FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1

661 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,471
 
By Claymore1297, Senior Member on 4th November 2017, 06:14 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 *
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 *
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing Lineage OS 15.1 your device?
Coming from a SENSE ROM?
  1. Enable all location services: Settings > Location > (all location services) = On
Coming from another ROM?
  1. Download the zip(s).
  2. Install a compatible Recovery
  3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
  4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
  5. Flash LineageOS.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Downloads

Downloads
AFH - https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files...&sort_dir=DESC

Google Apps - http://opengapps.org/?arch=arm64&api=8.1&variant=nano

TWRP Recovery - https://dl.twrp.me/hima/twrp-3.2.3-0-hima.img.html

What is not working
  • Developers

How to Build

To setup the build environment, follow instructions here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/himaul/build
Remember to change cm-14.1 to lineage-15.1
Create the direct and file .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml and add the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project name="Claymore1297/android_device_htc_himawl" path="device/htc/himawl" remote="github" />
<project name="Claymore1297/android_device_htc_himaul" path="device/htc/himaul" remote="github" />
<project name="Claymore1297/android_device_htc_hima-common" path="device/htc/hima-common" remote="github" />
<project name="Claymore1297/android_kernel_htc_msm8994" path="kernel/htc/msm8994" remote="github" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" />
<project name="Claymore1297/proprietary_vendor_htc" path="vendor/htc" remote="github" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_packages_apps_FlipFlap" path="packages/apps/FlipFlap" remote="github" />
</manifest>
Things for successful builds:
Code:
cd <build LOS-root-dir>
cd frameworks/av
git fetch https://github.com/Claymore1297/android_frameworks_av lineage-15.1
git cherry-pick b0bb4377d1163233b96b1ca55b0814d778f52569
cd <build LOS-root-dir>
cd hardware/qcom/audio-caf/msm8994
git fetch https://github.com/Claymore1297/android_hardware_qcom_audio lineage-15.1-caf-8994	
git cherry-pick 1e597fdbf233d361af1e6ca70ff69cb4c8d9cb73
git cherry-pick 652740eadecfc29b31e9b11810187b195afdb2cd
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Claymore1297 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Claymore1297 Ad-Free
 
 
4th November 2017, 06:39 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
Finger crossed for this project. I hope everything will work soon. Thanks for all hard work
The Following User Says Thank You to szaj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift szaj Ad-Free
4th November 2017, 09:00 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,012
 
More
I wish you luck, as if your first release is anything to go by, this is going to be a HUGE success.

Great job for a first build.

Very smooth, stable and fast, no issues to report as yet.

I can manage without the camera.

BTW

the battery life is absolutely awesome!!!!

Great work!
4th November 2017, 10:41 PM |#4  
UltraM8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3,984
 
Donate to Me
More
Is there something we can add audio-wise? I've seen some device's kernels with the stuff for hexagon & etc
5th November 2017, 01:21 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraM8

Is there something we can add audio-wise? I've seen some device's kernels with the stuff for hexagon & etc

Probably at some point, though my priority is the camera ...

Speaking of that, I have made some progress by adding a few lines to the device/htc/hima-common/hima.mk file and now I get this as an error, which I think I might be able to do something about. I think the important one was: '[email protected]'

Code:
11-05 13:17:30.806  4179  4179 I [email protected]: Camera provider Service is starting.
11-05 13:17:30.807   415   415 W /system/bin/hwservicemanager: getTransportFromManifest: Cannot find entry [email protected]::ICameraProvider in either framework or device manifest, using default transport.
11-05 13:17:30.820  4179  4179 I vndksupport: sphal namespace is not configured for this process. Loading /vendor/lib/hw/camera.msm8994.so from the current namespace instead.
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E HAL     : load: module=/vendor/lib/hw/camera.msm8994.so
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E HAL     : dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android13GraphicBufferC1Ejjij" referenced by "/system/vendor/lib/libHtcVteEngine.so"...
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E [email protected]: Could not load camera HAL module: -22 (Invalid argument)
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E [email protected]: HIDL_FETCH_ICameraProvider: camera provider init failed!
11-05 13:17:30.884  4179  4179 E /vendor/bin/hw/[email protected]: Passthrough lookup opened [email protected] but could not find symbol HIDL_FETCH_ICameraProvider: dlsym failed: invalid handle: 0x7379c16b
11-05 13:17:30.884  4179  4179 E [email protected]: Could not get passthrough implementation for [email protected]::ICameraProvider/legacy/0.
The Following User Says Thank You to xangma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xangma Ad-Free
5th November 2017, 01:38 PM |#6  
Mirenk's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Fukushima
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xangma

Probably at some point, though my priority is the camera ...

Speaking of that, I have made some progress by adding a few lines to the device/htc/hima-common/hima.mk file and now I get this as an error, which I think I might be able to do something about. I think the important one was: '[email protected]'

Code:
11-05 13:17:30.806  4179  4179 I [email protected]: Camera provider Service is starting.
11-05 13:17:30.807   415   415 W /system/bin/hwservicemanager: getTransportFromManifest: Cannot find entry [email protected]::ICameraProvider in either framework or device manifest, using default transport.
11-05 13:17:30.820  4179  4179 I vndksupport: sphal namespace is not configured for this process. Loading /vendor/lib/hw/camera.msm8994.so from the current namespace instead.
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E HAL     : load: module=/vendor/lib/hw/camera.msm8994.so
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E HAL     : dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android13GraphicBufferC1Ejjij" referenced by "/system/vendor/lib/libHtcVteEngine.so"...
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E [email protected]: Could not load camera HAL module: -22 (Invalid argument)
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E [email protected]: HIDL_FETCH_ICameraProvider: camera provider init failed!
11-05 13:17:30.884  4179  4179 E /vendor/bin/hw/[email protected]: Passthrough lookup opened [email protected] but could not find symbol HIDL_FETCH_ICameraProvider: dlsym failed: invalid handle: 0x7379c16b
11-05 13:17:30.884  4179  4179 E [email protected]: Could not get passthrough implementation for [email protected]::ICameraProvider/legacy/0.

Nice!
I think that you should fix this line for dlopen error.(libHtcVteEngine.so is located /system/vendor/lib now.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirenk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mirenk Ad-Free
5th November 2017, 01:38 PM |#7  
UltraM8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3,984
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xangma

Probably at some point, though my priority is the camera ...

Speaking of that, I have made some progress by adding a few lines to the device/htc/hima-common/hima.mk file and now I get this as an error, which I think I might be able to do something about. I think the important one was: '[email protected]'

Code:
11-05 13:17:30.806  4179  4179 I [email protected]: Camera provider Service is starting.
11-05 13:17:30.807   415   415 W /system/bin/hwservicemanager: getTransportFromManifest: Cannot find entry [email protected]::ICameraProvider in either framework or device manifest, using default transport.
11-05 13:17:30.820  4179  4179 I vndksupport: sphal namespace is not configured for this process. Loading /vendor/lib/hw/camera.msm8994.so from the current namespace instead.
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E HAL     : load: module=/vendor/lib/hw/camera.msm8994.so
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E HAL     : dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android13GraphicBufferC1Ejjij" referenced by "/system/vendor/lib/libHtcVteEngine.so"...
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E [email protected]: Could not load camera HAL module: -22 (Invalid argument)
11-05 13:17:30.883  4179  4179 E [email protected]: HIDL_FETCH_ICameraProvider: camera provider init failed!
11-05 13:17:30.884  4179  4179 E /vendor/bin/hw/[email protected]: Passthrough lookup opened [email protected] but could not find symbol HIDL_FETCH_ICameraProvider: dlsym failed: invalid handle: 0x7379c16b
11-05 13:17:30.884  4179  4179 E [email protected]: Could not get passthrough implementation for [email protected]::ICameraProvider/legacy/0.

So the older camera functions doesen't want to start on the new ones. Actually there were some problems when people were porting los14 too, maybe we need to contact with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to UltraM8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UltraM8 Ad-Free
5th November 2017, 01:51 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Yeah thanks MirenK, I'll focus on that HTCvtc thing with libshims or whatever after (I'm not saying it's important or required, I'm just focusing on one error at a time). I'm just trying to get it to find the hidl definition in the device manifest at the moment. I've changed it to look like this hidl camera entry.

And thanks for the suggestions UltraM8. Keep 'em coming =] I had run out of things to try and was about to give up so all suggestions welcome!

EDIT: Ok, yeah, updating the libshims stuff to see if I can make that HAL error go away... and going back to passthrough from hwbinder because I feel that was a stupid change.
The Following User Says Thank You to xangma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xangma Ad-Free
5th November 2017, 03:43 PM |#9  
lucyr03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Constanța
Thanks Meter: 385
 
Donate to Me
More
I get this when trying to compile with your roomservice:
Code:
[ 99% 1119/1120] glob vendor/qcom/open...terfaces/display/config/1.0/Android.bp
ninja: error: '/home/lucy/android/lineage/out/target/product/himaul/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudiopolicymanager_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/home/lucy/android/lineage/out/target/product/himaul/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudiopolicyservice_intermediates/import_includes', missing and no known rule to make it
5th November 2017, 03:51 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyr03

I get this when trying to compile with your roomservice:

Code:
[ 99% 1119/1120] glob vendor/qcom/open...terfaces/display/config/1.0/Android.bp
ninja: error: '/home/lucy/android/lineage/out/target/product/himaul/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudiopolicymanager_intermediates/export_includes', needed by '/home/lucy/android/lineage/out/target/product/himaul/obj_arm/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libaudiopolicyservice_intermediates/import_includes', missing and no known rule to make it

Yes, this is the audio error I didn't know how I fixed. I think I removed the audio caf repo from the roomservice (my one), synced the LOS15.0 one, then made the changes from my repo in the hardware/qcom/audio-caf folder or whatever. I reset the build environment variables and compiled again and it went away? Sorry I can't help more.

EDIT: Like I rm -rf ed the whole audio-caf folder and synced the LOS one and made my changes. Sorry I'm terrible at repo/git.
5th November 2017, 03:58 PM |#11  
lucyr03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Constanța
Thanks Meter: 385
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xangma

Yes, this is the audio error I didn't know how I fixed. I think I removed the audio caf repo from the roomservice (my one), synced the LOS15.0 one, then made the changes from my repo in the hardware/qcom/audio-caf folder or whatever. I reset the build environment variables and compiled again and it went away? Sorry I can't help more.

EDIT: Like I rm -rf ed the whole audio-caf folder and synced the LOS one and made my changes. Sorry I'm terrible at repo/git.

I think I fixed with USE_CUSTOM_AUDIO_POLICY := 0
The Following User Says Thank You to lucyr03 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lucyr03 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes