FORUMS

HTC M9: screenshots, photos and a bit of personal opinion :)

1,192 posts
Thanks Meter: 588

By jauhien, Senior Member on 20th March 2015, 03:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The first thing what I want to express is it is the same phone as M8 until you picked it into your own hands..

As this fabulous handheld happened in your own hands – you begin getting overwhelmed with a brand new experience after HTC M8.

Using M9 is unexpectedly fresh and very much refined experience in comparison to M8: the shape of the phone, and how it feels in your hands (it’s not slippery anymore), and its new very dark gun-metal tint; furthermore the Sense 7 experience is amazing and vivid.

The next thing – new BoomSound. The amount of base was slightly decreased but the quality and clarity of the base was significantly improved. After M9 speakers, M8 sounds if I may say “cheap”..

I made some screenshots and uploaded ZIP archive to my Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkz3az4g2v...shots.zip?dl=0

Then I also took some photos (Macro, Low-light and Outdoor) and made another archive:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/412mrv4s22...shots.zip?dl=0

Thank you!

J.
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to jauhien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jauhien Ad-Free
20th March 2015, 03:37 PM |#2  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,408

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jauhien

The first thing what I want to expressed is it is the same phone as M8 until you picked it into your own hands..

As this fabulous handheld happened in your own hands – you began getting overwhelmed with a brand new experience after HTC M8.

Using M9 is unexpectedly fresh and very much refined experience in comparison to M8: the shape of the phone, and how it feels in your hands (it’s not slippery anymore), and its new very dark gun-metal tint; furthermore the Sense 7 experience is amazing and vivid.

The next thing – new BoomSound. The amount of base was slightly decreased but the quality and clarity of the base was significantly improved. After M9 speakers, M8 sounds if I may say “cheap”..

I made some screenshots and uploaded ZIP archive to my Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkz3az4g2v...shots.zip?dl=0

Then I also took some photos (Macro, Low-light and Outdoor) and made another archive:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/412mrv4s22...shots.zip?dl=0

Thank you!

J.

This is great to know UAE is the 1st country in the world to get it, thansk for the photos
Did you update the software to latest?
How is the screen compared to M8? Is it less bright?
The Following User Says Thank You to vegetaleb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vegetaleb Ad-Free
20th March 2015, 03:40 PM |#3  
Flag Lombard, IL.
Thanks Meter: 814

More
Thanks for the mini review

With all this doom and gloom sad news for HTC lately, everyone makes the M9 sound like the worst phone ever created.

I owned the M8 last year, and flashed the GPE ROM, and I LOVED that phone, such a good size, easy to one hand operate, unlike the popular 5.5" and larger phones.

Can you please post pictures of the phone itself. I haven't seen a lot of the Gunmetal Grey M9 pics, most sites just have the Gold or Silver version.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zorachus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zorachus Ad-Free
20th March 2015, 03:50 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai

More
1. The screen is same bright as M8 screen but a bit "warmer", however that may simply vary due to different manufacturer..
2. You feel the shape of m9 body is different (and new shape is better)
3. Gun-metal isn't slippery anymore.
4. Gun-metal color is now nearly black. (imho more beautiful and luxury)
5. Yes, the software is the latest.
20th March 2015, 04:09 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jauhien

1. The screen is same bright as M8 screen but a bit "warmer", however that may simply vary due to different manufacturer..
2. You feel the shape of m9 body is different (and new shape is better)
3. Gun-metal isn't slippery anymore.
4. Gun-metal color is now nearly black. (imho more beautiful and luxury)
5. Yes, the software is the latest.

How's the speed performance
20th March 2015, 04:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1426860758764.jpg
Views:	2302
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	3220289

Can u see the display in dark room from this diagonal angle and confirm the quality of the screen. Is it like the left one or whit this grey /shadow like the right one
20th March 2015, 04:29 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai

More
The animation of entire UI is that much smooth and snappy that makes a strange feeling of being UNREAL..
Surely such impressions feeling is very much appreciated.
20th March 2015, 04:38 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai

More
HTC bootloader and recovery photos here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ue6x3nwzbl...MEDIA.zip?dl=0
20th March 2015, 04:46 PM |#9  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,408

More
Looks like outdoor quality photos are better than what we saw before,trees for example are less smudgy, though still not as detailed as Note 4.
As for indoor photos it's still oily paint when 100% scale
It was sunny when you took the photos? it looks like cloud overcast
The Following User Says Thank You to vegetaleb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vegetaleb Ad-Free
20th March 2015, 04:48 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thumbs up Nice shots
I think the shots looked good. Would like to see some more outdoor with colors, hdr and possibly more macro shots. Produces really nice detail on the watch !
The Following User Says Thank You to Tantan93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tantan93 Ad-Free
20th March 2015, 04:51 PM |#11  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 227

More
the main question here is how is the battery life? better than m8? stats? figures? screen on time?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boomsound, photos, screenshots

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)