I'm trying again today with the latest build but still no luck!

Is anyone running OmniROM on the Moto G4 Plus? Any tips on other things I can try? Or other ROM suggestions?

thanks

just went thru this with a moto g5 plus, lets see your "fastboot getvar all" More people can help that way!

edit: just go to your bootloader and do that fastboot command, paste results. If you want, u can blank out ur IMEI as its the only piece of personal information in there i believe...
22nd July 2019, 08:36 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayy10

just went thru this with a moto g5 plus, lets see your "fastboot getvar all" More people can help that way!

edit: just go to your bootloader and do that fastboot command, paste results. If you want, u can blank out ur IMEI as its the only piece of personal information in there i believe...

Thanks for the reply. I finally got it working by installing the full version of Gapps (selecting the ones I wanted), and preventing Gapps from removing system apps. That seemed to work, so I assume it was something to do with how I was installing the ROM + Gapps together.

I have a problem with storage though! But I post that in another thread..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)