HTC M9: screenshots, photos and a bit of personal opinion :)

Search This thread

jauhien

Mar 25, 2006
Dubai
The first thing what I want to express is it is the same phone as M8 until you picked it into your own hands..

As this fabulous handheld happened in your own hands – you begin getting overwhelmed with a brand new experience after HTC M8.

Using M9 is unexpectedly fresh and very much refined experience in comparison to M8: the shape of the phone, and how it feels in your hands (it’s not slippery anymore), and its new very dark gun-metal tint; furthermore the Sense 7 experience is amazing and vivid.

The next thing – new BoomSound. The amount of base was slightly decreased but the quality and clarity of the base was significantly improved. After M9 speakers, M8 sounds if I may say “cheap”..

I made some screenshots and uploaded ZIP archive to my Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkz3az4g2vmbvu0/Screenshots.zip?dl=0

Then I also took some photos (Macro, Low-light and Outdoor) and made another archive:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/412mrv4s22gf2e6/Camera shots.zip?dl=0

Thank you!

J.

Last edited:

vegetaleb

The first thing what I want to expressed is it is the same phone as M8 until you picked it into your own hands..

As this fabulous handheld happened in your own hands – you began getting overwhelmed with a brand new experience after HTC M8.

Using M9 is unexpectedly fresh and very much refined experience in comparison to M8: the shape of the phone, and how it feels in your hands (it’s not slippery anymore), and its new very dark gun-metal tint; furthermore the Sense 7 experience is amazing and vivid.

The next thing – new BoomSound. The amount of base was slightly decreased but the quality and clarity of the base was significantly improved. After M9 speakers, M8 sounds if I may say “cheap”..

Then I also took some photos (Macro, Low-light and Outdoor) and made another archive:

Thank you!

J.

This is great to know UAE is the 1st country in the world to get it, thansk for the photos :good:
Did you update the software to latest?
How is the screen compared to M8? Is it less bright?

Reactions: jauhien

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
Thanks for the mini review :)

With all this doom and gloom sad news for HTC lately, everyone makes the M9 sound like the worst phone ever created.

I owned the M8 last year, and flashed the GPE ROM, and I LOVED that phone, such a good size, easy to one hand operate, unlike the popular 5.5" and larger phones.

Can you please post pictures of the phone itself. I haven't seen a lot of the Gunmetal Grey M9 pics, most sites just have the Gold or Silver version.

jauhien

Mar 25, 2006
Dubai
1. The screen is same bright as M8 screen but a bit "warmer", however that may simply vary due to different manufacturer..
2. You feel the shape of m9 body is different (and new shape is better)
3. Gun-metal isn't slippery anymore.
4. Gun-metal color is now nearly black. (imho more beautiful and luxury)
5. Yes, the software is the latest.

defendthat

Feb 28, 2015
1. The screen is same bright as M8 screen but a bit "warmer", however that may simply vary due to different manufacturer..
2. You feel the shape of m9 body is different (and new shape is better)
3. Gun-metal isn't slippery anymore.
4. Gun-metal color is now nearly black. (imho more beautiful and luxury)
5. Yes, the software is the latest.

How's the speed performance

fkloznica

Apr 16, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1426860758764.jpg

Can u see the display in dark room from this diagonal angle and confirm the quality of the screen. Is it like the left one or whit this grey /shadow like the right one

jauhien

Mar 25, 2006
Dubai
The animation of entire UI is that much smooth and snappy that makes a strange feeling of being UNREAL..
Surely such impressions feeling is very much appreciated.

Tantan93

Jan 7, 2015
Nice shots

I think the shots looked good. Would like to see some more outdoor with colors, hdr and possibly more macro shots. Produces really nice detail on the watch !

grrrr_unt

Jun 9, 2012
Thank you, kind sir, for taking time to share these with us :) Your mini review is much appreciated! Just to clarify, these photos have been taken after applying the recent software update, am I right?

Corduroy-21

Jun 8, 2009
The photos are pretty good. If you could gives us more it'd be nice.
Any signs of overheating?
Also some more battery info would be nice.

Thanks for your post !

vegetaleb

View attachment 3220289

Can u see the display in dark room from this diagonal angle and confirm the quality of the screen. Is it like the left one or whit this grey /shadow like the right one

+1
Can you take a photo of the phone in low light and from a low side view to see if the screen is getting washed out or not?
Btw did you tried it under direct sunlight? if yes it's as easy to view the screen than M8 or worse?

Reactions: Genetic517

dondavis007

Aug 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thank you. The pics looks better than I hoped for. You can see the absence of ois but it's still much better than I hoped for. Having been a proud owner of both M7 and M8, the smoothness is in another ballgame than say... Touchwiz. Using a note 4 with today version of lollipop it's much better but HTC has always been smooth as an apple.

Sent from a mobile gadget...

AmberBoy

Jan 19, 2013
About photos from M9...didn't you notice green tint in many pictures?

For example look at this photo. Nothing wrong to your eyes?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426881878151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426881878151.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 1,906
Reactions: th3

DT84

Mar 23, 2008
The pictures looked cool on my Nexus 7 2013 display, but then I downloaded the zip on my PC, and I'm not really satisfied with them, at 100%, with non-optimal light, there's a hell lot of noise, it looks like watercolor. :(

Reactions: th3 and AmberBoy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The first thing what I want to express is it is the same phone as M8 until you picked it into your own hands..

As this fabulous handheld happened in your own hands – you begin getting overwhelmed with a brand new experience after HTC M8.

Thank you!

J.
    Eh? After all the guarantees you have been giving people about battery life?!

Yes, I am ready to help, I don't mind assisting, but I scorn lies, and on the other hand I don't want to be cheated either; hence already near 20 years do not watch TV, do not play computer games, and eventually I don't want to be entangled into lies by releasing so called "screen_on_time" screenshots.

The lier whose phone is poor optimized (or even has worse battery life due to its manufacturer) will provide screenshots with LOOOOOOONG screen_on time 'proving' that his optimization (or manufacturer) is better - but that's a sheer lie. He simply changed his handheld display brightness from normal 100% into 10% and then 'proves' that his phone is much better - it has 10 hours of so called 'screen_on_time' unlike mine is just getting let's say 5 hours.
    The screen brightness parameter is not encoded into those 'screen_on' screenshots.

All information what I provided here in this thread is true and accurate, and provided for the sake of truth - you didn't pay me, HTC didn't pay me. If someone needs more true info he/she may ask, and I would be happy to share any other true and accurate info.
    But I scorn and disdain lies, I don't like "applesexual" types, and I actually don't like idea of being "used for" or "entangled" into lies.

J.
    Can you please post pictures of the phone itself. I haven't seen a lot of the Gunmetal Grey M9 pics, most sites just have the Gold or Silver version.

I don't own any decent camera though, used something ugly found at work, then edited the image hence it somehow resembles m8 & m9.. :)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gr8wyyabzm1mili/IMG_20150321_081320.jpg?dl=0
    I am not using much my screen-on-time when sleeping.. :)
    The screen, if you look at it from a very sharp angle, dims i.e. becomes darker (or greyed). BTW that was the first time in my life to look at smartphone in such strange way.. (I really appreciate I am not asked here to dip it into the lavatory for example and to check how it appears looking from down there..)
    P.S. 64 GB version isn't available in Dubai at the moment.. otherwise I already own it :)
    1. Today isn't sunny at all :) long white cloud..
    2. Did you see a dove flying in the sky on image # 44 ?
    3. Two photos in the restaurant are HDR photos.
    4. The handheld is in use 24 hours - what battery life are you talking about? :)