[ROM][6.0] ICE 1.7.0 - Google Play Edition | MarshMallow | Pre-Rooted | One E8

Search This thread

douglas8535

Oct 5, 2016
I need your help to update my HTC One E8 guys

So I am far away Nigeria and I just bought this Sprint HTC One E8. The Sprint network doesn't work in my country so the phone has been modified by someone to accept Nigerian GSM networks.

Problem is, I cannot update my phone and I am stuck with KitKat 4.4.2 version making my phone look annoying to me.

I tried download the Sprint Marshmallow update but it refused to install manually saying the version isn't for my phone (I have no option to software update in settings).

I have serached everywhere looking for solutions but can't find any. My fear is, if I revert to a stock version, it might revert to the sprint version which is CDMA and I might not have access to use GSM network in my country. But if it is possible to do this and may be unlock the network after the update I'll be glad.

Else if you have any other means I could update my phone, please help me with the procedures, the custom RUU I need and all I need to do. I am quite a beginner but I learn fast.

Here are usefuil information and photos from the phone you might need:

'fastboot getvar all': (bootloader) version: 0.5 (bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000 (bootloader) version-baseband: 1.09.20.0209 (bootloader) version-cpld: None (bootloader) version-microp: None (bootloader) version-main: 1.22.651.1 (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF (bootloader) serialno: FA4A6SP02159 (bootloader) imei: 990004299312185 (bootloader) imei2: Not Support (bootloader) meid: 99000429931218 (bootloader) product: mec_whl (bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974 (bootloader) modelid: 0PAJ50000 (bootloader) cidnum: 11111111 (bootloader) battery-status: good (bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic (bootloader) security: off (bootloader) build-mode: SHIP (bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT (bootloader) commitno-bootloader: d0c41a5b (bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11 (bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

First 6 lines:
Software Status: Official Locked
MEC_WHL PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-11111111
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-1.09.20.0209

software version 1.22.651.1

Download.aspx

I'll be grateful if you can help me.

ibraheem277

So I am far away Nigeria and I just bought this Sprint HTC One E8. The Sprint network doesn't work in my country so the phone has been modified by someone to accept Nigerian GSM networks.

Problem is, I cannot update my phone and I am stuck with KitKat 4.4.2 version making my phone look annoying to me.

I tried download the Sprint Marshmallow update but it refused to install manually saying the version isn't for my phone (I have no option to software update in settings).

I have serached everywhere looking for solutions but can't find any. My fear is, if I revert to a stock version, it might revert to the sprint version which is CDMA and I might not have access to use GSM network in my country. But if it is possible to do this and may be unlock the network after the update I'll be glad.

Else if you have any other means I could update my phone, please help me with the procedures, the custom RUU I need and all I need to do. I am quite a beginner but I learn fast.

Here are usefuil information and photos from the phone you might need:

'fastboot getvar all': (bootloader) version: 0.5 (bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000 (bootloader) version-baseband: 1.09.20.0209 (bootloader) version-cpld: None (bootloader) version-microp: None (bootloader) version-main: 1.22.651.1 (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF (bootloader) serialno: FA4A6SP02159 (bootloader) imei: 990004299312185 (bootloader) imei2: Not Support (bootloader) meid: 99000429931218 (bootloader) product: mec_whl (bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974 (bootloader) modelid: 0PAJ50000 (bootloader) cidnum: 11111111 (bootloader) battery-status: good (bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic (bootloader) security: off (bootloader) build-mode: SHIP (bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT (bootloader) commitno-bootloader: d0c41a5b (bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11 (bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

First 6 lines:
Software Status: Official Locked
MEC_WHL PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-11111111
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-1.09.20.0209

software version 1.22.651.1

Download.aspx

I'll be grateful if you can help me.
I have sprint E8 as well, Mec_whl. When I first got it it has android kitkat. I updated to the latest version, lollipop? Using the official RUU without any problems. Then proceeded to unlock the bootloader from htc website. After that I installed twrp recovery and rooted it. And finally I installed this rom.

Sent from my SM-N910C using XDA-Developers mobile app

douglas8535

Oct 5, 2016
I have sprint E8 as well, Mec_whl. When I first got it it has android kitkat. I updated to the latest version, lollipop? Using the official RUU without any problems. Then proceeded to unlock the bootloader from htc website. After that I installed twrp recovery and rooted it. And finally I installed this rom.

Bro can you give me an outlined procedure to update the way you did yours? I'd be glad.

ElioGaming253

Apr 4, 2016
Hello, I have a question about the ROM. Is it for the One E8 or M8? I want to flash it on my E8 but I also can't find the download button

chinmay_kanpara

Oct 19, 2016
Ahmedabad
Cannot Use Sim Card

Hello i have installed GPE on my HTC ONE E8DS (Dual Sim) Indian Model, Because when i received the original OTA update from HTC For Marshmallow It was stuck in Bootloop and was not passsing the HTC One Logo. Now my issue is i have dual sim variant so according to this ROM one is for GSM and One for sprint but i cannot use GSM sim in any slots not in 1st neither in 2nd . Please Help me or suggest me some solution For my issue...I really need to use this phone. Currently i am in DRC Lubumbashi for my work. I need to use my India Vodafone Sim Here ..

Last edited:

nm08053

Feb 25, 2016
Speaker Problem

I experience a problem with HTC One speakers... the bottom is significantly louder. Do you guys have the same problem after flashing this rom?

deixbe

Oct 27, 2014
E8 Sprint - simlock

I would like to use EU SIM card in this E8 mobile. However my phone has simlock. Unfortunately I updated KK to LP, then MM. Then unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP.
I found this GPE ROM (ver. 1.7.0) and put it on my phone. Now I cannot get rid of the simlock.
Is it possible to remove simlock on GPE? If not, what should I do now?

trife007

Apr 13, 2017
Rom work well but i cant use camera and flashlight. I installed fix but phone freezing on HTC startup logo (or its loading so long coz im waiting up to 1h) and i have to install rom again. Any tips? Mayby im doing something wrong?

Ive got M8Sn Europe single sim.

Hasibur Rahman

Dec 14, 2016
Jessore
By downloading and flashing InsertCoin Custom ROM for HTC ONE E8 you agree to the following:
Your warranty is now void.
Support is limited. We do this as a hobby in our free time. We'll do our best to help you if you state your problem in clear English, with as much information as you can (what mods you selected, have you wiped, when exactly does the error occur, what type of phone you have (ul, l , ws etc.), what carrier, logcat and so on. The more information you offer, easier for us to help you. If you do not ask for support in clear English and with no information what-so-ever we will ignore your issue!
NO Requests! When we work on InsertCoin we have in mind that we have to satisfy all users to a decent level. What works for us might not work for you and vice versa . We are not your personal ROM developers and it is not our job nor our intention to make everybody happy.
Suggestions for improvements are always welcomed. As long as they are well documented and as long as you understand that NOT everything is possible.
You must ask our express permission!
If you get the permission when you use the files you MUST post proper link to this thread and mention
Latest Google Play Rom for HTC ONE (M8) Pure Android 6.0.1 - 5.07.1700.13 MRA58K
Stock Gpe Ramdisk with improvements
Do Not Disturb Priority Mode Fix
SELinux Permissive
Write Protected Mod- thanks flar2 - if you wanna disable it just remove /system/lib/modules/wp_mod.ko
Sense Camera's - One M8, One A9 and HTC 10
Sense Sound Recorder
HTC IME
Sense Music
USB Settings - Set to defualt charge or MTP
MIUI Battery Bar - with size and color options
Right Corner Pull Down Quick Settings
Nav Bar Height Selection
LED Notification Options
Stock BoomSound
JBL Audio

ICE Google Play - v1.6.0
Updated Sense Home
Included Xposed Framework
ADDED Single Sim GSM and Sprint ( One E8 Support ).!!

baadnewz | xXminiWHOOPERxX

mikrosmile, V6-Maniac, flar2, LeeDroid, lyapota, j to the 4n, Turge, show-p1984 , ivicask, omniw0lf, snq-, deagleone, shnizlon, topjohnwu, jcase, Captain_Throwback

XDA:DevDB Information
one-e8-gpe, ROM for the HTC One E8

Contributors
xXminiWHOOPERxX
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP , Lollipop Firmware
Based On: google

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.6.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-06-12

Created 2016-02-12
Last Updated 2016-07-22
There is no GPE rom for one E8 without this.Plz, make it for all dual sim variant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wip.png

comedarkside.png

requirements.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Unlocked Phone @ HTCDEV or S-OFF
    * Custom Recovery
    * Common Sense, Brains and logic
    */

agreement.png

By downloading and flashing InsertCoin Custom ROM for HTC ONE E8 you agree to the following:
    • Your warranty is now void.
    • We are NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    • Support is limited. We do this as a hobby in our free time. We'll do our best to help you if you state your problem in clear English, with as much information as you can (what mods you selected, have you wiped, when exactly does the error occur, what type of phone you have (ul, l , ws etc.), what carrier, logcat and so on. The more information you offer, easier for us to help you. If you do not ask for support in clear English and with no information what-so-ever we will ignore your issue!
    • Leave the self entitled customer attitude at the door. We are under NO obligation what-so-ever to do anything for you. If we do it is because we like helping people. Using custom work published on XDA is not a right, it is a privilege. If you think otherwise please read here. Or watch this video.
    • NO Requests! When we work on InsertCoin we have in mind that we have to satisfy all users to a decent level. What works for us might not work for you and vice versa . We are not your personal ROM developers and it is not our job nor our intention to make everybody happy.
    • Do not come here asking "Hey mate, X rom has that awesome feature and if you don't implement it in your rom, I'll <insert whatever here>!" You flashed this ROM because you liked it at some point, if that change please stop using it.
    • Suggestions for improvements are always welcomed. As long as they are well documented and as long as you understand that NOT everything is possible.
    • NO ETAs! While we do our best to constantly work on the ROM to improve, *fix and add new features, again this is a hobby! There are periods when due real-life issues we can't spend too much time for InsertCoin! If this becomes an obligation passion fades and we might stop cooking the ROM

sharing.png

• You must ask our express permission!
    • You are NOT allowed to use any part of the tweaks files, scripts or proprietary ICE code
    • If you get the permission when you use the files you MUST post proper link to this thread and mention
    • Not respecting this simple rules will lead to reporting to XDA Administrators.

features.png

ROM Base features:
    • Latest Google Play Rom for HTC ONE (M8) Pure Android 6.0.1 - 5.07.1700.13 MRA58K
    • Stock, Traditional Root & Systemless Root, Busybox and init.d support
    • Stock Gpe Ramdisk with improvements
    • Untouched System.img

iceconfigurator.png

Options are subject to change between ROM versions

• Aroma Options
    • Do Not Disturb Priority Mode Fix
    • Screen Cast Fix
    • SELinux Permissive
    • Trusted Face
    • Write Protected Mod- thanks flar2 - if you wanna disable it just remove /system/lib/modules/wp_mod.ko
    • GPS Location
    Sense Mods
    • Sense Camera's - One M8, One A9 and HTC 10
    • Sense FM Radio
    • Sense Sound Recorder
    • Google Dialer
    • HTC IME
    • Sense Video Player
    • Sense Music
    • Sense Weather
    System Modifications
    • USB Settings - Set to defualt charge or MTP
    • Data Trafic Indicator - with color options
    • MIUI Battery Bar - with size and color options
    • Double Tap 2 Sleep Status Bar
    • Right Corner Pull Down Quick Settings
    • Battery Display Options
    • Nav Bar Height Selection
    • Colored Nav Bar Option
    • LED Notification Options
    • Volume Key Options
    Audio Mods
    • Stock BoomSound
    • Harman Kardon - Clari-Fi and LiveStage
    • JBL Audio

ICE Google Play - v1.6.0
    • Updated Sense Home
    • Another Attempt on Fixing NFC for Desire EYE
    • Included Xposed Framework
    • Included GravityBox MM
    • ADDED Single Sim GSM and Sprint ( One E8 Support ).!!

donations.png

baadnewz | xXminiWHOOPERxX

social.png

thanks.png

mikrosmile, V6-Maniac, flar2, LeeDroid, lyapota, j to the 4n, Turge, show-p1984 , ivicask, omniw0lf, snq-, deagleone, shnizlon, topjohnwu, jcase, Captain_Throwback

XDA:DevDB Information
    one-e8-gpe, ROM for the HTC One E8

Contributors
    xXminiWHOOPERxX
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP , Lollipop Firmware
    Based On: google

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.6.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-06-12

Created 2016-02-12
    Last Updated 2016-07-22
    Next update for GPE!!! All credits to @Layapota modpacks for GPE!

Support for all GSM single Sims and Sprint.!! Also Support for Desire EYE Variants , and M8 US Variants. ???

Change log!

- Rooted stock SYSTEM
    - MODs:
    • APM (advanced reboot, screenshot options)
    • BackKey Kill App (long press BackKey kill ontop application)
    • MTP defeault (set MTP default for USB connection without confirm)
    • DoubleTap to sleep in the status bar
    • Right corner pulldown QS
    • Recent apps Clear All button
    • Volume control cursor (move cursor left/right by volume keys)
    • Prism landscape
    • Infinity folders
    • Prism menu
    • Recent/Menu key behavior (set press(longpress) for menu / longpress(press) for recent apps on the recent key)
    • MIUI battery indicator (visibility, heght, color)
    • Traffic indicator (visibility, color)
    • % battery (stock/percentage/hide)
    • Navbar size (100% / 75% / 50% height)

- Sense features in gpe!:
    • Sense camera
    • FM Radio
    • Sound Recorder
    • Google Dialer with "phone only contacts" property and cirillic smart dial
    • Sense keyboard
    • Sense Video Player
    • Sense Music
    • Sense Weather & Clock

- Audio Mods for GPE on all devices :
    • BoomSound
    • Harman Kardon
      - Clari-Fi
      - LiveStage (headset profiles)
    • James B Lansing
      - JBL LiveStage (headset profiles)
    - GPS server variants
    - busybox
    - TWRP 2.8.7.0 Recovery
    * Stock (aroma option 2)
    - Pure stock SYSTEM without root
    * optional wipe data partition exclude media

Be ready ?

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk
    Hi, I have a s- on Can I flash the latest firmware ?

New update is out... make sure to select s-on in aroma if your s-on...
    GPE ROM SUPPORT MULTIPLE MSM8974 Chipsets By HTC

Next release requires S-OFF as this flashes ADSP !!! If S-ON you will BRICK!!!!! ...SO S-OFF , S-OFF NOW! As this next update gives all MSM8974 Devices to enjoy audio from Harmon Kardon, JBL Livestage, and BoomSound by flashing ADSP Update for Marshmallow..!!!!!

SOFF with Sunshine : Here!!!

Credits :

@lyapota - For The Mods and scripts found within his GPE Rom for M8. Without Him This Release Wouldnt Be EPIC.!!
    @flar2 - for Kernel Sources
    @santod040 - for him and his team for the making of these sound mods!!!! Without Them, this wouldn't be available for MM without owning a Sprint Harmon Kardon Device.!
    @graffixnyc - For The Base of this Rom!!!

Revised Changelog!!!

Supported Devices :
    • E8 Devices - MECU/MECUL/MECULEMEA/MECTL/MECWHL
    • HTC Desire EYE - EYEU/EYEUL/EYEULCA
    • HTC One M8 - M8U/M8UL/M8ULCA/M8WHL/M8WLV
    • HTC Butterfly 2 - B2UL

Kernel Changes :
    E8 - Minis-Reloaded Kernel 1.01
    EYE- Minis-Reloaded Kernel 1.01
    B2- Minis-Reloaded Kernel 1.01
    M8 - ElementalX Kernel for M8

Rom Changelog :

• Root:
    • TRADITIONAL /SYSTEM ROOT

MODs:
    • APM (advanced reboot, screenshot options)
    • BackKey Kill App (long press BackKey kill ontop application)
    • MTP defeault (set MTP default for USB connection without confirm)
    • DoubleTap to sleep in the status bar
    • Right corner pulldown QS
    • Recent apps Clear All button
    • Volume control cursor (move cursor left/right by volume keys)
    • Prism landscape
    • Infinity folders
    • Prism menu
    • Recent/Menu key behavior (set press(longpress) for menu / longpress(press) for recent apps on the recent key)
    • MIUI battery indicator (visibility, heght, color)
    • Traffic indicator (visibility, color)
    • % battery (stock/percentage/hide)
    • Navbar size (100% / 75% / 50% height)

Sense features in gpe!:
    • Sense camera
    • FM Radio
    • Sound Recorder
    • Google Dialer with "phone only contacts" property and cirillic smart dial
    • Sense keyboard
    • Sense Video Player
    • Sense Music
    • Sense Weather & Clock