FORUMS

HTC M9 Qfil flash help needed (Qualcomm MSM8994) {Images Attached}

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By war357, Junior Member on 25th April 2017, 05:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
In my position I'm having bricked HTC M9 which need to recover user data (Photos of new born kid which don't have backups)

Symptoms :-
NO power LED (Even charger connected)
NO HTC Logo
NO boot menu
NO vibrations
Power On button do nothing
Power + Volume down nothing

But when it connected to PC it shows Qualcomm service port "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM8)"

After spending long time on reading I figure out If I'm able to fix the partition table & connect Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9006 interface,
Then the eMMC can be mounted to local PC via USB. then I can recover my data,

So I'm planing to use Qfil to flash required data to mobile

So I downloaded Qfil from here
Downloaded stock firmware from here or here

My problem is it required following 3 files
  1. prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn
  2. rawprogram0.xml
  3. patch0.xml

prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn file found & attaching

I'm still unable to find above three files any where from internet,
Please can some one help me to find this files (or extract the from some where)

I'm attaching some Images of device manage view, Qfile & stock ROM I have respectively
Device Manager
Qfil
Stock ROM
Attached Files
File Type: rar prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.rar - [Click for QR Code] (111.9 KB, 3302 views)
26th April 2017, 05:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 473

More
Have you read this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/win...tract-t3385201 ?.

Beamed in by telepathy.
The Following User Says Thank You to shivadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shivadow Ad-Free
26th April 2017, 05:47 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivadow

Have you read this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/win...tract-t3385201 ?.

Beamed in by telepathy.

Hi My Friend, thanx for take your time,
Yep I read it, but the problem is
1. to use this tool we need "prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn" file
2. we can only get "rawprogram0.xml" file from this, still need "patch0.xml"

Any one could help me with this will be a great help.
Thanx Mate
26th April 2017, 06:39 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Good news , I have found the programmer for MSM8994 "prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn"
I'm attaching it above for any one who is in the same boat as me.

Please some one help me to find "rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml" files for HTC M9

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzy...ew?usp=sharing
26th April 2017, 07:22 AM |#5  
Flag InMyHead
Thanks Meter: 13,621

Donate to Me
More
Hello Sir,
You contacted me via PM. I usually do not give any private support, so I'll answer here. Public is always better, because it might help other people.

From what I've learned in the past, the only phone I was ever able to recover by connecting directly to the SoC via that low level serial connection you're planning to use was the HTC One S in 2012. Ever since, I haven't seen anyone accomplish that, except maybe team sunshine (@Beaups and @jcase), who also won't be supporting cases like yours anymore due to time constraints.

With the HTC ONE S, the problem was that that qhusb serial connection couldn't be made stable on Windows. Lack of proper drivers was what I suspected back then. It only worked in Linux, Ubuntu.

So, I am guessing you're in deep sh!t and chances to recover your phone that way are pretty damn near zero.

Also, I faced the same problem like you now: the required files are very hard to come by and for the M9, I definitely don't have them. I didn't even keep the old OneS stuff.

So, unfortunately, your only chance will be to find someone near you with a riff jtag box and have him jtag flash your phone.

I know @Tecardo can do that, because we built up a jtag service in 2012 for XDA users, but he is located in Germany and I don't know where you are. But you can sure contact him.

Also, there usually are people in eBay all over the world selling this service.

Please try that. It's a lot less pain.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sneakyghost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sneakyghost Ad-Free
26th April 2017, 08:09 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakyghost

Hello Sir,
You contacted me via PM. I usually do not give any private support, so I'll answer here. Public is always better, because it might help other people.

From what I've learned in the past, the only phone I was ever able to recover by connecting directly to the SoC via that low level serial connection you're planning to use was the HTC One S in 2012. Ever since, I haven't seen anyone accomplish that, except maybe team sunshine (@Beaups and @jcase), who also won't be supporting cases like yours anymore due to time constraints.

With the HTC ONE S, the problem was that that qhusb serial connection couldn't be made stable on Windows. Lack of proper drivers was what I suspected back then. It only worked in Linux, Ubuntu.

So, I am guessing you're in deep sh!t and chances to recover your phone that way are pretty damn near zero.

Also, I faced the same problem like you now: the required files are very hard to come by and for the M9, I definitely don't have them. I didn't even keep the old OneS stuff.

So, unfortunately, your only chance will be to find someone near you with a riff jtag box and have him jtag flash your phone.

I know @Tecardo can do that, because we built up a jtag service in 2012 for XDA users, but he is located in Germany and I don't know where you are. But you can sure contact him.

hello Sir,
Thanx for your time taken,

Actually I don't need recover the phone, I just need to restore partition table & put the phone in to "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9006 " mode. ( now it is on Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode)
then I can mount the eMMC to Windows OS & recover what I need from the memeory.

So please any one can direct me to that way ??

thanx again
BR
26th April 2017, 08:23 AM |#7  
Flag InMyHead
Thanks Meter: 13,621

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by war357

hello Sir,
Thanx for your time taken,

Actually I don't need recover the phone, I just need to restore partition table & put the phone in to "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9006 " mode. ( now it is on Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode)
then I can mount the eMMC to Windows OS & recover what I need from the memeory.

So please any one can direct me to that way ??

thanx again
BR

As far as my experience went five years ago, mounting the storage chip was not possible. A reflash was, although pretty complicated, just so possible.

I wish you good luck with your adventure.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sneakyghost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sneakyghost Ad-Free
26th April 2017, 10:27 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

As far as my experience went five years ago, mounting the storage chip was not possible. A reflash was, although pretty complicated, just so possible.

I wish you good luck with your adventure.

Ok Mate, Thanx
one other thing,
Do you know a way to just flash only boot partition (from USB cable)

Forgot to answer, I live far from German, Sri Lanka (Southeast Asia) so unable to access most of the resources.

thanx
br
26th April 2017, 12:06 PM |#9  
Flag Pfofeld
Thanks Meter: 632

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello Sir,

Actually these phones are pain to me ๐Ÿ˜‚ taking them apart and reassembling them isn't easy at all. Sadly. And the new HTC U isn't much better

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote:

Ok Mate, Thanx
one other thing,
Do you know a way to just flash only boot partition (from USB cable)

Forgot to answer, I live far from German, Sri Lanka (Southeast Asia) so unable to access most of the resources.

thanx
br

It's m possible Right now. Or I don't know any way. We don't have the resources for that. I could be wrong, but it gets harder getting these Files
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tecardo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tecardo Ad-Free
26th April 2017, 01:00 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 473

More
Rawprogram0.xml is supposed to be creatable from the dragonboard tools.

Isn't it "fastboot flash boot.img"?

Beamed in by telepathy.
The Following User Says Thank You to shivadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shivadow Ad-Free
26th April 2017, 04:44 PM |#11  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,352

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

My problem is it required following 3 files

1. prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn
  2. rawprogram0.xml
  3. patch0.xml

rawprogram0.xml for M9 here.
This from my gpt.bin
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/gpt.bin bs=8 count=2176
and converted to rawprogram0.xml
Attached Files
File Type: xml rawprogaram0.xml - [Click for QR Code] (20.8 KB, 3010 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Golv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)