FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

T-Mobile US RUU - 2061.30.15001.531

1,772 posts
Thanks Meter: 551

By Tachi91, Senior Member on 15th May 2015, 12:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

HTC One M8 for Windows

This RUU was obtained via the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. It is ONLY for the US T-Mobile branded device.

For the AT&T RUU go HERE

I suggest you use the Windows Recovery Tool to flash your device

T-Mobile

Firmware: 2061.30.15001.531
Radio: 1.22.213311581.02G
Bootloader: 0.0.2061.30(420268)

THIS WILL ERASE ALL INFORMATIN! ALL DATA WILL BE GONE. YOU FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

HOW to Flash
Tested on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (10074) -- Both 64-bit installs
  • Download and extract the RUU
  • Power off your device
  • Press and hold both the Volume Up and Volume Down keys
  • Continue to hold the volumes buttons and press the Power Button.
  • The device should power up (release the power button) and continue to hold both volume buttons
  • A white screen with barcodes and a series of text at the top should now be presented to you. This is the bootloader
  • Connect the device to your computer and allow windows to install drivers for it.
  • Once the Drivers are installed and the device is recognized lunch the ROM Update Utility from the extracted .zip
  • A rectangle should appear after a short moment claiming to be verifying the information on your device.
  • If it sees your device the phone will immediately restart and show a black screen with green text. (this is the UEFI being flashed)
  • It will reboot after a short moment.
  • Once again you will be presented with a black green with green text. This screen will take longer since it is flashing the OS. You will see the files flashed (RPM, CP. Main OS etc)
  • Once it is Completed the Utility will say it was successful and your device will restart several times.
  • You will be presented with setup wizard and you may continue on from there.

Google Drive - Might have traffic limit

I encourage any and all from other carriers to upload their .nbh files so the community may use them.

15th May 2015, 05:34 AM |#2  
Flag Elyria
Thanks Meter: 13

More
how will this work for s off android m8 for t mobile?
15th May 2015, 09:52 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmeTHEKID

how will this work for s off android m8 for t mobile?

It wouldn't
16th May 2015, 12:40 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 196

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi91

T-Mobile HTC One M8 for Windows

This RUU was obtained via the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. It is ONLY for the US T-Mobile branded device.

I suggest you use the Windows Recovery Tool to flash your device

T-Mobile

Firmware: 2061.30.15001.531
Radio: 1.22.213311581.02G
Bootloader: 0.0.2061.30(420268)

THIS WILL ERASE ALL INFORMATIN! ALL DATA WILL BE GONE. YOU FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

HOW to Flash
Tested on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (10074) -- Both 64-bit installs
  • Download and extract the RUU
  • Power off your device
  • Press and hold both the Volume Up and Volume Down keys
  • Continue to hold the volumes buttons and press the Power Button.
  • The device should power up (release the power button) and continue to hold both volume buttons
  • A white screen with barcodes and a series of text at the top should now be presented to you. This is the bootloader
  • Connect the device to your computer and allow windows to install drivers for it.
  • Once the Drivers are installed and the device is recognized lunch the ROM Update Utility from the extracted .zip
  • A rectangle should appear after a short moment claiming to be verifying the information on your device.
  • If it sees your device the phone will immediately restart and show a black screen with green text. (this is the UEFI being flashed)
  • It will reboot after a short moment.
  • Once again you will be presented with a black green with green text. This screen will take longer since it is flashing the OS. You will see the files flashed (RPM, CP. Main OS etc)
  • Once it is Completed the Utility will say it was successful and your device will restart several times.
  • You will be presented with setup wizard and you may continue on from there.

Google Drive - Might have traffic limit

I encourage any and all from other carriers to upload their .nbh files so the community may use them.

Can I flash this on my Verizon M8FW?
16th May 2015, 02:36 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinPhilemon

Please read the second line on the Original Post. (Post #1, the first post on the first page)
20th May 2015, 05:26 PM |#6  
Flag In a cubicle...in the distant land known as Toledo, OH
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi91

It wouldn't

Agreed...because I already tried...haha. HBOOT on Android devices won't recognize the UEFI and RUU because they're designed for a UEFI boot loader. The Windows Phone edition of the M8 uses something completely different from HBOOT, which isn't publicly available AFAIK. It might be able to be pulled from the phone via JTAG, but that requires someone with good electronics skills and a phone they can potentially destroy to pull the image. Plus, the Windows Phone edition stores encryption keys and requires some of the fuses in the chips to be burned. Not knowing how to retrieve any of that info prior to potentially hard-bricking the Android edition = too much effort for not a lot of gain, especially when the devices are similarly priced in the used market.
24th May 2015, 09:06 PM |#7  
Flag Corry PA
Thanks Meter: 128

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinPhilemon

No, and the recovery tool does not work for the Verzion version. There is a leaked ruu that you can use (its on this forum somewhere). I had to use that to flash back to Windows 8.1. The current build of Windows 10 is a complete waste of time on the M8 anyway, you are better off not using it.

Click here to go to the post with a Verizon version of the rom. I have tested it and you can find additional info on the flashing process from myself here.
12th June 2015, 08:29 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
windows on htc m8 t-mob
hi,
thanks everybody for the gud work . i got a noob question hope you dont mind. I got t-mob htc m8 android i want to load windows on it went through the guide but i guess it will only work on windows m8 and not android m8 . i really like to load windows on android m8 . pl help me with the right answers. is it possible?. if yes i am facing some issues connecting my m8 through windows recovery tool. HELP>>>>>>>>>>
13th June 2015, 01:15 AM |#9  
Flag Charleroi
Thanks Meter: 0

More
not possible at this time
2nd February 2016, 07:25 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Is there any way to load it on AT&T M8?
I have unlocked AT&T M8 that I am using on T-Mobile and I would really like WIFI calling option.
Thanks
25th March 2017, 07:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi.

i get this error when using this on my tmobile htc m8

ERROR 226 (Flash Write - FLASH write error happened. Please check your PDA Phone)

please advice

regards
The Following User Says Thank You to rayxanber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rayxanber Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)