HTC One M8 for Windows
This RUU was obtained via the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. It is ONLY for the US T-Mobile branded device.
For the AT&T RUU go HERE
I suggest you use the Windows Recovery Tool to flash your device
THIS WILL ERASE ALL INFORMATIN! ALL DATA WILL BE GONE. YOU FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK
HOW to Flash
Tested on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (10074) -- Both 64-bit installs
- Download and extract the RUU
- Power off your device
- Press and hold both the Volume Up and Volume Down keys
- Continue to hold the volumes buttons and press the Power Button.
- The device should power up (release the power button) and continue to hold both volume buttons
- A white screen with barcodes and a series of text at the top should now be presented to you. This is the bootloader
- Connect the device to your computer and allow windows to install drivers for it.
- Once the Drivers are installed and the device is recognized lunch the ROM Update Utility from the extracted .zip
- A rectangle should appear after a short moment claiming to be verifying the information on your device.
- If it sees your device the phone will immediately restart and show a black screen with green text. (this is the UEFI being flashed)
- It will reboot after a short moment.
- Once again you will be presented with a black green with green text. This screen will take longer since it is flashing the OS. You will see the files flashed (RPM, CP. Main OS etc)
- Once it is Completed the Utility will say it was successful and your device will restart several times.
- You will be presented with setup wizard and you may continue on from there.
Google Drive - Might have traffic limit