FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC DotView case

202 posts
Thanks Meter: 38

By braveBuddy, Senior Member on 26th August 2014, 04:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone used this case from HTC with E8. If yes please share some review.

5th September 2014, 08:34 PM |#2  
Flag Amritsar,Punjab
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveBuddy

Well! I am also waiting for someone to review it. Wish to see a DOT VIEW case with a DIARY Lock. For time being, i have bought this one
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6208431546.html
8th September 2014, 09:54 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:

There is a specific Dot View case for the HTC One E8. You can find it on Amazon or some Chinese / Indian webshops. I currently can only find the Black, Blue and Red versions, but I believe also other colors should be available. Please see the following links on Amazon:
Please note that the HTC One M8 has the following product code: HC M100. For the HTC One E8 (our version), you need to search for HC M110.

If anyone find an orange version, keep me posted!
24th September 2014, 10:53 AM |#4  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 28

Donate to Me
More
Is anybody able to get their hands on this case? If yes, please share some pictures.
28th September 2014, 06:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_razr

Is anybody able to get their hands on this case? If yes, please share some pictures.

I just ordered the orange version from AliExpress, so in a week or two I should be able to share some photo's. Damn those Chinese Mail delivery times...

I will also try to get my hands on a M8 version, so we can see if it could be used. I guess not, especially since the position of the power button. But given the fact those are more easy to order, it would be nice though!
28th September 2014, 06:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I got it about three days ago. Mine is a blue one.
Its back is hard plastic and the front is rubber, which feels quite nice. There is a thin layer of rubber inside the dots (except for the ones on the speakers) so it can protect the phone from dust, but I think that it will gather dirt.
The case is designed to automatically close so you have to hold it open while using the phone. When texting, the curved back of the phone makes it bump slightly when you touch the screen, which is annoying.
The time and notification display looks very cool, but you won't be able to see anything when using the phone outside, even at maximum brightness.
I haven't got a chance to test its protection yet (and hopefully won't) but according to some reviews on Amazon the phone pops out of the case when dropped.
10th January 2015, 03:53 AM |#7  

More
The dot view is pretty cool. Mine is made of rubber, both front and back. I use a blue colored one. It's pretty hard, I dropped my phone once and the phone popped out to with stand the pressure. In Sun light you can't read any thing. Its better for indoor..the best part is holiday themes...I love this case. Where I go people wonder where in the earth I could find such a case...PROUD!!!

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app
18th January 2015, 01:42 AM |#8  
Flag mumbai

More
Angry
Quote:

Like here is the pictures of DOT view cover for HTC ONE E8
it seems so sexy right there. i just buy it because i wanted to see the feature of cover and protect my screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150112-WA0001.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	3120511   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150112-WA0002.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	3120512   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150112-WA0003.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	3120514   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20150112-WA0004.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	3120515  
21st January 2015, 11:51 AM |#9  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Thumbs up to the post above....

Even i'm using the DOT VIEW case... It's just fantastic.

I even purchased the Xposed mod for it and it works 90% ok... Which is fine for me....
Lots of more stuff can be done with the mods.....

8th March 2015, 08:20 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 113

Donate to Me
More
Guys, I've heard that the dot view case gets lint stuck in the holes. Is that true?
11th March 2015, 12:54 PM |#11  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerman

Guys, I've heard that the dot view case gets lint stuck in the holes. Is that true?

Yes, it does, but then it depends on usage... And also its easy to blow it off also through the holes... and if it doesnt well, you can always remove the stuck things with a small needle or pin etc....

Otherwise case is fantastic... using it with the Xposed mod is gr8

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to gregferns For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gregferns Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)