FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Internal Storage Problem, Help Please! HTC One M8

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Dooglag, Junior Member on 6th January 2016, 02:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello so past few days i had been toying with the idea of rooting and i got around to it last night.

> Rooted using Hasoon's2000 M8 Kit.
> Flashed TWRP 2.7.0.2
>Ran PermRoot
>SuperSU wouldn't work so i had to wipe my cache and devik cache then install a new version of SuperSU (Used this thread)
>Installed xposed
>On 5.0.1 so i had to flash the framework (Used this
>then i had a read around to find out that Snapchat has blocked Rooted users so i went to follow this thread (Link here)
Heres where it got ugly.
>Follow instructions and go to unflash xposed, boot into recovery and flash using the uninstall zip on the xposed 5.0+ thread.
>The flash fails so and i'm prompt to click reboot, do so.
>Startup screen, HTC logo, Then stuck on a black screen for +30 minutes, if i did a reset(held power and vol up) it would just go into the same situation
>Had to plug usb into pc, Hold all 3 buttons then release vol up, booted into recovery and it turned on properly.

However now i can't write to my internal storage it seems?
When i view my phones files on my PC all i can see is _nero_sync, Albums, mobile and Ringtones folders.
I can only find one file in the whole place and that is a ringtone OGG file. I move files from my phone to my PC without a problem. However when i try to move a file into the internal storage (Any folder or main directory) i get errors. If its a file im trying to move it just stays on "Copying" at like 2% on the bar forever. If i try and move a folder i get a big red x icon and "Cannot copy xxx_xxxxxxxxxx File may not exist or cannot be transferred. last of all my phone cannot download anything from the web, apps download okay from the playstore but any type of file i try to dload from online get "Download Unsuccessful) i can't even screenshot due to "Can't take screenshot due to limited storage space or it isn't allowed by the app or your organisation). There is around 4GB of free space on the phone.

Here is a album with screenshots from my computer - http://imgur.com/a/bWZMm

Really struggling with this and it's making my phone pretty unusable, if anyone could shed some light on this i'd be tremendously greatful.

Thanks!

10th September 2017, 11:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same problem
7th June 2018, 11:38 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooglag

Hello so past few days i had been toying with the idea of rooting and i got around to it last night.

> Rooted using Hasoon's2000 M8 Kit.
> Flashed TWRP 2.7.0.2
>Ran PermRoot
>SuperSU wouldn't work so i had to wipe my cache and devik cache then install a new version of SuperSU (Used this thread)
>Installed xposed
>On 5.0.1 so i had to flash the framework (Used this
>then i had a read around to find out that Snapchat has blocked Rooted users so i went to follow this thread (Link here)
Heres where it got ugly.
>Follow instructions and go to unflash xposed, boot into recovery and flash using the uninstall zip on the xposed 5.0+ thread.
>The flash fails so and i'm prompt to click reboot, do so.
>Startup screen, HTC logo, Then stuck on a black screen for +30 minutes, if i did a reset(held power and vol up) it would just go into the same situation
>Had to plug usb into pc, Hold all 3 buttons then release vol up, booted into recovery and it turned on properly.

However now i can't write to my internal storage it seems?
When i view my phones files on my PC all i can see is _nero_sync, Albums, mobile and Ringtones folders.
I can only find one file in the whole place and that is a ringtone OGG file. I move files from my phone to my PC without a problem. However when i try to move a file into the internal storage (Any folder or main directory) i get errors. If its a file im trying to move it just stays on "Copying" at like 2% on the bar forever. If i try and move a folder i get a big red x icon and "Cannot copy xxx_xxxxxxxxxx File may not exist or cannot be transferred. last of all my phone cannot download anything from the web, apps download okay from the playstore but any type of file i try to dload from online get "Download Unsuccessful) i can't even screenshot due to "Can't take screenshot due to limited storage space or it isn't allowed by the app or your organisation). There is around 4GB of free space on the phone.
Here is a album with screenshots from my computer - http://imgur.com/a/bWZMm

Really struggling with this and it's making my phone pretty unusable, if anyone could shed some light on this i'd be tremendously greatful.

Thanks!

You do realize this fourm is the one for the windows varient of this device?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)